REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Need 4 Speed Movie

all i can say is... REALLY?!! are they serious?!!

its like fast n furious all over again. Plus the guy looks like he's still stuck in the character of jessie in breaking bad.
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Is this the first you are hearing of this? This was announced well over a year ago, the trailer has also been out for a very long time, im pretty sure there's already a thread about it, lol.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Is this the first you are hearing of this? This was announced well over a year ago, the trailer has also been out for a very long time, im pretty sure there's already a thread about it, lol.

yea its the first time i heard about it. I guess im a little late in the news. well regardless, IMO i think its a stupid idea to have this movie done.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #4

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Screening was tonight; was able to snag a pair of tickets but after reading the plot/story summary, was meh/not interested.

Hopefully somebody can post a review/thoughts if they went to the screening.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
I get the hunch this movie is going to be stupid, in-line with a movie like Redline (2007).

There's probably going to be a lot of eye-candy car chasing/racing scenes with exotic cars, but the plot will be so idiotic, it will get tiring fast.

It's sort of the reason why FnF series evolved into an action film with exotic cars, rather than just stick with the same formula over and over again.

This movie is going backwards.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,805 Times in 3,900 Posts
a game movie is destined to flop
but NFS is a big franchise with huge financial backings...so if this live action marketing is an indication of what we'll see in the movie then i think it'll actually be pretty entertaining to watch

also came across this comment on IMDB
Quote:
I got to watch a screening of it on Weds with Aaron Paul and Scott Waugh in attendance and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I expected another Redline and I actually told Scott that's what I expected but it totally blew past my expectations and I thanked him for that. The best part is there is no CGI in this movie, all old school stuntman work. Scott talked about how his dad was a stuntman and his love of cars and old car movies like Bullitt, Vanishing Point etc and he was trying to make an updated version of an old school classic like that which he did.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Went to watch the advance screening of Need for Speed at International Village.

Four out of five stars based on good acting, good car stunts, humorous dialogue, and many great muscle cars and exotics.

The three main actors, including Aaron Paul (Jesse from Breaking Bad) and the director did a live
intro of the movie via satellite from an LA movie theatre.

One lucky girl got an autographed movie poster from Aaron after she found a winning ticket under her theatre seat.
One dude got the same prize in the Cineplex theatre where a buddy and I watched the movie.

Crazy car stunts that would require guts and great driving skill to make this movie.
No CGI needed.
Posted via RS Mobile
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:27 AM   #8
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Watched the movie, was great!

Really enjoyed the movie.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #9
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
wow even the camera cars are cool:

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
Founder, RS Veteran

Thanks to TCB007 I got to see the advance screening on Wednesday at scotia theatre downtown. Saw !sg and some DTP guys there too. It was in 3d. I read the reviews the same day and I was prepared to watch a bad movie. However, I watched it and like the earlier post said, the movie impressed me. I realized I didn't have to pay, but still the movie would be worth the payment IMO ( if u saw it in 3d). Reviews like on rotten tomatoes and 24hours give off a vibe like "don't watch it", but I don't think that was fair. It wasn't terrible. Fast and furious 1 was terrible too then.

Any how here are my reasons why u should give this movie a chance
Semi-spoiler alert.

Spoiler!

Posted via RS Mobile
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Screening was tonight; was able to snag a pair of tickets but after reading the plot/story summary, was meh/not interested.

Hopefully somebody can post a review/thoughts if they went to the screening.
i really dont get comments like this. what were you expecting from a movie thats based off of a video game?? this movie is all about things blowing up and amazing cars being driven the way they should be driven. seems like a winning combo to me.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Watched it yesterday and imo its a 7/10.
The acting, car scenes, and sounds were great. Had me in the beginning already. But the story seemed a little cliche and just hastily put together. Also, surprisingly, they actually crashed the cars in the movie, with no CG. Albeit, they were kit cars

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #13
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Just watched it today, I'd give it a 8/10

IMO its a movie you go watch for the cars, not for the story or little details. There was one part where the race was overall too long though tbh

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:48 PM   #14
I bringith the lowerballerith

watched it today, i'll give it a 8/10

the story is pretty lame. the racing part was pretty good, the crashes were pretty realistic too.
OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #15
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Just watched it today, I'd give it a 8/10

IMO its a movie you go watch for the cars, not for the story or little details. There was one part where the race was overall too long though tbh
true... but at least it is not like a certain other car movie that had scene with a transport plane and the longest runway ever
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 03-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #16
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,805 Times in 3,900 Posts
logged in to thank your vid...wow 458 camera cars!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
Witness protection

you know you are a gearhead when your non-gearhead friends get annoyed whenever you make note that the mustang magically morphs between being an automatic, and then a maunal gearshift in the interior shots...
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #18
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

A bit too many closeups of people's brooding faces and it dragged a little on a pretty straight forward story. Never the less it's still a good movie and the key thing is I think Aaron Paul did a fine job as a lead, which should land him more roles down the road.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #19
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

watched it on Friday, would rate 7/10
- story was not the greatest
- quite a few of nfs details
- engine music
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #20
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

no paul walker. cool toys.. though
tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #21
Witness protection

i'm still trying to find any online footage or talk about the all the replica cars that were built (aaron paul mentioned on youtube that they were $250k per?)...
Old 03-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #22
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
It was watcheable. Had to suspend my disbelief throughout basically every action sequence. Physics doesn't apply in this movie apparently. Dialogue and attempted humour was somewhat painful. Plot holes were plentiful.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #23
Witness protection

despite it's many faults, i still liked it... i give it a 8/10 (but i may be biased )

Old 03-21-2014, 05:53 AM   #24
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
i'm still trying to find any online footage or talk about the all the replica cars that were built (aaron paul mentioned on youtube that they were $250k per?)...

Old 03-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #25
Witness protection