REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Miscellaneous Goods ONLY

USED Miscellaneous Goods ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used items that don't fit anywhere else...

Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
2013 Jamis Ventura Comp Road Bike $500obo

Looking to sell a great entry level bike which I have ridden on for less than 7 months. I've had it for less than a year and I've since upgraded. It's been a great starter bike for me to get into cycling and I've read many reviews of the Ventura Comp before I bought it and it is very well equipped for the price I paid. Last year I bought this from SportChek for $750 (with receipt in hand and all the documentation that came with the bike).

I just cleaned the drive train today and the rear cassette cogs still shine after a good degreasing and brushing. Chain was cleaned through my Filzer chain cleaner with MEC degreaser and lubed with proper dry lube so no chain squeaks. The bike will come with everything ready to ride except the rear red reflector. I lost it when I took it off to put on a saddle bag. I took off the pedals for easier storage but will come with the stock ones. The Pedals have a bit of rash as I put too much lean into a turn once or twice and scraped the right side. The Frame size of this bike is 51cm which is generally good for anyone 5'7" to 5'11"

Below are some pics I took today:

The bike itself has a few nicks from use but I would say it's about a 9.5/10 shape As you can see, from the pics the frame is still shiny with no wear to the clear coat. The pedals 8/10 and have no squeaks and the bearings are very smooth. Everything was adjusted and tuned and brakes and derailleurs are responsive and tight.

Below are some links of reviews for this bike including the 2012 model since there aren't many differences between the years. Every year Jamis put this bike out it's gotten nothing but praise as an entry level road bike:

Jamis Ventura Comp Road Bike Review | Bicycling Magazine

Jamis Ventura Comp review - BikeRadar

2013 Jamis Ventura Comp & Ventura Comp Femme: The Perfect Recipes | Bicycle Therapy

Jamis Ventura Comp 2013 Road Bike | Evans Cycles

Specifications:

Frame: Kinesis 7005 double-butted main frame sloping radius top tube design, SST tubing diameters, 1 1/8-1.5" tapered head tube, 34.9 seat tube, replaceable derailleur hanger

Fork: Full carbon composite straight blade road fork, tapered steerer with 1.5 crown, forged alloy dropouts

Crank: FSA Vero compact double, 50/34T

Bottom Bracket: FSA sealed cartridge, 68 x 110.5mm

Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora RD 3500

Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora FD 3500

Shifters: Shimano Sora M390 34.9mm dual pull front

Cog Set: SRAM PG-950 9-Speed 11-28T

Rims: Mavic CXP-22 rims with CNC sidewalls

Hubs: Formula alloy hubs with QR

Brakes: Tektro R312 alloy dual pivot calipers

I trust that $500 is a fair price to ask, given that some Ventura Sport road bikes without a carbon fork is still selling for $450 used on craigslist. Let me know if you have questions or want a test ride.
Advertisement
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
You know that feeling when let something go? Yeh, got it right now. Bike is SOLD! Thank you to the buyer! Please close thread

Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by ZN6; 03-09-2014 at 08:04 PM.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote