REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Hello Revscene && RIP to a good friend of mine. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693151-hello-revscene-rip-good-friend-mine.html)

The7even 02-28-2014 01:38 AM

Hello Revscene && RIP to a good friend of mine.

Hello Revscene..

I met my friend Zhi back in 2004 at an internet cafe in Chicago.
There, with my 3 best friends I used to always go and play. We played Counter strike and then eventually moved on to dota.

It was then that a guy named Zhi asked me to play with him.
After that, the rest was history.
We were incredibly competitive and made each other better players.
Most of the time when we played lan me and him weren't allowed to be on the same team.. we we're too OP together.

From 2004 to 2014 me and Zhi played dota and our love of it brought us closer as friends. I've enjoyed every single minute spent with this guy, he always made me feel good and I admired him as a person.
And I'm not even in his inner circle of friends either.. that's how incredible he was..
Back in 2013, around the month of July in Chicago there was a dota 2 tournament that took place at an internet cafe called Ignite, we were the champions.
Here is our team. Zhi is the guy in the black shirt with the white cap to my right (I'm in the middle) here imgur: the simple image sharer .
And here he is all the way on the right side in a plain black shirt at ignite imgur: the simple image sharer , I didn't attend that tourney with him.

Exactly 6 days ago, I was playing Warframe on steam, I took a short break from dota 2 that day.. and Zhi or ooBarBraLeeoo as was his dota name for the past 10 years, asked "Hey The7even, you wanna lose some games?" I responded "nah, I'm in a different game atm, can't leave, probably tomorrow though". He replied "kk".
Little did I know, those would be my last words that I would ever speak to him..

On February 24th, this humble human being passed away.
I still do not know how or any of the details.. but if this thread get's anywhere, I will update it with all of the details if anyone cares.

It feels so unreal... and I can't stop thinking about him. I will miss the guy always.. and the dota 2 community, probably without knowing it.. has lost a great player.. and I a great friend.

In the past few days, we've collected around $2000.00 for his funeral. One of his best friends set a goal of $10,000.00 and even said that realistically he doesn't expect to reach that goal.. and neither do I really.. but I hope that strangers and fellow dota 2 players and non players alike will come together and help his family out.

The link.. for anyone who would like to donate ($1, $2, or $5 would be enough to help and wouldn't hurt any body's pockets).

Funeral Assistance by Michael Q Vo - GoFundMe

Thank you all for reading and.. well, I'm honestly hoping this gets us at least 50% of what we already have, or more.

I've been here for 10 years now and I haven't really asked much of anyone and while I haven't been as active as I used to be with Revscene lately.. I still consider RS home, I still have it as homepage.

Again, thank you all for reading and if you can help please do(every little bit counts).

sdubfid 02-28-2014 05:53 PM

Do you have to keep him in a freezer until you get enough donations for the funeral?
Posted via RS Mobile

Shugoy 02-28-2014 06:03 PM

Damn, shoulda killed roshan for Aegis..
Posted via RS Mobile

The7even 02-28-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdubfid (Post 8425888)
Do you have to keep him in a freezer until you get enough donations for the funeral?
Posted via RS Mobile

Thank you for asking.
No, it's going to proceed either way. It's just something that I wanted to do to ease the burden on his family... at least financially.

As of this post though, the fund is being closed tomorrow.

I now realize that this thread might seem rather silly..
But I made it out of desperation and with only good intentions in mind.

Tomorrow the fund will close so that's that.

I was at the wake today.
Death is so... surreal.
When I approached him (it was open casket).. all I could do was cry and look at the man I used to know.. I have hate for my self because I wanted to think so many things at that moment or maybe even whisper anything under my breath but all I could do was cry and look at him..

Anyway, thank you for asking and possibly even considering of donating.
Sorry to clog RS with things like this.

rsx 02-28-2014 06:06 PM

sorry to hear about your friend =(

spoon.ek9 02-28-2014 06:17 PM

need necromancer IRL

RIP

Lomac 02-28-2014 11:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend, El. Saw your post on FB earlier and wasn't quite sure what to say. :(

PiuYi 03-01-2014 12:11 AM

RIP sorry for your loss

but i think RS may have been confused as to why there is a fund for his funeral. Does he come from a poor background? Is his family unable to support the funeral? Special circumstances?

instead maybe do something in his memory at the RS Spring Meet (ie. food drive or something DOTA related?)

Ludepower 03-01-2014 12:56 AM

Every little bit helps for a family suffering from a loss.
OP is a long time member and seems genuine in his reply.

The7even 03-01-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shugoy (Post 8425898)
Damn, shoulda killed roshan for Aegis..
Posted via RS Mobile

He would have laughed at that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 (Post 8425911)
need necromancer IRL

RIP

and that haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8426117)
Sorry to hear about your friend, El. Saw your post on FB earlier and wasn't quite sure what to say. :(

Thank you and that's okay my friend, I wouldn't know either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiuYi (Post 8426141)
RIP sorry for your loss

but i think RS may have been confused as to why there is a fund for his funeral. Does he come from a poor background? Is his family unable to support the funeral? Special circumstances?

instead maybe do something in his memory at the RS Spring Meet (ie. food drive or something DOTA related?)

It was set up by one of his closer friends. I can't say I understand why, they seemed rather alright but I will not question it.
I know his dad moved back to China and had to fly over for this. That's as far as my knowledge goes when it comes to his family.

N8 03-01-2014 07:28 AM

Maybe didnt have life insurance? Funerals are expensive... RIP

Verdasco 03-01-2014 01:00 PM

any proof of his death on the paper/article or anything??? Not that I do not believe in you, (okay maybe) but I do not want my money go into something I am unsure of.

orgasm_donor 03-02-2014 08:10 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this. Rest in Peace.

He seemed like a pretty young guy. Was he ill at all? Was there any indication? It is especially shocking if it was just so sudden.

DragonChi 03-02-2014 08:34 AM

RIP to a fellow dota player. :(

4doorVIP 03-02-2014 08:46 AM

RIP man

Jegz 03-02-2014 10:37 AM

RIP to your friend. Woulda shallow graved him if I could.

danned 03-03-2014 05:36 AM

take a rest in the peace, my friend

The7even 03-04-2014 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor (Post 8426760)
I'm sorry to hear about this. Rest in Peace.

He seemed like a pretty young guy. Was he ill at all? Was there any indication? It is especially shocking if it was just so sudden.

Thank you all for the nice comments. It really does ease the pain to get that from you guys.

orgasm_donor asked, I just found out why.

Please keep in mind that this man never smoked weed, never touched any drugs aside from alcohol and only smoked cigarettes..

He took 1 ecstasy pill....
One of his best friends is a club promoter and I guess got his hands on it somehow and this guy decided to just give it a try..

Fuck..

snails 03-04-2014 08:04 AM

He took 1 ecstasy pill....

was it cyanide?

anyways, RIP to your friend, its never easy to deal with it but i hope the family and those close are handling it the best they can