REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Spiciest food in Vancouver? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692476-spiciest-food-vancouver.html)

multicartual 02-01-2014 10:42 PM

Spiciest food in Vancouver?

I kind of enjoy the rush of eating spicy food, like, really fucking, ass-burning-the-next-day spicy.

Anyone have any recommendations for any must-eat restaurants known for their extremely hot dishes?

The only place that has ever kicked my ass is one of the Tandoori King restaurants near like 53st and Main. I believe it burnt down though, not totally positive about that though. I dared the chef to make something hot enough that I couldn't eat it. It took me 3 days of having like 1 bite an hour but I finished it!!!

zx7rrrr 02-01-2014 10:51 PM

You should try the Bobby wings at wings pub. I drank a half a cup full of the sauce cuz i lost a bet. I ended up with burning shits for 4 days straight and got a stomach ulcer. Worst thing ever

knight604 02-01-2014 11:19 PM

You can always make your own food too, i remember making some chili and i accidently dumped in like 5x the amount of chili powder and it took me like 2 weeks to eat it all . (5lbs worth)

MaaaadMan 02-01-2014 11:30 PM

Sawasdee Restaurant on Main St. I tried the pad thai and some beef thing and asked for hot. Spiciest food ive ever eaten by far.

knight604 02-02-2014 12:54 AM

^ sorry but you have a weak tolerance for spicy food my friend.

You can go try tandoori kona for some spicy and probably one of the best Indian food around town.

Hondaracer 02-02-2014 08:58 AM

Samz pub in Langley used to have their "ultra hot" wing but I have a feeling they probably don't make it anymore because it was too hot

They shit on the bobby wing and were the hottest things ive ever tasted, we ordered them and the chef came out and looked at who ordered them we waived him down and he said they use canned refined ghost chillis and cooks the sauce with a respirator on

I ate about 4 of them and my head was spinning like I was on drugs. It reminded me almost of the Simpsons episode where homer eats the insanity peppers, it felt fucked and my mouth was done for the next like 10 hours lol
Posted via RS Mobile

Vansterdam 02-02-2014 02:29 PM

buy a couple of these and make your own

Smokin' Ed's Carolina Reaper - PuckerButt Pepper Company Store

Carolina Reaper or Trinidad Scorpions FTW

EndLeSS8 02-02-2014 06:24 PM

Those thanks we well earned :D

jonwon 02-02-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 8410003)
buy a couple of these and make your own

Smokin' Ed's Carolina Reaper - PuckerButt Pepper Company Store

Carolina Reaper or Trinidad Scorpions FTW

chocolate bhutlah bro

subordinate 02-02-2014 08:46 PM

Ugh...I use to love spicy stuff, but as you get older. It's not worth it. lol.
Agony.

tool001 02-02-2014 09:58 PM

wings.. at wings. they had those hot wings.. i could only 3-4 ...almost died. i have high tolerance to spicy stuff but these wings.. .fauk...

they had keep the mug special going that time.. nedless to say i have 3-4 beer mugs from that night..

sonick 02-03-2014 09:32 AM

+1 bobby wings. Wash your hands thoroughly before going to the bathroom; ask me how I know :ohgodwhy: :devil:

truth 02-03-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8410436)
+1 bobby wings. Wash your hands thoroughly before going to the bathroom; ask me how I know :ohgodwhy: :devil:

I know that feel. Even washing my hands before removing contacts didn't help.
Posted via RS Mobile

AW607 02-03-2014 05:15 PM

I'm a fan of spicy food myself, but I think sometimes there's food that's quite spicy but tastes great, and there's food that's made for the sole purpose of causing pain and nothing else.. I think the Bobby Wing falls in the latter category :/

kwy 02-03-2014 05:20 PM

^Bingo. Spicy food is great, but it has to be balanced. It takes zero skill to create a dish that is nothing but spicy, with no other qualities. Just go to any shit restaurant and dump half a bottle of hot sauce on your food if you want spicy..

Hondaracer 02-03-2014 05:42 PM

For the record those wings at samz were actually quite tasty until I had to wipe my tongue off with a napkin
Posted via RS Mobile

one6o4 02-03-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AW607 (Post 8410653)
I'm a fan of spicy food myself, but I think sometimes there's food that's quite spicy but tastes great, and there's food that's made for the sole purpose of causing pain and nothing else.. I think the Bobby Wing falls in the latter category :/

Agreed.

I suggest Hakka Masti on 120th st in delta. Spicy food, but with tons of bold flavours. It's indo-chinese cuisine.

stewie 02-04-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truth (Post 8410609)
I know that feel. Even washing my hands before removing contacts didn't help.
Posted via RS Mobile

I think years ago there were a bunch of pics on here from some guy from a vancouver mountain bike forum who lost a bet and he had to eat a dozen of em...just looking at the pictures of this kids face that was beat red and sweating bullets made me cringe...and usually I love spicy food :s

Side note - not super spicy, but got a decent tasty kick to it -> at earls, the Cajun chicken sandwich, but ask for it to be either dipped in the spicy sauce that comes with the tacos, or at least get some on the side to dip in. Tried it tonight and it was delicious!
Posted via RS Mobile

one6o4 02-05-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8411544)
I think years ago there were a bunch of pics on here from some guy from a vancouver mountain bike forum who lost a bet and he had to eat a dozen of em...just looking at the pictures of this kids face that was beat red and sweating bullets made me cringe...and usually I love spicy food :s

Side note - not super spicy, but got a decent tasty kick to it -> at earls, the Cajun chicken sandwich, but ask for it to be either dipped in the spicy sauce that comes with the tacos, or at least get some on the side to dip in. Tried it tonight and it was delicious!
Posted via RS Mobile

Or you can get diced chili hunan peppers in the sandwich!

Phil@rise 02-06-2014 01:09 PM

bobby wings gave me the hiccups but I ate a whole pound and felt fine the next day lol
I like spicy food but there is a point where its just pointless pain and no flavor

Roach 02-06-2014 01:53 PM

I'd say the Bobby wings are definitely spiciest I've had. Made the same mistake in the washroom too.

I think spiciest food that I actually enjoyed was a Korean restaurant off Robson & Bute called Red Chicken. Not sure if it's still around, but it was located under Ebisu. Decent flavour with more of a gradual spicy effect. They would give you a plastic glove to the chicken with. Nice touch.

Kev

sonick 02-06-2014 01:56 PM

Find a good Szechuan Hot Pot place, dat peppercorn numbing spiciness :drool:

corollagtSr5 02-07-2014 06:49 PM

bobby wings is straight up chemical burn and taste in the mouth

westopher 02-09-2014 07:45 PM

Bobby wings aren't THAT spicy guys. I've had 2 orders in a sitting without being too sad about it. There was a place in edmonton that is called coast to coast and if you ate a lb of their hottest wings you would get free wings and beer every wednesday for a year. I ate 3 and puked on the table hahaha. If you are looking for a good spicy snack at home the Mrs. renfros ghost pepper salsa is really hot and also super tasty. Factory offers some sides of hot sauce for their regular wings. The daves insanity ghost pepper was my favourite/hottest. Its fucking crazy hot, but still tastes great. A night out drinking after that was awful though. Shitting at bars is my worst nightmare. Also, the spice is in oils from the pepper so simply washing your hands doesn't always work. Rub your hands on some clean stainless steel to help or some vodka on your fingertips then wash your hands afterwards again.

mr_chin 02-09-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx7rrrr (Post 8409794)
You should try the Bobby wings at wings pub. I drank a half a cup full of the sauce cuz i lost a bet. I ended up with burning shits for 4 days straight and got a stomach ulcer. Worst thing ever

A co-worker ate it and an ambulance was called because he couldn't breathe.