REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Weedman lawn care (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692800-weedman-lawn-care.html)

Bat-A-Man 02-13-2014 07:27 PM

Weedman lawn care

are these guys scammers?

this guy came to my house yesterday when I wasn't home and it was only my dad home, on a tablet they had my dads information(full name) and they said they wanted to phone my dad in 2 days and talk about what kind of lawn service they could provide. so my dad gave them the house phone number and the person also asked for an initial stating that they were allowed to call and talk to my dad. my dad signed it. when I got home my dad told me what happened and right away it seemed shady so I quickly googled their company and there is a lot of reviews stating they send bills to the house for work that was not authorized by anyone.(even if they do work on our lawn without authorization)

is there anyway they can legally bill us if we did not agree? the thing I am scared about is that my dad sign his initals and gave our phone number to them.

also how should I protect myself from them?

thanks!

GLOW 02-13-2014 07:36 PM

I would think it depends what he signed. I hope he actually read what he signed...

Bat-A-Man 02-13-2014 07:38 PM

even with an initial its that bad? because realistically anyone can forge 2 letters.

kkthind 02-13-2014 07:41 PM

They came to my house a few years back, they were some little high school kids, it's kind of like the vector marketing BS. I found them to be very annoying. They said that we would like to have your contact information to offer our services, and I'm like what are your services, and they said someone will call you and explain what services you offer, and I'm like don't you guys know what services you offer? And they were very vague about it and said we do lawn care, and I'm like I know that but what other services, and they didn't answer my question and I'm like I don't want your services and told them to leave
Posted via RS Mobile

GLOW 02-13-2014 07:44 PM

Well I'm thinking if he signed a contract or authorization to proceed with work. I'm under the impression he might have signed without reading and took the guys word that it was authorization to only call back later because that kind of sounds like BS. Wait and see if guess.

Bat-A-Man 02-13-2014 07:45 PM

yeah my dads English is very poor, so I think he just signed it and was like okay they will phone me later and ill have my son talk to them...

any idea if an initial can actually authorize a service? would it need an actual signature

subordinate 02-13-2014 07:58 PM

Remember when terasen allowed 3rd parties to sell you gas at fixed or variable rates? Bunch of scummy asshole sales rep were lying to people and those with poor English, asking to see their monthly bills, when in reality, they were getting their info to fill in the contract up and get you to sign.
I wouldn't doubt that's what Weedman does, from the reviews online. Propose something, when actually, your dad signed a contract.

Your dad should read things before he even initials something. Especially when it makes no sense; they need his initials to give you guys a call? B.S., sounds like he initialed off on some work.

Bat-A-Man 02-13-2014 08:05 PM

I know.. I gave my dad a good talking when I got home, but what can I do now to protect my self?

subordinate 02-13-2014 08:19 PM

Call and see if it was a contract, record it in case? It could be nothing at all?
I believe its buyers remorse, you have 15 days to cancel a contract.

Be Careful Of Weedman

Bat-A-Man 02-13-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 8416471)
Call and see if it was a contract, record it in case? It could be nothing at all?
I believe its buyers remorse, you have 15 days to cancel a contract.

Be Careful Of Weedman

yah I read that thread and I got scared. I will call them and cancel and hope that's the end of it

tiger_handheld 02-13-2014 08:29 PM

why not call the company and say you are not interested.

Bat-A-Man 02-13-2014 08:31 PM

they are closed now and I want to prepare for the worst.

I will call them tmr though and hope all goes well

shawnly1000 02-13-2014 08:40 PM

Marketplace investigates Weed Man - Calgary Eyeopener - CBC Player

Nvasion 02-13-2014 08:50 PM

Im currently on my.phone but whats the video?
Posted via RS Mobile

vitaminG 02-13-2014 09:33 PM

dont even worry let them cut your grass and send you a bill, i doubt it was an enforceable contract especially if all he did was sign his initials. if they send you a bill just ignore it

stewie 02-13-2014 09:41 PM

Locked gate + guard dog :p
Posted via RS Mobile

Harvey Specter 02-13-2014 09:48 PM

Dude came to my house around 10pm last night. Had no idea who he was until I saw "weedman" on his cap so I asked him if he was selling weed. The guy laughed and said he wished.

stewie 02-13-2014 10:09 PM

10pm? Wtf....hope they pay decent overtime there...
Posted via RS Mobile

Manic! 02-13-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8416538)
10pm? Wtf....hope they pay decent overtime there...
Posted via RS Mobile

I bet they are on commission.

k3mps 02-13-2014 11:16 PM

They came to my gf's neighborhood a few weeks back.
It was a young high school kid that told us who he was representing and what services they had, asked for an initial beside her address just to say that he came by.
Told us he was just doing his job and to ignore the call lol

dee242 02-13-2014 11:30 PM

use to work at moody power equip on st johns one of only 3 lawn mower sales and repar shop around i think and never really heard of them not in our landscaping client list if that says anything

Brad Fuel 02-14-2014 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Disick (Post 8416525)
Dude came to my house around 10pm last night. Had no idea who he was until I saw "weedman" on his cap so I asked him if he was selling weed. The guy laughed and said he wished.

10pm? What city are you in? I'm pretty sure Vancouver only issues business licences for solicitation til 9pm. I doubt other cities would be much different. 10pm is pretty late for door to door.

Groot 02-14-2014 02:09 AM

this came to mind lol

GLOW 02-14-2014 03:52 AM

Wonder what they would say if you initial as F.U. :troll:

Vansterdam 02-14-2014 07:42 AM

classic lol