REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   WTB: Naked bike! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693094-wtb-naked-bike.html)

BigBadWhitey 02-25-2014 04:18 PM

WTB: Naked bike!

Hey guys, haven't been riding in a while and looking to pick myself up a bike, and wonder if anyone knows of any naked bikes out there I may have missed by looking on CL and the like.
Im looking for the following bikes (or something similar in styling!)

Ktm Duke 690 or 990
2007-2009ish z1000
Ducati 696 or 796
CB1000RA
Aprilia Shiver 750
FZ09
FZ8
Speed triple or Street Triple

Or if you know of anything similar to these, let me know!

Thanks guys

bananana 02-25-2014 05:28 PM

You're missing the Speed Triple on your list!

franko 02-25-2014 05:35 PM

Don't know this person or bike but there's a FZ6 for sale on the forum, looks like its in good shape and comes with bags. $4000-ish would be a decent buy, provided it checks out

http://www.revscene.net/forums/68578...amaha-fz6.html

Gwilo 02-26-2014 11:22 AM

Add the FZ-8 to your list.

They are hard to find used (good sign) but there are a few new ones in the shops at good prices

Also what performance level and price range.

You can also look at the B King's or Duc Street Fighter or kaw Er6N

Posted via RS Mobile

BigBadWhitey 02-26-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwilo (Post 8424429)
Add the FZ-8 to your list.

They are hard to find used (good sign) but there are a few new ones in the shops at good prices

Also what performance level and price range.

You can also look at the B King's or Duc Street Fighter or kaw Er6N

Posted via RS Mobile

The fz8 are really nice, I just cant seem to find anything, and for the price of them at dealers I might as well get the fz09 :(

Same sort of deal with the Streetfighter, just out of my price range :( And ther Er6N is a little under powered for the weight, is all. Otherwise I like all the bikes youve suggested!

Hadnt even seen the B-king but that is a sleek looking bike.

Edit: Performance level, I dont know im sort of open here. Its got to be something I can ride downtown streets on and not be too out of its element (Like an R1 downtown id rather not do?) if that makes sense?
Price range is sort of open depending on the bike. Id like to get something less than 8k.

Gwilo 02-26-2014 08:23 PM

I agree on the ER6N , and the B King is not great in the city.

Holeshote has a 2003 Triumph Street 4 $ 5000 that I have been looking at.

quasi 02-27-2014 09:09 PM

I was in the same boat, was thinking used triple but ended up buying a FZ-09, haven't been able to ride it a ton but it's a fun bike. Lots of torque through the rev range, if I have one thing I don't like is the throttle is either on or it's off at low speeds, it's not a smooth transition however not noticeable at higher speeds.

You won't find a used FZ-09 and new there around $10,300-$11,000 out the door so if you want to spend under $8,000 might be tough.

BigBadWhitey 02-27-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 8425348)
I was in the same boat, was thinking used triple but ended up buying a FZ-09, haven't been able to ride it a ton but it's a fun bike. Lots of torque through the rev range, if I have one thing I don't like is the throttle is either on or it's off at low speeds, it's not a smooth transition however not noticeable at higher speeds.

You won't find a used FZ-09 and new there around $10,300-$11,000 out the door so if you want to spend under $8,000 might be tough.

Yeah thats what ive noticed, was kinda wishful thinking. A couple dealers had them in for 10,800 after taxes and whatnot.

Any chance youre near ubc? Id love to just see the bike kinda out of the dealership at some point.

quasi 02-28-2014 05:05 AM

I'm quite far from there, I live on the Cloverdale/Langley Border. I paid $10,300 delivered to my house but I bought in January when they aren't selling much. Right now is still a good time but as the spring approaches I'd imagine the dealerships will get a little more hard to negotiate with. That said if you wanted to buy one money talks just be prepared to walk away if they don't give you what you want.