REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #76
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Am I the only one who has absolutely zero interest in going even remotely close to this new outlet mall?
Nope.

As always, I'd much rather not deal with the lines and pay full price for whatever I buy. Especially when I am buying something high end, usually its going to be a luxury item, there is no reason why I would inconvenience myself and anger myself to get a deal on something like that. You can either afford it or not. If you have to hunt for deals and shit on $150 shirts, then chances are you should be shopping at winners for the time being until you can afford to blow money on this sort of stuff.

Also it's interesting you point out the fire problem. It's half the other reason I hate this project. As someone who works on a lot of fire protection systems all over the country, I was choked this is an outdoor mall, cause there is hardly any sprinklers...
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #77
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Am I the only one who has absolutely zero interest in going even remotely close to this new outlet mall?

I mean, think about the recipe: a luxury outlet mall located in what is essentially China away from China, pretty much strategically located in the area where it is so that all the Chinese folks who would typically raid Seattle Premium Outlets and turn it into an outdoor Richmond Centre, no longer have to drive 1.5hrs to buy luxury goods, and simply need to take a stroll in their backyard for their Prada Burberry Gucci stuff?

I'm calling it right now, it's going to be a cigarette butt wasteland and someone is going to throw a cigarette butt into one of the decorative trees or bushes in the outlet and cause the entire thing to burn down.
It's ok b/c there will be many China parents letting their kids shit and piss by the tree or bush thus putting out fire or making it smell of shit.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:42 PM   #78
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
Christy Clark is probably so pumped about all this awesome minimum wage job creation to keep our super awesome economy just flying high.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:10 AM   #79
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

the outlet is on musqueam land. anyone with a status card is going to make a killing getting stuff for tax free for their "new" chinese friends.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 03:26 AM   #80
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
No yoga day but have 5+ RCMP officers directing traffic for fobs lining up for discounts!
china > yoga
Old 07-10-2015, 03:29 AM   #81

Quote:
I'm calling it right now, it's going to be a cigarette butt wasteland and someone is going to throw a cigarette butt into one of the decorative trees or bushes in the outlet and cause the entire thing to burn down.
is vancouver that bad now? I left van 3 years ago (moved to shanghai china lol) and it's actually not that bad here in shanghai, pretty clean in fact. Aside from the dusty streets and occasional bad smog, it's actually pretty tidy. Heading back to van in aug for a few weeks to check it out, see how my countrymen has ruined my hometown haha.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:11 AM   #82

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
Man, you guys are a tough crowd. No matter what goes in there, Vancouver people are always going to think its shitty. It's just another outlet mall, nothing new everyone knows what they are getting there. Marked down, watered down brand names. I haven't been, done care to go, most likely will have to go when the wife wants to (hopefully not for a while).
Exactly. I bet if some kind of car accessories superstore went in there, people on here would be singing praises when at the end of the day, a set of rims is just as useless as a designer handbag when it comes to meeting one's needs in life.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 06:18 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuda View Post
geez, the footage of the customers trying to rush into the Coach store and the lady trying to tell them to stop. Its like footage of Americans trying to get into a Walmart on Black Friday...
That lady would've gotten trampled over if it was Black Friday.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #84

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Lets all bum-rush Coach for 50% off $200 wallets!

Absolutely no interest going there to shop. Only thing I'm interested at that fucking mall is:

Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:25 AM   #85
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Ugh reminds me of boxing day and Hong Kong, no thanks.

I'll just make do with shopping online

I have to go to the airport tomorrow to pick up some family -_- going to be fun -_-
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:28 AM   #86
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Christy Clark is probably so pumped about all this awesome minimum wage job creation to keep our super awesome economy just flying high.
The long term jobs are all minimum wage but there were 100's of tradesmen working on the project for a couple years who aren't minimum wage.

Personally I think it's a terrible location for an outlet mall and I'll never go there but what the fuck do I know.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #87
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
keeps the richlanders in away from vancouver, sure!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:39 AM   #88
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Canada sold out, and now many people born in Vancouver are forced out to Surrey and beyond...

Maaaaaaaaan, that one tall blonde looked like she was going to shart her pants if one more rich asian pushed her to get a deal on a Coach bag, hahaha!!!
Should have push them back. Once you been to China you know how to do it right. Coz if you don't you will never get to where/what you want.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #89
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
creating one million jobs by 2022
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #90

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
The long term jobs are all minimum wage but there were 100's of tradesmen working on the project for a couple years who aren't minimum wage.

Personally I think it's a terrible location for an outlet mall and I'll never go there but what the fuck do I know.
The construction has actually only been about 14 months so far, i'm not counting january and february when the project broke ground and there was like 5 people on site.

It certainly will end up around 2 years by the time all the contractors are off site and deficiencies are completed, but i'd say the 100's of tradespeople you are referring to would have only been there for maybe 12 months of the project. The rest of the time there would be less than 50.

I know a few guys on that project, and they only took the job to stay in town during the summer of 2014, and be able to go home to their families. Otherwise those guys make shit money in town, they would much rather be up north if they could.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #91

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
the outlet is on musqueam land. anyone with a status card is going to make a killing getting stuff for tax free for their "new" chinese friends.
Nope. Musqueam has a reserve on Sea Island, but it's not close to where the outlet mall is. Looks like the Chinese still need to make friends with the Squamish if they want to score tax-free deals at Park Royal.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #92
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
People running to a coach store? Coach? COACH? Wow.. it's coach! Makes me think of people running to McDonald's for $0.69 cheeseburgers. I hope I never go to this place..
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #93
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
I work at the Canada Post at the end of Ferguson Road... my coworkers were complaining about the crazy amount of traffic yesterday, I don't have to come in until Tuesday but I am already not looking forward to it. Why the mall's designers didn't have the foresight to add more lanes to that tiny access road is beyond me, considering all the "time-sensitive" companies and their accompanying 18-wheelers that work on Ferguson (UPS, Kenan jet fuels, Canada Post, etc.)...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #94
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

They already have plans to expand the mall by another 135,000 square feet in 2017.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #95
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
I wonder how long this initial rush is going to last, although I'd expect traffic to at least remain pretty bad around there this whole weekend.

Can anyone fill us in on how it is out there today?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #96
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
does this mean it's gonna take me extra long to get to the dog park? crud
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #97
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
A stampede of people driving to this outlet causes some flights to be delayed.

Why am I not surprised that this happens nears Richmond? You get poor transportation planning combined with people looking for a "deal" on designer stuff to cause this mess.

It's not like it was a 50% sale on Armani, Prada, Versace, etc.

Flights delayed after outlet mall shoppers jam traffic near YVR | CTV Vancouver News

Last Updated Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:42PM PDT

Shoppers flocked to the grand opening of a new outlet mall near Vancouver International Airport on Thursday, causing enough traffic congestion to delay flights.

A crush of eager consumers flooded into McArthurGlen Designer Outlets for the official ribbon cutting, filling the parking lot and clogging the road to the airport.

Last edited by pastarocket; 07-10-2015 at 10:08 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #98

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
More traffic delays on routes to YVR expected over the next month due to new outlet mall - NEWS 1130

Quote:
If you’re heading to YVR today, be ready for possible delays. Hankinson suggests travellers check with their airlines before heading to the airport and consider taking transit.

“Check with your airline to see if your flight is on time. Contemplate taking the Canada Line; it is absolutely the most efficient way to get to YVR. But if you are driving, give yourself a little bit more time and tune in to traffic on NEWS 1130 in order to hear what the latest traffic situation is as you head to YVR.”

These traffic headaches may be the norm for weekend travel for the next month.

“We anticipate that there is strong interest over the next four weekends…. every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, there would be increased traffic to YVR because of the outlet centre. But also it’s summer; it’s a heavy travel periods for families and individuals. What we want to do is ensure that we’ve minimized any potential delays so that… those flying can get to their flight on time without delay,” says Hankinson.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:11 AM   #99
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Yo man ken duong is looking for u
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #100
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

It's not like it was a 50% sale on Armani, Prada, Versace, etc.
I thought there was an Armani and Prada store there? Either way oO
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote