REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
-Insert catchy thread title to amuse the masses here-

At first I thought this should go in "The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread" but then I realised this is too important to be just a post.

I have been doing a lot of self discovery and reflection upon our world. Throughout the many books, blogs and what have you, I've stumbled upon 2 things that will not leave my mind. 1) Is the way we live on this planet and 2) the way we treat each other. So I would like to share a video and a book for you to read and watch. I don't care who you are or what you do, we are all on this planet and need to take better care of it and each other.

The Book : http://bit.ly/HTCTW-free-eBook
The Video :

Another thing I'm extremely intrigued about are earthships.

10 Reasons Why EarthShips Are F!#%ing Awesome | Spirit Science and Metaphysics

I haven't done a huge amount of reading on them and understand that its nothing super new, but it is a good step to creating a world where we don't work to live.

Some of the questions about them that come to mind are. Is this feasible in a rural area? If so what would the implications be? i.e. Resource providing companies having issues with your completely self sufficient housing.

Change is hard but ignoring the problem will only make it harder. I understand that I'm not the master of all things to be, thus why I am creating this thread.
At the end of the day, it's up to you. I'm merely spreading the word.
Advertisement
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote