REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   ed coates, founder of lordco passes away (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692931-ed-coates-founder-lordco-passes-away.html)

bensta 02-18-2014 01:03 PM

ed coates, founder of lordco passes away

i know some of you aren't fond of the company, but regardless he's a pioneer in this industry. I've been employed by him for almost 6 years, and am thankful for what he's provided me.

Lordco owner Ed Coates passes away | News1130

bcrdukes 02-18-2014 01:38 PM

Wow, only 65. Still very young.

RIP :(

Sushi604 02-18-2014 01:51 PM

RIP Ed Coates :dead:

duc_evo_sp 02-18-2014 02:50 PM

I hate lordco, their prices are too high and their employee are dicks. I like dealing with Mopac in langley. Better service and better prices.

91civicZC 02-18-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duc_evo_sp (Post 8419195)
I hate lordco, their prices are too high and their employee are dicks. I like dealing with Mopac in langley. Better service and better prices.

This is about a guy dying. A local guy who made a pretty bad ass business empire for himself, employs over 1500 people, and has had a huge effect on car culture in BC.

Regardless about what you thought about him or his stores, It’s not a thread about where you like to shop.

N8 02-18-2014 03:09 PM

^ True dat. Especially the giving people jobs part. RIP ED

duc_evo_sp 02-18-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91civicZC (Post 8419199)
This is about a guy dying. A local guy who made a pretty bad ass business empire for himself, employs over 1500 people, and has had a huge effect on car culture in BC.

Regardless about what you thought about him or his stores, It’s not a thread about where you like to shop.

A local guy who made a bad business buy charging 300% above cost and you think this is good for BC?

Over charging BC customers is good for car culture in BC?

Employing 1500 people who lack customer service and have a higher than mighty attitude is good for BC?

Fuck that, and FUCK Lordco.

white rocket 02-18-2014 03:13 PM

RIP :(. Too young for sure. I don't dig on Lordco but as a businessman myself I can fully respect and appreciate what it takes to create a local empire. If they are so hated then why are they still in business? Obviously someone somewhere appreciates their service.

On a side note, a good friend of mine dated his daughter back in high school. She was super nice and threw parties in MR all the time.

bensta 02-18-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duc_evo_sp (Post 8419214)
A local guy who made a bad business buy charging 300% above cost and you think this is good for BC?

Employing 1500 people who lack customer service and have a higher than mighty attitude is good for BC?

i didn't ask you for your opinion.. its quite apparent from your attitude why you think that people who work there are all douchebags.

feel free to leave this thread anytime

MarkyMark 02-18-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Sorry did someone put a gun to your head and make you shop there?
Posted via RS Mobile

BoostedBB6 02-18-2014 03:45 PM

As a former employee, Ed was a great guy.
On a business side of things there was much to be desired.

punkwax 02-18-2014 03:47 PM

I wonder how many times mods have hovered their mouse over the BAN button after reading one of duc_evo_sp's posts...

RIP.

sonick 02-18-2014 04:01 PM

Jesus, he found out he had pancreatic cancer last FRIDAY and was given 3 days to 3 weeks to live.

kkthind 02-18-2014 04:57 PM

Discounts on all autoparts at lordco in memory of Ed Coates :badpokerface:
Posted via RS Mobile

multicartual 02-18-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Hahaha dude you're the guy at the bar who is like "come at me bro!!!"

multicartual 02-18-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8419252)
Jesus, he found out he had pancreatic cancer last FRIDAY and was given 3 days to 3 weeks to live.

WOW fuck!!!

SkinnyPupp 02-18-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8419246)
I wonder how many times mods have hovered their mouse over the BAN button after reading one of duc_evo_sp's posts...

RIP.

I'm still trying to determine if he's a troll, or just really fucking stupid. We can't really ban for the latter...

MG1 02-18-2014 06:16 PM

Lordco sponsors a lot of individual racers and clubs, and of course MRP.

I've had good rapport with just about every employee at every branch I've been to. Perhaps stop being a dick as soon as you walk through the doors might help. I don't get how people get so uptight about buying stuff from an establishment. If I no likey, go somewheres else. Canada = free country.

Back on topic............

RIP, Ed Coates. Condolences to the family, too. And, the many friends and business partners he had.

Rich Sandor 02-18-2014 07:34 PM

RIP Mr Coates. Props for all the community sponsorship they have done over the years.

Zedbra 02-18-2014 07:56 PM

65 is too young - RIP Mr. Coates. For all those saying it's too hard to get ahead these days, it is good to have a BC example of hard work pays off to look up to in local business.

7seven 02-18-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Personally not a fan of Lordco shops, however, who cares if they in your opinion overcharge, there seems to be a willing market who are willing to pay those prices, perhaps for convenience due to there seemly to be stores everywhere, I know I rather pay more myself to save time. What you might find expensive, not affordable or not value for the $ might not be to someone else.

He's clearly built a successful business, despite your hatred and my dislike for Lordco, it took a lot of hard work and I respect him for that and being a job creator.

meme405 02-18-2014 08:55 PM

Who cares about how he chose to operate his business, like someone said above you are not FORCED to shop there.

But that is neither here nor there, we are talking about a human being who has passed away, regardless of what you thought about his business model, I think you should show some compassion...

RIP Ed

fliptuner 02-18-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 8419241)
Sorry did someone put a gun to your head and make you shop there?

Probably gets quoted for parts, whips out phone and shows rockauto.com prices and demands pricematch.

racerman88 02-19-2014 11:21 AM

RIP Ed.

white rocket 02-19-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8419589)
Probably gets quoted for parts, whips out phone and shows rockauto.com prices and demands pricematch.

...and is told no then leaves and proceeds to log onto forums and bash the store. stay classy:heckno: