REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-29-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Driver Attacks Cyclist Road Rage Video

Came across this today:
Apparently started when the A7 crept slowly into the cyclists-only "box" and one of the cyclists pointed out that the car was in the box.

The A7 sped away, and the cyclist chases the car apparently because the car almost ran over his right foot... And then... the rage happens...

Watch:

What do you guys think?

Article here:
Police seek motorist caught on video attacking cyclist - Telegraph

and a more descriptive descriptive one here:
Video shows Audi passenger PUNCHED cyclist before pushing him off his bike in road rage | Mail Online

Quote:
Angry at a car that had edged into a cycle-only box at traffic lights, this determined cyclist decided to give the occupants a piece of his mind. Not once, but twice.
First the man remonstrated with them by shouting through the window of the white Audi A7 which had crept into the zone reserved for cyclists.
When the Audi sped off, the infuriated cyclist rode as fast as he could to catch up with it at the next set of lights and keep up his high-volume rant.

The incident was captured by another cyclist's helmet camera as he travelled to work along the busy Farringdon Road in central London.
One smartly dressed man remonstrated with the car's driver, telling him he was not supposed to be there because the space was reserved for cyclists, but the motorist sped off.
The cyclist can be seen riding as fast as possible to catch up with the motorist at the next set of lights, where he confronted him once again.

But then a passenger suddenly got out and hit the cyclist with a left hook, before pushing him off his bike and into a taxi, which was also waiting in traffic. He yelled obscenities at the man then returned to the Audi and was driven away.
The incident was filmed and uploaded to YouTube by 26-year-old Jude, a magazine editor.
He said he could not tell whether or not the car had hit the man's bike, but insisted that the driver paid 'little or no attention to the safety of the cyclist'.
He added: 'Confrontations between cyclists and motorists are a daily occurrence in the same way that drivers shouting at other drivers from inside their car is common.
'That this resulted in physical violence is what makes it so shocking, I have never seen that before.
'It was shocking, you do not expect to see that kind of behaviour on the roads.'
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said that officers were aware of the incident but had not received a complaint.
'We are keen to hear from the cyclist if he wants to report it,' he said.
Advertisement
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2014, 01:34 AM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
what do I think?

I dunno, although the car shouldnt have been in the box, but I fucking hate cyclist that thinks they own the road.

so...
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:47 AM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Cyclist was not wearing a helmet and was at some point in every single lane.

This just happened in Van.

Vancouver police say no charges in cyclist vs. driver fight in viral video (with photos, video)
Old 01-29-2014, 03:32 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Both were to blame, though the biker seems to be a bit more retarded out of the 2 imo... The A7 is at fault for being in the bike lane sure, but by riding your bike then stopping in front of him what does the guy expect the A7 to do, just drive slowly behind the bikes? It's clear that the A7 was going to pass the bikers either way even though he was in the wrong, but the biker is just putting himself at higher risk by purposely biking in front of the car.

Car goes around biker in preparation for the green light to pass him, biker gets right up against the side of the car to tell the driver he's in a bike lane. Seems like he does it aggressively too further provoking the driver, who already doesn't seem like he's the most friendly guy out there considering what lane he's in. No shit he would have almost gotten his foot run over, he put his foot right by the car lol. He had no reason to need to get so close to the car just to tell the guy about the lane. Car then speeds away even more pissed off.

Biker catches the car at the next light and is pretty obvious that he wants the people in the A7 to respond by the way he yells and flings his hands in the air. Not surprising at all that the guy in the car came out to shut the biker up... Not that he was right in doing so by any means, just that the biker continuously asked for it.

My opinion of course.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Hey I saw this in the news, but never got to see the video.

Thanks for posting that.

EDIT: From what I understand the biker instigated the fight after the driver made what was most likely an honest mistake. Hitting someone elses car or pulling stuff out of their car through the window and throwing it along the road is asking for a nice ass kicking. So the biker fully instigated. It's too bad most people will watch the video and only see the biker getting a deserved beat down, only because the camera guy didn';t start recording in time to catch the biker do what he did.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:23 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Just goes to show how drivers are fed up with cyclists and their bullshit. Constantly forcing bike lanes, etc is only going to make the issue worse. Plus the lack of policing of the cyclist retards lets them break numerous laws and get away with it. If they are on the road, they are considered traffic and need to abide traffic laws. Not all of a sudden decide to go up on the sidewalk when it's more convenient or run red lights just because they can. If someone did that in their car they would get a number of tickets and have to face a hefty bill.
Posted via RS Mobile
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
IMO both cyclist got what they deserved. Yes you might have got cut off or had a car pull up next to you at a light to pass, but as soon as you chase down the car and start berating , damaging or taking items from the car, what did both the British or Vancouver cyclist expect to happen.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #8
I don't get it

or just have 7seven follow you around for a price lol
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Hey I saw this in the news, but never got to see the video.

Thanks for posting that.

EDIT: From what I understand the biker instigated the fight after the driver made what was most likely an honest mistake. Hitting someone elses car or pulling stuff out of their car through the window and throwing it along the road is asking for a nice ass kicking. So the biker fully instigated. It's too bad most people will watch the video and only see the biker getting a deserved beat down, only because the camera guy didn';t start recording in time to catch the biker do what he did.
I saw the first news report where they interviewed the biker. Sure enough he did not mention anything about taking something from the driver's car. Damn hipster bike moron...
RS_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Yes, the car was illegally in the cyclist box, but why is the cyclist being a dick and making a big deal out of nothing? The car did not delay the cyclist's travel in any way. The cyclist should have just let the car go instead of chasing after him and making a big deal out of it.

Cyclist deserves it.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #11
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Yep. I'm a cyclist and both cyclists deserved it i'd say. Idiots.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #12
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Speaking as both a driver, motorcyclist, and cyclist. These are strictly my own opinions.

Driver: The way I see it, he was just moving out of the way to allow room/space for the cyclists, seeing that so many showed up throughout the duration of the light. He was being mindful.

Cyclist: Too much testosterone. Should have kept to himself like the rest of the cyclists.

Bitch got owned.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
They're both idiots.. but the cyclist got what was coming to him. If you ever bang on some guys car.. better be ready for a fight.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I hate asshole cyclists who think they can do whatever they want and then get pissed off when vehicle drivers don't act in the manner that the cyclist wants them to.

This summer, I had to follow a mother and young daughter up a hill that the daughter could barely make it up. They were both down the center of the road with a separated bike lane on the right-side of the road. Got into a shouting match with the mother because I wasn't giving her daughter enough space (I was at least 2 car lengths back) while she was going so slow it wasn't even registering on my speedo, so maybe 5 km/h. I definitely could've been walking faster.

This hill goes up around a blind corner, too, and I made sure to tell her that she was unnecessarily endangering her daughter's life. She tells me they're not second-class citizens, they don't deserve to be segregated from "you fossil-fuel burning planet killers," in reference to the bike lane segregating bike traffic from regular traffic. Yeah, and unnecessarily forcing me to idle up a hill on my way to work is doing so much good for the planet ...

Fucking hippies
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #15
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I seriously hate some bikers. Living and working in DT you would know what you have to go through on a daily basis with some of these punks. I'm not saying all bikers are bad because I bike some times when the weather is nice but some of these bikers are looking to start shit for no reason. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bikers outside of the bike lanes cutting through traffic, fingering drivers, slamming their brakes in front of cars to piss off drivers. And than you have aggressive bikers who flip off other bikers who might not be going fast enough.

It's ridiculous if you ask me and it's only going to get worst as the weather gets better.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #16
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

i understand the bikers pov but biker initiated it so made me laugh a bit
dee242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Anyone who gets their ass kicked after chasing someone down deserves it in my opinion. If you're not willing to fight then you shouldn't pursue someone you know absolutely nothing about.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #18
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Pat View Post
I saw the first news report where they interviewed the biker. Sure enough he did not mention anything about taking something from the driver's car. Damn hipster bike moron...
I saw an interview or read one with the cyclist where he says the driver grabbed his arm and threatened to break it because he had karate skills or some shit and when the cyclist broke free of the hold he brought with him some papers of the drivers and threw em on the road and told the driver to fuck off (something along those lines anyway)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #19
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I saw an interview or read one with the cyclist where he says the driver grabbed his arm and threatened to break it because he had karate skills or some shit and when the cyclist broke free of the hold he brought with him some papers of the drivers and threw em on the road and told the driver to fuck off (something along those lines anyway)
I heard that the driver was pulling the cyclist into the car through the window so while he was fighting to get away from the death grip of the motorist he threw papers out the window.
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Man fuck cyclists, would have done the same thing if one of them fucked with my car except the fucker would be dead.
Posted via RS Mobile
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #21
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
meh, fucking hate cyclists!
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #22
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

There's a crosswalk outside my work on a bike route. Almost most of the time bikers do not stop for pedestrian crossing and if u cross the street on the crosswalk and the bike had to slow down or stop for you they get piss. Some even yell at you for stoping the momentum. Some bikers are definitely assholes.
Posted via RS Mobile
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #23
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
cyclists:
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 PM   #24
RS controls my life!

That was a good hit
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:13 PM   #25
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Lets be honest here, Marshall only posted this cause there is an Audi involved...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: