REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:27 AM   #1351
I subscribe to Revscene

The rubber seals will wear over time on the Atlantis, but by then I hope you would have switched to something else. If price is a concern, the Smok TCT is a good temperature control tank, and is quite cheap on Fasttech.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #1352
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
I guess that's the downfall to all aspire tanks wth the rubber seal?

Been vaping my nautilus mini whole day now and I really don't like the spit back. Any sub ohm tank recommendation that doesn't spit back?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #1353
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Would it be worth it to get different atomizers to use with the Kangertech? I'm looking at getting a tobh atomizer and maybe another one from fasttech. Still need to look into it more though.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #1354
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
no. the subbox if that's what you're referring to isn't a floating pin. using a diff atty with it can press it down to the point where it's useless.

if not subbox disregard
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #1355
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Yea I was thinking about the subbox. I'm guessing I should look into something else if I want to use different atomizers?
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #1356
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
def should of got it off of you lol…. oh well it was so impulsive and i completely got sold by the good customer service.

the aspire atlantis looks good, 40$ cad seems a bit much though. Gonna order online this time so i don't overpay again lol. Does it have any leaking problems? both of my nautlius mini and regular size spit juice in my mouth. does the atlantis does it too/?
This is all just opinion, but I think the sub tank is far superior to the Atlantis. To me, the flavour from the sub tank is much better, and not as muted as the Atlantis. Then again, I had the V1, and not the V2, so maybe the V2 stepped it up a bit?

The sub tank also has an RBA section, so just grab some nickel wire, build a coil, wick it up and play with the temp control on your iStick.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #1357
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
Yea I was thinking about the subbox. I'm guessing I should look into something else if I want to use different atomizers?
look for something with a floating pin, especially if you're planning on using different attys.

the istick and sigelei are two brands that pop into mind that have floating pin designs
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:28 PM   #1358
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
This is all just opinion, but I think the sub tank is far superior to the Atlantis. To me, the flavour from the sub tank is much better, and not as muted as the Atlantis. Then again, I had the V1, and not the V2, so maybe the V2 stepped it up a bit?

The sub tank also has an RBA section, so just grab some nickel wire, build a coil, wick it up and play with the temp control on your iStick.
First hand experience:

I find the less-"mainstream" tanks way better than the Atlantis and Subtanks. I have the Atlantis, Delta 2, Subtank, Herakles, and Arctic subohm tanks (I have a problem, I know), and I find the Herakles and Arctic tanks perform MUCH better. I paid for all of them, so I can give an honest opinion.

I'd place them
1. Herakles/Arctic - zero issues, better flavor, better air flow, couldn't be happier. The Arctic can run up to 100w(!!!). The Herakles has slightly better flavor, but I like the Arctic's airflow controller a lot more.
2. Delta2/Subtank - these are the most popular, and they perform rather well, but I find the coils for both tanks wick a little slow, and every few hits you have to give it some time to absorb more juice, otherwise you get a dry hit or burning taste. They both have an RBA option if you feel like building. The Delta 2 has slightly better flavor, but it's just splitting hairs.
3. Atlantis 2 - it's OK, but for the price, the performance just doesn't stand up to the competition

Personally, I think the Herakles and Arctic are far, far, superior. The only problem is not many places carry them locally, and for the most part, you'll have to get your replacement coils online.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:50 PM   #1359
I subscribe to Revscene

I agree. I am in love with the Smok TCT. It's a lot better than the Atlantis 1 and 2.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #1360
PJ

^Whoa, just checked the Smok TCT out.

Might pick that up when I go through all these coils on my Herakles and Arctic.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 08-12-2015, 11:14 AM   #1361

All great recommendations. Will check out reviews for them. They all seem quite massive though. After getting use to the nautilus mini and how small it feels in my pocket I kind of want something smaller 2-3ml tank would be perfect. Any recommendation for smaller tanks? I know the sub tank comes in a nano version any other non mainstream tanks?
Old 08-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #1362
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Bought the subox in white and got a bunch of free juices from my friend. Going to pick up another one today for my gf so we can both quit smoking LOL. Now just debating if I want to get another white one, or if I should get a black one and give the white one to the gf.

Anyone know if any of the shops locally carry different tips, and how much they are? I was looking online and it comes out to around $8 CAD for some different styled tips rather than just the typical plain ones

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #1363

For tips check out fasttech. I don't remember how much I got mine for but I have the fake 2puffs tips are I got a shit load for less than $10
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #1364
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
subbox black/red is soooo nice lol

and +1 for tips on fasttech
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #1365

Woo thanks for the site I should be able to buy any 501 tip and it should fit, right?

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Old 08-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #1366

^yes and no. Technically they should all fit but as with all China item QC is questionable as in they all varies slightly in diameter and the o ringing they use might not be the same size etc. you will ran across a few in a batch that fits perfectly in your setup and ones that are loose or too big to fit. Solution is to buy lots or change out the o rings yourself on the ones with questionable fitment
Old 08-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #1367
ESKETIT

if it dosent fit, just use some floss string and tie it around the base should help it fit.

if you dont mind waiting either fasttech has the best price on the subbox but shipping could take awhile depending on if its in stock or not.. def worth paying the extra $1-2 for quicker shipping
Old 08-12-2015, 04:09 PM   #1368
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
subbox black/red is soooo nice lol

and +1 for tips on fasttech
i thought that too. ended up getting the white one and i never buy anything in white..

stormtrooper vape ftw.

and damn you limitless, i want free juices too!
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #1369
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Pretty jealous of the white colour. I got a black and red and its been awesome. Learning to wick properly with the provided cotton/coil. Also got some extra prebuilt coils/cotton authentic ones off fasttech too
Old 08-13-2015, 07:05 AM   #1370
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
All great recommendations. Will check out reviews for them. They all seem quite massive though. After getting use to the nautilus mini and how small it feels in my pocket I kind of want something smaller 2-3ml tank would be perfect. Any recommendation for smaller tanks? I know the sub tank comes in a nano version any other non mainstream tanks?
Not many, if any. The reason why they're a bit bigger is because subohms go through juice FAST. With these higher performance tanks, they go through juice almost as fast as dripping an RDA.

If size is a concern, go for the nano.. But you'll be refilling it a lot.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 08-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #1371
ESKETIT

subtank mini FTW .. I got some diff colored O-rings for it if anyone wants some for free. got like 4-5 diff colors I think.

donno if you guys know this but theres a newer coil out for the subtank.. Im not sure which version is for sale on fasttech but if its the newer one then Im totally down to order some from them
Old 08-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #1372
PJ

^Is it the nickel one? if so, those are only for the temp control devices...

Or if it's a kanthal one I hope they changed it in a way that absorbs juice faster.. Maybe that'll give me a reason to wipe the dust off my subtank!

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 08-13-2015, 01:13 PM   #1373

Ended up giving the white one to my gf and got a black one so we don't have 2 of the same ones.. slightly regret it though, white looks very nice and not like the typical dark colored vapes I see out there

Some more free juices haha. If anyone is interested, my friend has a vape shop called Vaporcity over by Kingsway and Fraser. If you buy a vape from him he'll throw in some free juices with the purchase, although I'm not sure if he gives discounts or anything for just juice purchases. If anyone does go to check it out or is in the area, just look for Alex and let him know that Benny sent you

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #1374
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Ended up giving the white one to my gf and got a black one so we don't have 2 of the same ones.. slightly regret it though, white looks very nice and not like the typical dark colored vapes I see out there
I see your white and raise you an orange

Spoiler!

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 08-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #1375
ESKETIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post

Some more free juices haha. If anyone is interested, my friend has a vape shop called Vaporcity over by Kingsway and Fraser. If you buy a vape from him he'll throw in some free juices with the purchase, although I'm not sure if he gives discounts or anything for just juice purchases. If anyone does go to check it out or is in the area, just look for Alex and let him know that Benny sent you
I recognize those juices hahah dat passion fruit juice is bomb! Alex hooks it up!

ebay has some dope skins for the subbox