REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2015, 05:58 AM   #1576
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Mr.JDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,320
Thanked 52 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Order as in your own 180ml bottle or do you want split the juice with me?

Had a few people Pm me regarding the group buy. Got 2"spots left for both milkman and muffin man. $20 each for 30ml.

PM to reserve your spot. IL prob order them online next Friday. Waiting for my velocity RDA to arrive =D
Order my own. Regret not buying them in vegas. They were selling them for $65

Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #1577
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,245
Thanked 1,197 Times in 389 Posts
Just got the evic vtc mini and it's a great little device! Been using it with the Ni coilhead.

Probably going to order a couple of RDAs from fasttech and see how dripping is
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:05 AM   #1578
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,169
Thanked 1,676 Times in 528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.JDM View Post
Order my own. Regret not buying them in vegas. They were selling them for $65
Our exchange rate is so shitty right now that it's probably about the same.

I'll go halfers with someone, or if someone wants just the 30ml, I'll take the rest.
Either way, I'll probably be ordering soon.
30ml isn't enough for me
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #1579
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,169
Thanked 1,676 Times in 528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
Just got the evic vtc mini and it's a great little device! Been using it with the Ni coilhead.

Probably going to order a couple of RDAs from fasttech and see how dripping is
Yaaaaas

It works great with everything. I use it with the stock ego tank on temp mode, with my Arctic tank on wattage mode, and even with rda's. With your builds you'll just have to use a smaller gauge wire obviously and you're golden.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #1580
【=◈‿◈=】60420
 
Vansterdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 22,364
Thanked 8,814 Times in 1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Our exchange rate is so shitty right now that it's probably about the same.

I'll go halfers with someone, or if someone wants just the 30ml, I'll take the rest.
Either way, I'll probably be ordering soon.
30ml isn't enough for me
your talking about the milkman right?

seriously most of the people I talked to that has tried this juice has said that it was bomb.
gotta see what the hype is about.

gonna go with milkman+muffin man then rocketman+myman for my second group split
__________________
do_ob


Last edited by Vansterdam; 10-16-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:59 AM   #1581
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,245
Thanked 1,197 Times in 389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Yaaaaas

It works great with everything. I use it with the stock ego tank on temp mode, with my Arctic tank on wattage mode, and even with rda's. With your builds you'll just have to use a smaller gauge wire obviously and you're golden.
What kind of gauge do you recommend? Something like 26? Is it safe to order those off of fasttech as well?
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #1582
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,169
Thanked 1,676 Times in 528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
your talking about the milkman right?

seriously most of the people I talked to that has tried this juice has said that it was bomb.
gotta see what the hype is about.

gonna go with milkman+muffin man then rocketman+myman for my second group split
The milkman is bomb. I had some of my friend's a few months ago. He finished 1/3 of the bottle in a day

I'm gonna check out Vaporologie today and see what their prices are, or if they even still carry it, and I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
What kind of gauge do you recommend? Something like 26? Is it safe to order those off of fasttech as well?
I use 26, and I tried fasttech's kanthal once and it was garbage. I thought I was doing something wrong with my builds, but I built the exact same coil with my friend's wire, it fired perfectly. I ended up just throwing the rest of the wire out.

Kanthal is cheap anyway. I suggest just getting it from a reputable company/website. The couple extra bucks will save you a lot of time and headache.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #1583
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,026
Thanked 2,517 Times in 892 Posts
vaporology has a shit load of muffin man no milk man

Muffin man > milk man > rocket man (cant taste shit, too light)
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #1584
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,245
Thanked 1,197 Times in 389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
The milkman is bomb. I had some of my friend's a few months ago. He finished 1/3 of the bottle in a day

I'm gonna check out Vaporologie today and see what their prices are, or if they even still carry it, and I'll let you know.



I use 26, and I tried fasttech's kanthal once and it was garbage. I thought I was doing something wrong with my builds, but I built the exact same coil with my friend's wire, it fired perfectly. I ended up just throwing the rest of the wire out.

Kanthal is cheap anyway. I suggest just getting it from a reputable company/website. The couple extra bucks will save you a lot of time and headache.
Makes sense, I'll probably take a look at dashvape and get it from there.

Looking at the velocity style RDAs. Any other recommondations? Getting clones should be fine right? Don't really want to spend a crazy amount for these atomizers lol
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #1585
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,169
Thanked 1,676 Times in 528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
Makes sense, I'll probably take a look at dashvape and get it from there.

Looking at the velocity style RDAs. Any other recommondations? Getting clones should be fine right? Don't really want to spend a crazy amount for these atomizers lol
Clones are fine. Quality control is pretty hit or miss. I've had 2 faulty RDA's sent to me once, so it took almost 2 months for me to actually get a proper working one from Fasttech. Fasttech will replace it free if anything is wrong, but that's just more shipping time you have to wait. I have the troll clone, and I had a doge clone that lasted a damn long time.

I recently started getting authentics because there are new north american sites that sell them pretty cheap.. so again, a few extra bucks just for some peace of mind, better quality control, and faster shipping time. The Velocity on vapenw is only $15
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #1586
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Gucci Mane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SRY
Posts: 2,581
Thanked 2,530 Times in 901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
Just got the evic vtc mini and it's a great little device! Been using it with the Ni coilhead.

Probably going to order a couple of RDAs from fasttech and see how dripping is
i just took a look at it. looks like a cool little mod! damn i kinda feel like getting one now to try out dripping.

there is a couple of drip tips that work with the subbox though so maybe ill take a look at those as well.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #1587
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,245
Thanked 1,197 Times in 389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Clones are fine. Quality control is pretty hit or miss. I've had 2 faulty RDA's sent to me once, so it took almost 2 months for me to actually get a proper working one from Fasttech. Fasttech will replace it free if anything is wrong, but that's just more shipping time you have to wait. I have the troll clone, and I had a doge clone that lasted a damn long time.

I recently started getting authentics because there are new north american sites that sell them pretty cheap.. so again, a few extra bucks just for some peace of mind, better quality control, and faster shipping time. The Velocity on vapenw is only $15
Oh sweet I'll check them out. Most likely will order from them if the difference isn't too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
i just took a look at it. looks like a cool little mod! damn i kinda feel like getting one now to try out dripping.

there is a couple of drip tips that work with the subbox though so maybe ill take a look at those as well.
Yea I'm really liking it so far! I heard not a lot were compatible with the subbox which is why I started looking into something else.

For those that make their own coils, how do you measure how thick the coil is? Is it worth it to get the coilmaster (from fasttech)? Do I just use the screwdriver that comes with the atomizer (looks small enough?) to wrap it?
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #1588
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Work Truck
Posts: 1,684
Thanked 223 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
For those that make their own coils, how do you measure how thick the coil is? Is it worth it to get the coilmaster (from fasttech)? Do I just use the screwdriver that comes with the atomizer (looks small enough?) to wrap it?
I use a mini screwdriver set from the dollar store. Works excellent because you can use them as rods to center your builds as well. Another bonus is that they tighten down the Phillips head screws much better than those small blue ones that the clones come with.

As for coil size, I prefer 2.5mm to 3mm diameters depending on kanthal gauge. The gauge, resistance and wattage all depend on what kind of vape you like. For creamy/custard flavours I like a hot/warm dense vape. For fruit/sweet flavours I prefer a cool/light vape. So wattages would be 60-80w for the former and 20-40w for the latter.

Good luck!
Spaceship_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #1589
Mod.
 
!Nhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: east vanner
Posts: 7,132
Thanked 1,768 Times in 683 Posts
Anyone have the lowpro RDA?
__________________
NiteShadow
flickR
93 Civic Si (RIP)
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #1590
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Mr.JDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,320
Thanked 52 Times in 15 Posts
Anyone know where i can buy subtank nano? Locally or online?


Also anyone have experience buying juice online from the states? Problems with customs?
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #1591
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
hongy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,698
Thanked 608 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.JDM View Post
Anyone know where i can buy subtank nano? Locally or online?


Also anyone have experience buying juice online from the states? Problems with customs?
Subtank Nano by Kangertech - Sub Ohm Tank
__________________
Van Tech Students JOIN!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret1 View Post
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #1592
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,169
Thanked 1,676 Times in 528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
For those that make their own coils, how do you measure how thick the coil is? Is it worth it to get the coilmaster (from fasttech)? Do I just use the screwdriver that comes with the atomizer (looks small enough?) to wrap it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceship_coupe View Post
I use a mini screwdriver set from the dollar store. Works excellent because you can use them as rods to center your builds as well. Another bonus is that they tighten down the Phillips head screws much better than those small blue ones that the clones come with.

As for coil size, I prefer 2.5mm to 3mm diameters depending on kanthal gauge. The gauge, resistance and wattage all depend on what kind of vape you like. For creamy/custard flavours I like a hot/warm dense vape. For fruit/sweet flavours I prefer a cool/light vape. So wattages would be 60-80w for the former and 20-40w for the latter.

Good luck!
What he said. You can get a whole set of mini screwdrivers in different sizes from the dollar store.

To add, it also depends on how much wattage you're pushing too. Nice thing about the evic vtc mini is that it has "bypass mode", which bypasses the whole regulation system and just fires like a single 18650 tube mod (which ranges from 30-70w depending on battery and battery life). At that wattage, I'd probably do 26 gauge with a smaller diameter. 2mm or 2.5mm is a good place to start

edit: reading what I just wrote made me realize how much of a nerd I am
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2015, 03:07 AM   #1593
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
steam engine is a good place to start if you want to wrap some coils.

Evic VTC Mini upgrade is also out.
TheSoundofMucus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #1594
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,245
Thanked 1,197 Times in 389 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll probably just get the set from the dollar store. Ended up ordering from fasttech instead of vapordna, the dogex2 and the velocity for now. Probably going to wait till I'm back down south to order to make use of the free shipping.

Updated to 75w! This little device is pretty awesome. Can't wait to get the RDA's.
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #1595
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,169
Thanked 1,676 Times in 528 Posts
WHAAAAAAT?!

Just updated mine too. Holy shit this is fucking awesome.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:02 PM   #1596
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
jlo mein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: burnaby
Posts: 2,684
Thanked 356 Times in 170 Posts
Is the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini currently the best box mod in this small form factor? Was going to get a iStick 30W but the VTC Mini looks more future proof with firmware updates, higher wattage, TC mode, and replaceable batteries. Currently I only need ~15W in VW mode and don't need anything else.

Just ordered the upgraded iStick Mini 20W. Just like the old Mini 10W, but now has VW mode. Should be good for stealth vaping.

jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #1597
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,169
Thanked 1,676 Times in 528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Is the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini currently the best box mod in this small form factor? Was going to get a iStick 30W but the VTC Mini looks more future proof with firmware updates, higher wattage, TC mode, and replaceable batteries.
Bypass mode as well, which is useful if you're looking to fire RDAs.

I think at the price point and size, the evic vtc is far superior over anything else. My only gripe is that the ego tank it comes with isn't the greatest. But still. The mod itself is worth all the features.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:38 AM   #1598
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
ForbiddenX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YVR/SFO
Posts: 4,245
Thanked 1,197 Times in 389 Posts
I feel like it has everything I would want in a mod for a fairly decent price.
__________________
My Website flickr
Feedback (19-0-0)
STEAM: ForbiddenX
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:57 AM   #1599
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Galactic_Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 925
Thanked 1,063 Times in 279 Posts
Is anyone using the Smok TFV4? There are triple and quad coils that goes up to 140w . Thats nuts
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #1600
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,169
Thanked 1,676 Times in 528 Posts
Mine is coming in today

This thing looks fucking beast LOL
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net