REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #126
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

The designer outlet's buyer demographic:

And the end result when they try to rush exiting out of the parking lot.

Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:07 PM   #127
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,410 Times in 5,095 Posts
I went there to check it out on opening night last night, it wasn't as busy in the evenings... still huge lineups to drive in for some reason even though there was tonnes of parking open and RCMP still there directing traffic.

I rode my motorcycle so I could just buzz in, take a quick look and buzz out... stores are all of the who cares variety... lots of peeps in the Nike store at 8pm hoping to score rare Jordan's. Yah, those are still going to be there at that point... idiots. Some cool food options and food trucks there... and a nice playground for kids on the north side. A lot of stores aren't open (Phase 2 I guess).

Then, when I left, nobody could figure out that the righthand lane also allows you to turn left, so they were all bottlenecked in the left despite the giant 3 way pointing arrows in the right lane. Then I turned the corner and while beside a brand new white Range Rover, it threw its signal on and changed lanes on top of me. Richmond. Gave his mirror a bit of a love-tap with the carbon knuckle part of my glove on the way by -- no damage, just a little how's your father.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #128
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
I swear, no one works in Richmond. 12pm? Afternoon dimsum la! 2pm? Golf time? O shit its a weekday?? Not a problem!
Truth lol
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #129
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Concept:

Reality:
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #130
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Went today to check out Nike and Under Armor because I work across the river and have a 2 hour break. Some good stuff at Under Armor, Nike was meh. The prices at Under Armor were really good and comparable to Seattle premium outlets
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #131
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Lets all bum-rush Coach for 50% off $200 wallets!
Absolutely no interest going there to shop. Only thing I'm interested at that fucking mall is:
Spoiler!
Damn... I hate you, now there's a reason for me to go lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
People running to a coach store? Coach? COACH? Wow.. it's coach! Makes me think of people running to McDonald's for $0.69 cheeseburgers. I hope I never go to this place..
Apparently in China, Coach is equivalent to Prada or Fendi in terms of reputation. The same Coach purse that sells for $200 in Seattle goes for $800 in Shanghai.
It's like that with many things. Canadian Club which is our basic rye is considered a premium whiskey in Asia. It's up there with the Johnny Blue Label.
I heard there was some crazy deals on the first day, Hugo Boss suits were going for over 50% off, probably all gone now?

My friend was there yesterday, she's a small little girl. She said she was bumped and pushed around the moment she got in. She got tired and was about to sit on a bench but some older China lady swooped and ninja'd her spot.

Anyway this thread reminds me of this and I'm not surprised:
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #132
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Apparently in China, Coach is equivalent to Prada or Fendi in terms of reputation.
They cant even say any of those words.... I had a guy say to his gf, "My wallet in your Channel bag!"
Old 07-10-2015, 11:20 PM   #133
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Coach...

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:25 PM   #134
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I went today. The only lineup was at Coach and it was huge.
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:29 AM   #135
I am on the internets

build an outlet mall by the airport but leave the main artery roads with two lanes. im getting sick of this city
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 12:29 AM   #136
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
i'm really confused by western (& now chinese) shopping culture.

do people really need this much stuff? how many clothes does one need to need to go shopping every week? two weeks? etc.

i bet most people can go to their wardrobe and grab half their clothes that have not been worn in 12-18 months, which means they're probably not needed and should be recycled (niche items, i can understand, ski jackets / pants, etc.)

i just don't get it. the idea of going to this place and fighting with these crowds for 'stuff' that you don't need blows my mind.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-11-2015, 02:36 AM   #137
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post

do people really need this much stuff? how many clothes does one need to need to go shopping every week? two weeks? etc.

i bet most people can go to their wardrobe and grab half their clothes that have not been worn in 12-18 months, which means they're probably not needed and should be recycled (niche items, i can understand, ski jackets / pants, etc.)

i just don't get it. the idea of going to this place and fighting with these crowds for 'stuff' that you don't need blows my mind.
It's the same mentality you see with all these posts making fun of Coach for some reason... People feel the need to fit in and be seen as savvy.

I doubt these peoplet even like [U][/orU] dislike this stuff; they follow what they think they're supposed to say and do. Someone probably heard their girlfriend or mom say it, so they keep it going. This way they can relate to one another over something completely irrelevant and petty.

It's pretty sad, but I guess it keeps the economy going...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 03:14 AM   #138
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This way they can relate to one another over something completely irrelevant and petty.

What is relevant and meaningful anymore?
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:36 AM   #139
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

It's very hard to say that the things we spend money on is things we don't need. What I don't need, in my opinion, is not going to be the same as what other people need. What makes me happy, in my opinion, is not going to be the same as what makes other people happy.

Some people find stress relief in shopping, Lord knows how, but the "thrill of the hunt" is what spurs them on. We all know how happy girls are when they stand in line for an Aritzia warehouse sale, though we can never understand why. We just see a long line. At the same time, girls are boggled as to why I have three snowboards and four skateboards. My rational will be as confusing to others as their rational is to you and me.

Another thing, when you have disposable income, you WANT to dispose of it. It's a reward mechanism for the work you put in. Some do it in other forms besides shopping. Foodies, for example, blow all that money on expensive restaurants or eating out every day. Car guys spend it on bucket seats or a new suspension. Travellers go to Asia or Europe (or both) every year. You either blow $2000 in one shot on plane tickets and accommodations or you blow $2000 throughout the year buying clothes. It doesn't matter, as long as you feel the reward in your hands and say to yourself, "I earned it."
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:41 AM   #140
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
What is relevant and meaningful anymore?
Everyone has interests I guess. Those who don't, buy certain brands and dislike other brands.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-11-2015, 04:29 AM   #141
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello24 View Post
Another thing, when you have disposable income, you WANT to dispose of it. It's a reward mechanism for the work you put in. Some do it in other forms besides shopping. Foodies, for example, blow all that money on expensive restaurants or eating out every day. Car guys spend it on bucket seats or a new suspension. Travellers go to Asia or Europe (or both) every year. You either blow $2000 in one shot on plane tickets and accommodations or you blow $2000 throughout the year buying clothes. It doesn't matter, as long as you feel the reward in your hands and say to yourself, "Daddy paid for it."
Fixed
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 06:15 AM   #142
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello24 View Post
It's very hard to say that the things we spend money on is things we don't need. What I don't need, in my opinion, is not going to be the same as what other people need. What makes me happy, in my opinion, is not going to be the same as what makes other people happy.

Some people find stress relief in shopping, Lord knows how, but the "thrill of the hunt" is what spurs them on. We all know how happy girls are when they stand in line for an Aritzia warehouse sale, though we can never understand why. We just see a long line. At the same time, girls are boggled as to why I have three snowboards and four skateboards. My rational will be as confusing to others as their rational is to you and me.

Another thing, when you have disposable income, you WANT to dispose of it. It's a reward mechanism for the work you put in. Some do it in other forms besides shopping. Foodies, for example, blow all that money on expensive restaurants or eating out every day. Car guys spend it on bucket seats or a new suspension. Travellers go to Asia or Europe (or both) every year. You either blow $2000 in one shot on plane tickets and accommodations or you blow $2000 throughout the year buying clothes. It doesn't matter, as long as you feel the reward in your hands and say to yourself, "I earned it."
You make a great point, and for things that make u happy, I totally agree, but I wonder what the marginal value is of most of this stuff to ppl is.

For me, it's different, maybe I'm old and mature, maybe it's bc I have lived all over the place, but it's experiences I spend my money on (to your point, food and travel - thankfully mostly through my work)... But still, these ppl at yvr, it's just odd to me.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #143

Generally most young adults here live with their parents to save money but I wonder how many people save the money instead of spending it on discretionary stuff
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #144
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
I have 1 word for all the mainlanders that buy up everything "Face" thats all they want... they just want to bragging rights, is what im trying to say... do they need it, prolly not.. will it make them look cool, yes...
Old 07-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #145

Quote:

I'm pretty big into fashion but I'm also pretty thrifty into it (apprentice wages ftw)

The key idea when it comes to fashion is that you need to determine how many times you are going to wear said items and how much its gonna cost.

So if you buy a shirt for 10 dollars and you wear it 10 times it becuase a 1 dollar per use item!

So the key is if your gonna buy something make sure you do some math and you wear it a shitload.

Using this method has prevented me from shopping at fast fashion (h and m and such) and now my wardrobe is quite a bit smaller and I have higher quality clothing.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:14 AM   #146
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,410 Times in 5,095 Posts
New money that's all there is to it... Ain't got no class or style
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #147

does that underarmour outlet have those avengers stuff?

I want those ironman leggings. https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...ngs/pid1257491
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #148
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:

I have enough T-shirts, underwear and socks to last me for 10 days. That's it lol. I do laundry every week so I don't need more than 10 Tees. Only 2 pair of jeans and 3 pair of shorts. Used to spend a ton of clothing then realize I wasted too much money. If only ppl realize how much money they could save by not shopping......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #149
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
New money that's all there is to it... Ain't got no class or style
Ever watch an episode of "The Lottery Changed My Life" when a trailer park, redneck wins? They haven't been exposed to what's normally accepted in everyday society, only what they see on TV/media or what their like minded friends tell them is current. So they blow their money on dumb shit that makes them look like they fit in but they still act like rednecks.

Same thing here.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #150
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
This place could probably be open 24/7, would ease traffic too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: