REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 04-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #126
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
the ending saved it.......personally i couldn't turn my brain off when it came to staying realistic compared to last F&F movies .....these Cheesy camera tracking scenes
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #127
My homepage has been set to RS

I didn't mind the movie a lot of crazy action none realistic really but over all decent movie! Ending was emotional that's for sure RIP Paul Walker!

Any word on anymore fast and furious movies or is this it? With all the money they are making in these films I can't see it ever ending but I guess one day it will!

Also I wish they got the Tokyo drift guy to help instead of him doing just a cameo!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:29 PM   #128
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Better acting and effects than I expected, but that storyline was disappointing (to be polite). I didn't expect much given that they pick the actors before the script but still, I expected Statham to actually be somewhat relevant.

As a side note, wtf ever happened to Leon from the first movie? All this "family" stuff feels so weird when most of the original secondary characters are gone and the rest are fairly new.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #129
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Better acting and effects than I expected, but that storyline was disappointing (to be polite). I didn't expect much given that they pick the actors before the script but still, I expected Statham to actually be somewhat relevant.

As a side note, wtf ever happened to Leon from the first movie? All this "family" stuff feels so weird when most of the original secondary characters are gone and the rest are fairly new.
He dies during the events of Fast Five in Rio. EDIT: Sorry I was thinking about Vince. Good question. Where the fuck is Leon, he had the yellow R33 if I remember right...

I heard they were recruiting Eva Mendes to come back for the next movie. Which would be interesting I guess.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #130

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
He dies during the events of Fast Five in Rio.

I heard they were recruiting Eva Mendes to come back for the next movie. Which would be interesting I guess.
i think you mistaken vince with leon
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #131

Yeah come to think of it what did ever happen to Leon? Haha they brought back that other dude who hated Brian O'Conner guy who liked Mia but hated Brian!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #132
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

from what i remember after searching google awhile back (i remember an article about him that was tied to the destruction of the r33 gtr (aka. "yellow bird") by the US gov't johnny strong (leon) didn't want to come back and was "pursuing other interests", but i'm not sure if he was even offered to come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
I didn't mind the movie a lot of crazy action none realistic really but over all decent movie! Ending was emotional that's for sure RIP Paul Walker!

Any word on anymore fast and furious movies or is this it? With all the money they are making in these films I can't see it ever ending but I guess one day it will!

Also I wish they got the Tokyo drift guy to help instead of him doing just a cameo!
there will be an eighth, if vin diesel's comments during interviews are for real or not.

lucas black was deep into his role in NCIS New Orleans, which made his schedule very tight, so what you saw was as much they could get from him to help tie the tokyo drift movie back to this one.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 04-07-2015 at 06:57 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #133
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,417 Times in 917 Posts

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #134
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Spoiler!
Jaffray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #135
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
He dies during the events of Fast Five in Rio. EDIT: Sorry I was thinking about Vince. Good question. Where the fuck is Leon, he had the yellow R33 if I remember right...
Yeah that was Vince, and Jesse didn't *have* to be dead after getting shot by Johnny Tran. Considering all the other bs they pull, having Jesse live wouldn't have been a stretch at all.

Quote:
It would be good if she actually made sense being there, and not just writing her in because they want Eva Mendes in the movie like they did with Letty (or like half the characters in F7).
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #136

More characters the better haha! But yeah Im hoping the F&F keeps on going gotta see how high it can go but will be tough with no more Paul...
Old 04-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #137
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Just watched it in IMAX.

You can tell when everyone was sitting at the beach they are no longer acting. Too much feels.

The movie itself wasn't "great" but it's what you would expect from a FnF movie. The action and suspense had me on the edge of my seat.

It gets me every time that all the characters in the movie are essentially Terminators reborn;
Crowbar to the face? No problem, it's just a black smudge across the cheek.
Explosion forces your head through the van window? Oh I messed up my hair.
Car splits in half? Oh I got a papercut on my forearm.

The Rock splitting his cask by flexing had me laughing pretty hard. Damn he's jacked.

Abu Dhabi thoughts - That "birthday girl" that Tyrese was talking to at the party, SMOKIN'!
Sandwiched between the cleavage and the Lykan HyperSport scenes was Ronda Rousey which almost single-handedly killed my mood with her horrible 1-liner and nasty make-up.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:47 PM   #138
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Official music video to See You Again here, for some reason cant find it on youtube
Wiz Khalifa - "See You Again" [Music Video Premiere]
i saw the mv in MCD, i started to tear up near the end as i was having my big mac & some ppl started to staring at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #139
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
I enjoyed the movie
definitely popcorn movie. Feel Ninjas showed up and some people teared up.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:48 AM   #140
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thoughts on the movie:

-the plot and storyline wasn't as good as the 5th or 6th
-Ronda Rousey's line was just ...
-loved some of the references and throwbacks to the old FF films
-the ending with the song and flashbacks was so much feelllsss

Overall, really enjoyed the movie. Movie 7/10, ending 11/10.

Is it true that the Abu Dhabi scenes were shot after PW's death? If so, they did a great job cuz I couldn't tell it was cgi or his brothers..
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #141
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
yeah ronda... well all i care to take from that is that letty has now beat down MMA fighters

from what i've seen online, cody and caleb said their first shoots were in abu dhabi. there is a picture floating around somewhere of them together in front of a mclaren on set there.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #142
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
for those of you not feeling the rap portion of the song i found a version with just charlie puth

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #143
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

the return of Hector stole the whole movie! haha.

no feels ninjas for me. at the ending, I couldn't stop thinking they were milking Paul Walker's death to sell as many tickets as possible. I think all the hype and subsequent marketing surrounding his death soured my experience a bit when I watched this movie.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #144

yah..the hector scene brought back lots.. i think they were going to talk about if he went pro or not.. in the ***** circuit ! hahaha
Old 04-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #145
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
the return of Hector stole the whole movie! haha.

no feels ninjas for me. at the ending, I couldn't stop thinking they were milking Paul Walker's death to sell as many tickets as possible. I think all the hype and subsequent marketing surrounding his death soured my experience a bit when I watched this movie.
pockets aint empty cuz
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #146
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

agreed. iunno if it's just me, but i feel like all the trailers purposely include shots of walker turning his head or looking cheerful, just so it makes people remember that he's passed on.
CaptainSigFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #147

I wish they played off of race wars more but now the FnF series is all about action and shit! I wish they went back to more racing but gotta appeal to the masses I guess!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #148
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

When the first FnF movie came out, I just graduated from HS.
Now married with 2 kids, The Brian, Mia and whole "family" thing got to me. Soo much feels
Loved seeing all the LA landmarks from the first one. I.e. Parking lot Dom hid the Rx-7
blackGS? is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #149

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
seeing that drone and helicopter flying around in LA...."ahh that's fake as fuck"
watching Ronda Rousey get her ass kicked in bad make-up & shitty acting "..ahh this is fake as fuck again".

Super car jumping building to building.."fucking dumb ass movie!".

Vin Diesel coming alive at the end right in perfect timing
Old 04-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #150
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Just got back, it was good!
Almost got the tears, but it was really emotional

What ever happened to Han's GF?

At the end of 6 (where Han dies) I really REALLY wished they ret-conned it to have him live... NO HAN DON'T DIE!!!

I'm glad they put in that guy from Tokyo Drift though
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote