REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #51
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
[QUOTE=sebberry;8413205]Do you know what the reason might be for this?

If I can barely get my hand between the steering wheel and my right knee when I turn the wheel, you bet I'm swapping the steering wheel.

I know what you mean...as you have seen from what I drive...I contort my 6ft 2" body in 3 places and dislocate my left leg to fit underneath the steering wheel. When seated it just clears my knobby knees and then I repeat the process in reverse when I get out...and I do have the seat set back and the steering column lowered to help. Almost like getting into a formula racing car. I have looked into telescopic knees from UBC sports med clinic but my medical plan will not cover it.
Advertisement
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #52
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
medal petals? Can I see a pic?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #53
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

When I was pulled over the plate was already on, the plate was put on the day of that picture. and that picture was taken early jan. The police officer clearly knew nothing about the laws of the MVA because he walked to the front of my car looked for a front plate and it was there, he said nothing about no reflectors, all he said was " that steering wheel looks smaller then stock" and guess what it was by 2cm, now Doing 19 over on HWY 1 happens a lot more then you think, you live on the island Zulutango so i dont expect you to know how we drive out here, I have been passed my RCMP officers multiple times when I'm in the slow lane doing 110+, It was the end of the month and he was probably out to get his quota, I' not going to argue saying I didn't speed because I said even when he pulled me over I was, I respect peace officers but not this one, I was honest with him i answered with sir I never gave lip back, But he goes ahead and gives me a VI when I can almost bet 100$ my car is probably safer then half the shit that drives on HWY 1 everyday. So you can sit here and pick my car apart, but ill tell you what i failed My VI for , No front reflectors , I have about an inch of rusted exhaust that has yet to break threw yet but needs to be changed, and my drivers side door handle which broke on friday, My steering wheel passed and my pedals. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me, So defend the cop all you want but really he knew nothing about the laws of the MVA. If he knew them my car would be towed because I didn't have front reflectors.
Zyro1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #54
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro1214 View Post
When I was pulled over the plate was already on, the plate was put on the day of that picture. and that picture was taken early jan. The police officer clearly knew nothing about the laws of the MVA because he walked to the front of my car looked for a front plate and it was there, he said nothing about no reflectors, all he said was " that steering wheel looks smaller then stock" and guess what it was by 2cm, now Doing 19 over on HWY 1 happens a lot more then you think, you live on the island Zulutango so i dont expect you to know how we drive out here, I have been passed my RCMP officers multiple times when I'm in the slow lane doing 110+, It was the end of the month and he was probably out to get his quota, I' not going to argue saying I didn't speed because I said even when he pulled me over I was, I respect peace officers but not this one, I was honest with him i answered with sir I never gave lip back, But he goes ahead and gives me a VI when I can almost bet 100$ my car is probably safer then half the shit that drives on HWY 1 everyday. So you can sit here and pick my car apart, but ill tell you what i failed My VI for , No front reflectors , I have about an inch of rusted exhaust that has yet to break threw yet but needs to be changed, and my drivers side door handle which broke on friday, My steering wheel passed and my pedals. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me, So defend the cop all you want but really he knew nothing about the laws of the MVA. If he knew them my car would be towed because I didn't have front reflectors.
Fucking hate people who blame "quotas" when they get pulled over, ticketed, VI'd, etc.

The fact that you got pulled over while being in the "slow" lane while still being passed leads me to believe you were doing something else or something on your car attracted the cop's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #55
RS Veteran

Lol at the cop not knowing the MVA. The fact that he DID point out your wheel shows he knew. I will admit that even I didn't know that certain section of the MVA. And if it was on a highway, chances are you were pulled over by a Traffic Cop, so they actually know more about the MVA and MVAR than General duty cops.

You got caught for speeding, and you didn't pass your VI.... so how can you even still be arguing that you didn't deserve a VI. You FAILED the VI, which means you DID deserve it. get it? Anyways, you can cry all you want. Not all speeders are going to get caught. Not all illegally modified cars are going to get caught, but YOU got caught. Suck it up.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #56
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #57
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
This thread is utterly ridiculous.

OP got caught and is bitter.

Fact is you got caught speeding, and the cop issued you VI's for legitimate concerns. You are most likely skewing the story in your favour.

You can feel free to complain about the speed limit being artificially low, (for the record it is), but the fact is you knew what the speed limit was and you have no right to complain abut the tickets you were given because you WERE speeding, and there obviously was legitimate concerns about the modifications to your vehicle.

I am starting to understand Soundy's stance on this issue. People continuously show up in this section and complain about getting speeding tickets, even though they were ONLY going 10-20km/h over and the fact that everybody speeds in that area. Guess what lots of people break laws everyday, just because you happened to be the only one who got caught doesn't mean anything.

YES a lot of speed limits are artificially low, and no it isn't fair, BUT you choose to take the risk and speed, YOU KNOW WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT IS. You can complain all you want about the speed limits being low, but you have no right to complain about getting a ticket for breaking a law, you knew what the rule was, you chose to break it.

If you are really so concerned educate yourself and go lobby the government for them to revise speed limits. Posting up here complaining about the tickets you received which you definitively deserved you are simply just making an ass of yourself.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 02-09-2014 at 03:21 PM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #58
RS Peace Officer

.....and if you had not been speeding then you might not have got caught with your "legal" modifications.!!!! Sorry, just stirring the pot. Now my latest batch of popcorn is ready. See ya!
Old 02-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #59
RS Peace Officer

Doing 19 over on HWY 1 happens a lot more then you think, you live on the island Zulutango so i dont expect you to know how we drive out here,

Actually I have more than a fair idea as I spent several years training new MotorCops at PRTC. I also did training sessions on Traffic Law enforcement to many of the LMD Traffic Members. We used to spend many hours training on those same roads and I used to travel to and from Tac Team practices and other courses in Chilliwack several times a year.

As others here have already pointed out to you, just because "everybody does it" does not make it legal. For some reason you stood out from all the other road users at the time you got stopped? The situation into which you chose to place yourself has resulted in several defects being noted in your vehicle. Fix them, get the car re-inspected and drive according to the laws and chances are that you will not be here again posting your newbie account "outrage" at getting caught & held accountable. Hell, even some RS members agree with me on this one so I guess you can see where you stand in the real world.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #60
I bringith the lowerballerith

I was going over +40 of the speed limit yesterday. didnt get caught
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #61
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
zulutango is now setting up a GUI in VisualBasic to track your IP address so he can come by your home to serve you

ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #62

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
That's it now. Zulutango has put in reports to both the RCMP and cyberpolice and they're backtracing your IP as we speak. They're going to come knock down your door and disrespect your family. You done goofed. Admitting your heinous crime on the internet was the last thing you should have done. Consequences will never be the same.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #63

Yea I failed a VI for something small, i didn't fail because of what the cop thought was illegal, and honestly i really don't care about the ticket and I'm not saying because everyone else speed's its right. Its just stupid. Speed limit should be 110. Now as for the VI yea I failed not a big deal, the thing that gets me is that it was for something he never picked up on. A peace officer should issue a VI IF HE KNOWS that it's illegal not assume it is. I have no issue fixing my car so that it passes and I already did. Its the point that they can just assume that a car needs a VI and hand them out like nothing. How is that right please explain? I went to a well reputable shop in Abbotsford, I didn't go to some side shop and get the stickers put on for extra money, and he just fakes the inspection. And as for " doing something more then speeding" name something please Because the ticket is for speeding and that's all he talked to me about, sitting here and bashing me about what I say won't change my opinion, I got pulled over for speeding and then got my car nit picked by the officer. I paid the ticket and I really don't care about that its the fact that a officer can hand out VI's when he assume's its illegal. So say what you want but I'm voicing my opinion and just because you think it's wrong doesn't mean shit to me, Freedom of speech.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #64

You're a peace officer you should know what freedom of speech is Zulu. you seem to attack people for voicing an opinion.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #65

You got caught for speeding, and you didn't pass your VI.... so how can you even still be arguing that you didn't deserve a VI. You FAILED the VI, which means you DID deserve it. get it? Anyways, you can cry all you want. Not all speeders are going to get caught. Not all illegally modified cars are going to get caught, but YOU got caught. Suck it up.[/QUOTE]
I did and i paid lol im just not happy the way a VI can be issued.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #66
RS Veteran

Being a peace officer or Police officer has nothing to do with knowing what freedom of speech is lol. Freedom of speech is known by everyone who lives in Canada, let alone North America. Zulu's "attack" on you is HIS freedom of speech, is it not?

If you are modifying your car with aftermarket NON oem parts, the onus is on YOU to prove that it is "legal". With your passed inspection, at least you can now prove everything in your car is supposedly legit. Your steering wheel being aftermarket and visually smaller than what most OEM wheels should be, gave the officer reasonable grounds to believe that it may not be "legal". You even admitted it was smaller. So a VI was issued to have it inspected. Again, you risk being "hassled" when you modify your car. And again, the onus is usually up to you. The officer probably suspected a number of things that would not meet standards since your car was imported, and decided to issue you a VI. At least that is probably what I would do rather than write out a list of offences and serve you a 500+ VT.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #67

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
A. YOUR AFTERMARKET STEERING WHEEL FROM WHAT YOU DESCRIBED IS ILLEGAL. IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT THE SHOP YOU TOOK IT TO PASSED IT. A DIFFERENT SHOP THAT IS WILLING TO RESEARCH THE ORIGINAL WHEEL'S SIZE/SHAPE/MATERIAL AND COMPARE IT TO YOURS WOULD FAIL IT. That is the first thing that you need to understand.

B. You are speaking to a forum of people with infinitely more knowledge of the motor vehicle act and it's implementation than you. You don't need to agree with the advice and knowledge provided, but you do need to accept it. 5 days ago you were shown this:
Quote:
Steering wheels shall be of substantially the same size, shape and strength as the steering wheel supplied by the manufacturer of the motor vehicle.
It will be up to an inspector to decide if your aftermarket wheel meets that standard.
Police are designated as Inspectors and have the authority to inspect your vehicle at roadside and/or order it to an inspection station for a full inspection.
The officer who stopped you determined that your aftermarket steering wheel failed one of the three listed conditions, and lawfully ordered you to complete a VI. The fact that the shop that you took it to signed off on the inspection does not change the fact that this could quite easily happen to you again because frankly the wheel isn't fully complaint with the law.

C. Freedom of speech does not exist on a private web forum. Posting here is a privilege, not a right. Disregarding that my mockery of you in this thread is also against the forum's rules, you would be well advised to read them and acquaint yourself with rules 1, 3 and 4:
Quote:
1. Respect the officers that come here, they are helping you out on their personal time.
3. This is not a forum to make complaints of any Police Dept.
4. This is here to help you learn about modifying cars within MVA guidelines.
Regardless of whether the motor vehicle act or the ability of inspectors to send you off for VI's is fair, updated or just, it is legal and this isn't the place to complain about it. Feel free to contact your MLA and parliamentarians and voice your concerns. They'll be the only people that you could possibly influence towards changing it.

This will be my last (first) helpful post in this thread. If you're not interested in taking the information that has been provided here and fixing it, that's fine. Just don't think that there is going to be any sympathy or frankly desire to hear about it when run-ins with the law continue to occur.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.

Last edited by Brianrietta; 02-09-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #68
RS Veteran

And as Zulu posted about the Police's authority to issue a NO

Notifications and orders

25.08 (1) Despite an inspection certificate being in force, the director or a peace officer may, on having reasonable and probable grounds to believe that a vehicle may not comply with the standards, notify the owner or operator of a vehicle to present it for inspection to a designated inspection facility within the period set out in the notification

which means, he does not have to know 100% that it will fail, just that it may not pass.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #69
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
You're a peace officer you should know what freedom of speech is Zulu. you seem to attack people for voicing an opinion.

One of the reasons I'm here is so I can attempt to provide an informed opinion on MVA and Regs questions to those who post here. I voiced my opinion based on my 28 years of traffic law enforcement experience and what the OP said were facts. The facts and the situation kept changing and then the OP got upset at my factual responses. Even when he admits he was wrong he still refuses to accept the outcome that he wrote for himself. A rebuttal based in fact is not an attack. If you want to call that an attack on my part, then so be it. That's my opinion and I have expressed it. Just remember that quote from "A Few Good Men"....some people just can't handle the truth.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #70

I know the truth, and I understand completely that if I mod my car that I myself with have to deal with a peace officer, that's not what im complaining about. this quote "Steering wheels shall be of substantially the same size, shape and strength as the steering wheel supplied by the manufacturer of the motor vehicle.
It will be up to an inspector to decide if your aftermarket wheel meets that standard.
Police are designated as Inspectors and have the authority to inspect your vehicle at roadside and/or order it to an inspection station for a full inspection" Now explain how an after market wheel does not meet these standards. I can understand the size thing completely but why should a police officer be able to assume its not? why should he or she be able to just be like " oh that looks smaller " boom VI is issued. When he knows nothing about my car? The guy even said he isn't a mechanic... So how is that fair to me or anyone else? I honestly don't care any more about the VI but what I care about is the fact that a peace officer can just hand them out without really knowing. I'm not saying its all peace officer's that know nothing but what about the one's that don't? that's not fair to anyone. And honestly Zulu because you are a peace officer you probably agree with everything he did? But for you to issue a VI is different, you sound like you actually know something about cars,and what they need to have to pass. So tell me have you ever issued a VI to someone for having squeeling breaks that sounds like nails to a chalk board? Because in my mind that is a lot more dangerous then my car..... So many average people drive around with cars that need work, but because they know nothing of cars they don't know, So here I sit with a car that is safer then most and I get nailed because of an after market steering wheel and metal pedals.... He told me the pedals were illegal because if you're foot is wet they can slip off, well if you're foot is wet it will slip off the rubber one's to. So I'm not going to sit here and argue when you are going to defend everything the police officer say's because he is one of you, In the end some of you may agree with me or disagree but honestly I could care less i started the forum for help and this is what it ended up in. Yea I am new to this site and I thought I could gain knowledge from people, instead people just took shots at me. Ill admit the day i started this forum i was pretty pissed off about the whole situation but it would have been nice for people to be like hey this and this is wrong maybe you should do that, and so on and so forth. And I will continue to post on this forum but ill probably stay away from this thread because clearly people have mixed emotions on peace officers.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #71
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
I hate it when people come on here and proclaim that "I have an opinion, and I have every right to voice it".

Great good for you, but frankly sometimes that opinion is goddamn stupid and if I knew you in real life I would slap you upside the head for voicing it.

The truth is, If you were "okay with the ticket" and paid it. Then why the fuck did you come on here and make a thread about it?

Obviously you weren't okay with it, and wanted a cookie and consolation from the online community for some retarded reason. What you didnt expect is to see people who actually know the law, and understand it, and call you out on your BS. Now you are left looking like a fool, and trying to back track.

EDIT:
Quote:
So how is that fair to me or anyone else?
In response to the above post...You sound like you have the maturity of an 8 year old, so let me give you a quick rundown on real life:

1. If you fuck up, own up to it.
2. Contrary to what your mom may have told you, you cannot do "anything you like", and further to this, you will be below average on some things, and above average on others, but one thing will always be a constant: someone will always be better than you at everything...

And most importantly:

3. LIFE AIN'T FAIR, get over it.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 02-09-2014 at 11:22 PM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2014, 06:05 AM   #72
RS Peace Officer

So that no feelings are hurt by any possible perception of a discussion on this discussion forum being an attack, I hearby propose we follow the technique aptly dmonstrated in this video .. it's my "Family Day" offering to our RS Family members. Happy RS Family Day.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #73
RS Veteran

Quote:
I know the truth, and I understand completely that if I mod my car that I myself with have to deal with a peace officer, that's not what im complaining about. this quote "Steering wheels shall be of substantially the same size, shape and strength as the steering wheel supplied by the manufacturer of the motor vehicle.
Police are designated as Inspectors and have the authority to inspect your vehicle at roadside and/or order it to an inspection station for a full inspection" Now explain how an after market wheel does not meet these standards. I can understand the size thing completely but why should a police officer be able to assume its not? why should he or she be able to just be like " oh that looks smaller " boom VI is issued. When he knows nothing about my car? The guy even said he isn't a mechanic... So how is that fair to me or anyone else? I honestly don't care any more about the VI but what I care about is the fact that a peace officer can just hand them out without really knowing. I'm not saying its all peace officer's that know nothing but what about the one's that don't? that's not fair to anyone. And honestly Zulu because you are a peace officer you probably agree with everything he did? But for you to issue a VI is different, you sound like you actually know something about cars,and what they need to have to pass. So tell me have you ever issued a VI to someone for having squeeling breaks that sounds like nails to a chalk board? Because in my mind that is a lot more dangerous then my car..... So many average people drive around with cars that need work, but because they know nothing of cars they don't know, So here I sit with a car that is safer then most and I get nailed because of an after market steering wheel and metal pedals.... He told me the pedals were illegal because if you're foot is wet they can slip off, well if you're foot is wet it will slip off the rubber one's to. So I'm not going to sit here and argue when you are going to defend everything the police officer say's because he is one of you, In the end some of you may agree with me or disagree but honestly I could care less i started the forum for help and this is what it ended up in. Yea I am new to this site and I thought I could gain knowledge from people, instead people just took shots at me. Ill admit the day i started this forum i was pretty pissed off about the whole situation but it would have been nice for people to be like hey this and this is wrong maybe you should do that, and so on and so forth. And I will continue to post on this forum but ill probably stay away from this thread because clearly people have mixed emotions on peace officers.
did you even read my quote of one of Zulu's initial posts?? All the Police officer needs to have is reasonable grounds to BELIEVE. Not proove. The fact that your car is imported, for me, is enough to issue a VI.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #74
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
This thread is utterly ridiculous.

OP got caught and is bitter.

Fact is you got caught speeding, and the cop issued you VI's for legitimate concerns. You are most likely skewing the story in your favour.

You can feel free to complain about the speed limit being artificially low, (for the record it is), but the fact is you knew what the speed limit was and you have no right to complain abut the tickets you were given because you WERE speeding, and there obviously was legitimate concerns about the modifications to your vehicle.

I am starting to understand Soundy's stance on this issue. People continuously show up in this section and complain about getting speeding tickets, even though they were ONLY going 10-20km/h over and the fact that everybody speeds in that area. Guess what lots of people break laws everyday, just because you happened to be the only one who got caught doesn't mean anything.

YES a lot of speed limits are artificially low, and no it isn't fair, BUT you choose to take the risk and speed, YOU KNOW WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT IS. You can complain all you want about the speed limits being low, but you have no right to complain about getting a ticket for breaking a law, you knew what the rule was, you chose to break it.

If you are really so concerned educate yourself and go lobby the government for them to revise speed limits. Posting up here complaining about the tickets you received which you definitively deserved you are simply just making an ass of yourself.
Someone needs to sticky this. Literally 99% of Police Forum posts follow this same basic template. The speed limits DO suck, yes, but as for raising them? Maybe if we take a certain group of people driving white Lexuses off the road first...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #75
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Yea I failed a VI for something small, i didn't fail because of what the cop thought was illegal, and honestly i really don't care about the ticket and I'm not saying because everyone else speed's its right. Its just stupid. Speed limit should be 110. Now as for the VI yea I failed not a big deal, the thing that gets me is that it was for something he never picked up on. A peace officer should issue a VI IF HE KNOWS that it's illegal not assume it is. I have no issue fixing my car so that it passes and I already did. Its the point that they can just assume that a car needs a VI and hand them out like nothing. How is that right please explain? I went to a well reputable shop in Abbotsford, I didn't go to some side shop and get the stickers put on for extra money, and he just fakes the inspection. And as for " doing something more then speeding" name something please Because the ticket is for speeding and that's all he talked to me about, sitting here and bashing me about what I say won't change my opinion, I got pulled over for speeding and then got my car nit picked by the officer. I paid the ticket and I really don't care about that its the fact that a officer can hand out VI's when he assume's its illegal. So say what you want but I'm voicing my opinion and just because you think it's wrong doesn't mean shit to me, Freedom of speech.

Quote:
I absolutely gave up on reading your responses (objectively) because your lack of use of the enter key and some sort of punctuation. Reading your responses are getting really difficult. It makes your response look like a messed up mesh of words that hurt my eyes. Please use the enter key.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote