REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Things to do in Vancouver ?

I don't know if a thread like this has been made yet but after living in Vancouver for most of my life I can't think of anything to do with friends anymore. Anyone have a secret get away they'd like to share ? Activities or interesting restaurants would be great! I won't hesitate sharing also when I try new things.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Bored in Vancouver

There's usually some kind of event going on every week...art shows...festivals...random stuff etc
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
vancouver is a boring city.

you make of it what you will, but unless you're rich, it's hard to consistently go out every weekend, that is, unless you like living paycheck to paycheck or have someone funding your living cost (parents).
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

In the summer I go fishing and in the winter I go snowboarding.
Posted via RS Mobile
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post

you make of it what you will, but unless you're rich, it's hard to consistently go out every weekend, that is, unless you like living paycheck to paycheck or have someone funding your living cost (parents).
Different strokes for sure.

Personally my free time is split between hikes, ice/roller hockey leagues, golf, and photography outings. Vancouver offers plenty for my needs. I wouldn't ever think Vancouver is boring considering what's within driving limits.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #6

You and your buddy could always find an RV and cook meth in

this model

Old 02-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Nothing, move somewhere else.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,276 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:

Watching The Price is Right today and there was a contestant playing for a trip to Vancouver. 6 nights @ Pan Pacific.

There were no activities / events as part of this package. Just the hotel stay and flights, possibly limo pickup.

The price of the trip was $6848
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Hahahaha. Sucks to be them!
Old 02-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
I don't get it

join LYFE event and have Musical High Tea with VALENTINA
spades is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #11
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
The price of the trip was $6848
dat tax

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #12
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:

I hear and see this a lot. People always say the city they are from is boring. My question is always "What would you do if you lived in a different city?"

Generally what they mean to say is "I only do a few things and have limited interests and Im bored of doing the same things over and over" Most people who cant find anything to do only go for dinner or boozing and have a small social circle.

Expand your horizons.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #13
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
RS Mini Meets, LOL.

Seriously, there are tonnes of things to do. So many clubs (sports, crafts, etc.) Multicultural events. Volunteer work. Vancouver area is a nature lover's paradise. Wildlife here is pretty darn good. Hiking, cycling, sailing, skiing, canoeing, hunting, etc. Stroll through the many neighbourhoods of the city. Yaletown, Gastown, Little Italy, Kerrisdale, Londsdale Quay, Sapperton, New West, Chinatown, etc. I would never get bored. It takes money and lots of time off (If only I didn't have to work to pay off the mortgage). On top of this, we are surrounded by many smaller communities that have a lot to offer.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #14
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
smoke weed.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

OP probably feels like there's not much to do because of the weather as well. I've been sitting in my computer for about 3 hours trying to come up with things to do or places to go and i honestly came up with none (at least without spending money) but it was only because of weather permitting. Im sure come summer time you'll have a different perspective as there are more things to do, more places to go, and lots of events happening.

Mind you, i felt like this back then and this is why i also decided to move to a different country for about a year. but even then i felt bored after a couple of months. so IMO its not so much the location but more of a personal preference.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #16
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Thanks OP for posting such thread.

Copy list when adding please..

Summer:
- english bay
- robson / granville
- UBC / spanish banks
- Seawall - biking/running/e-scooter
- Ice-cream/gelato runs
- Grouse Grind / Deep Cove / Chief
- Horseshoebay (sp?) - boating / picnic
- Bowen Island - picnic
- Dear Lake Park - boating
- Splash Down / Cultus

Anytime
- Watermania / Zone Bowling
- Go Karting
- Q1 / Espot
- Movies

Winter
- Grouse/ Cypress / Seymour - snowboarding / snow showing

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #17
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
Thanks OP for posting such thread.

Copy list when adding please..

Summer:
- english bay (gay)
- robson / granville (gay)
- UBC / spanish banks (dont bring cars, mod cops will get you)
- Seawall - biking/running/e-scooter (GAY)
- Ice-cream/gelato runs (can do that anywhere)
- Grouse Grind / Deep Cove / Chief (gay, chief isnt in the lower mainland)
- Horseshoebay (sp?) - boating / picnic (gay)
- Bowen Island - picnic (gay)
- Dear Lake Park - boating (Deer*, gay)
- Splash Down / Cultus (not lower mainland)

Anytime
- Watermania / Zone Bowling (Revs ftw)
- Go Karting (fun)
- Q1 / Espot (What if you are white?)
- Movies (can do this anywhere)

Winter
- Grouse/ Cypress / Seymour - snowboarding (only awesome thing you posted)/ snow showing (GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #18
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Scout Magazine should keep you busy enough.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #19
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post
OP probably feels like there's not much to do because of the weather as well. I've been sitting in my computer for about 3 hours trying to come up with things to do or places to go and i honestly came up with none (at least without spending money) but it was only because of weather permitting. Im sure come summer time you'll have a different perspective as there are more things to do, more places to go, and lots of events happening.
agreed...i guess it's just a part of living in Canada where your outdoor activities are limited to spring/summer if you dont like being in the rain. Aside from hitting the slopes it does seem limited. I'd love to hear what others are doing this time of the year outdoors. Hopefully nothing that will break the bank like buying a truck and go offroading. Are there decent hunting opportunities in the Valley?

time to move to southern california...but away from the LA smog
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #20
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I wish we had a better music scene.

Young people here only like edm and only big names come through the city for the old timers.
Posted via RS Mobile
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:31 AM   #21
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:

Spent a week in Montreal/Quebec City two different occasions. Went out every night doing different things, same shit as Van

Spent a week in Scottsdale twice, better night life scene, less to do during the day -1

Spent a week in LA last year, outside of major attractions and spending enough $$$ to get anywhere do anything, less accessible than Van

So where is more interesting? Vegas? Europe?

Same shit everywhere people just tend to have shittier attitudes here and clubbing fuckin blows anyways

Beer/food scene is pretty good in Van and there's enough joints where clowns/idiots don't go to have fun and variation every weekend.
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #22

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Spent a week in Montreal/Quebec City two different occasions. Went out every night doing different things, same shit as Van

Spent a week in Scottsdale twice, better night life scene, less to do during the day -1

Spent a week in LA last year, outside of major attractions and spending enough $$$ to get anywhere do anything, less accessible than Van

So where is more interesting? Vegas? Europe?

Same shit everywhere people just tend to have shittier attitudes here and clubbing fuckin blows anyways

Beer/food scene is pretty good in Van and there's enough joints where clowns/idiots don't go to have fun and variation every weekend.
Posted via RS Mobile
ironic that you say this, as I've spent time in scottsdale, had great times (though the dessert is a boring place...)

LA, so much more to do, so much more nightlife, amazing restuarants, places to drink, the fact that you can go out in shorts/tshirt or jeans/tshirt makes a lot of things much more easily done

Europe - that's the one (and asia) - much cheaper to go out and drink, much better social scene to meet people, not trying to pick up anyone (i'm happily with someone, couldn't be happier), arts, culture.

i live 100m from some of the most amazing art and culture in the world, every night i can go out to meet up with people, go to museums, concerts, etc.

i'll give it to you, if you like hiking, vancouver is great... i'm just not into hiking, same story with anything on snow, would rather be warm, preferably at hte beach.

vancouver has hte name 'no-fun-couver' for a reason
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #23
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
ironic that you say this, as I've spent time in scottsdale, had great times (though the dessert is a boring place...)

LA, so much more to do, so much more nightlife, amazing restuarants, places to drink, the fact that you can go out in shorts/tshirt or jeans/tshirt makes a lot of things much more easily done

Europe - that's the one (and asia) - much cheaper to go out and drink, much better social scene to meet people, not trying to pick up anyone (i'm happily with someone, couldn't be happier), arts, culture.

i live 100m from some of the most amazing art and culture in the world, every night i can go out to meet up with people, go to museums, concerts, etc.

i'll give it to you, if you like hiking, vancouver is great... i'm just not into hiking, same story with anything on snow, would rather be warm, preferably at hte beach.

vancouver has hte name 'no-fun-couver' for a reason
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #24
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Most people who cant find anything to do only go for dinner or boozing and have a small social circle.

Expand your horizons.
Quote:

Do I win?

You say Vancouver is too cold and you can't go outside in shorts and a Tshirt and you'd rather be at the beach. Pretty sure most of North America and Europe get substantially harder and longer winters than Vancouver.

Go get some fresh air
Old 02-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #25
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Vancouver is the same as anywhere else.

I agree with RRxtar people just get lulled into this going out for dinner/bar/club/drinking all the time and thats all they do. If these are the only activities you do, of course you are going to get bored. Besides a change in environment there is really nothing any other city offers that Vancouver does not have.

On top of that there is plenty that we do have that they do NOT. As cliche as it is good luck hitting the slopes and the beach anywhere in NA on the same day, like you can so regularly in Van.

Take up mountain biking or trail riding, go play some soccer or football with some buddies. Fucking shit just go throw a frisby for god sakes.

On any given day I can think of a 1000 things I want to do, unfortunately with work and other engagements I rarely have enough time.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: