REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:11 PM   #1426
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco Diablo View Post
had no idea there was a vapeconvention here next week https://www.facebook.com/events/1663497503869891/ they sure have not promoted it well Vapecoast
Il be going . only $20

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #1427
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
What is there not to understand? I miss the taste of tobacco and I want to get my hands on a tobacco flavoured juice and instead of bumming around shops looking for one I thought I'd skip the process and ask here....
My friend's shop on Kingsway has a Belmont flavor and Menthol flavored juices. He did mention that the Menthol is similar to ice blasts, but has a sweet almost custard like taste to it. I personally haven't tried it, but if you want to go ahead and try the belly flavor the shop name is Vaporcity on Kingsway, kinda close to Fraser. I know what you mean oddly enough with the smoke smell, makes me kind of want to smoke too but usually when I light one now after vaping so often for a week or two, it tastes kinda weird. Not as satisfying as it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin7352 View Post
yep i had that problem with mine. it was the original subtank mini with only one air slot. i tried everything and it still did that so i had to go buy an atlantis 2. i think it was a couple pages back that id written something about it.
My GF's subox and my friend's subox also have this problem, mine is surprisingly okay fingers crossed

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #1428
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
vape mail is win. got my package from FT finally LOL

the reviews are right, this thing tastes like an rda, more so than my goblin.

97 Civic CX (POS)

Last edited by !Nhan; 08-25-2015 at 05:06 PM.
!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #1429
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
So finally got my sub tank mini. Been using it for the past 3 days.

I really wanted to like sub ohming. I like to blow big clouds and I like the increase heat and vapour.

BUT I'm having a real struggle with the sub tank. I'm on 3mg juice right now. I simply can't sit back at night and have a continuous vaping session. My throat will kill me after a while.
I have high VG juice before anybody ask. The flavour is strong but I feel like it's so over powering that I stop being able to taste it after a while.

I find that it is nice to use outside when I'm out and about.

I just went back to using my nautilus at home. Honestly the little subdue flavour feel better than being overwhelm each and every puff till you get sick. Anybody else feel the same?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #1430
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

new toy, smoktech xcube2, love this thing
Old 08-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #1431
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
I just went back to using my nautilus at home. Honestly the little subdue flavour feel better than being overwhelm each and every puff till you get sick. Anybody else feel the same?
Nothing wrong with switching back and forth between tanks. I do it all the time.

But to answer your question -- not really. If I really feel like something light, I'll switch to a lighter juice and/or turn down my wattage. But usually I like everything full power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobbersaurus View Post

new toy, smoktech xcube2, love this thing
I was JUST looking at this online today and am thinking of picking it up. The whole iphone app thing kinda made me laugh, but it'd probably be kinda fun to play with. Where did you pick it up from?

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #1432
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

i just the subox mini kit and my tank always gurgles id have to inhale it all out with a piece of cloth over the mouthpiece to avoid the juice -_- pretty annoying. its okay after that but i always have to do this every time i change juices
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #1433

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
I was JUST looking at this online today and am thinking of picking it up. The whole iphone app thing kinda made me laugh, but it'd probably be kinda fun to play with. Where did you pick it up from?
picked it up from vapenw, they have a code for $10 off but wont ship to an address that wont match your credit card so i had to pay $10 for shipping, they were they only place i found that had it in stock
Old 08-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #1434
ESKETIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
i just the subox mini kit and my tank always gurgles id have to inhale it all out with a piece of cloth over the mouthpiece to avoid the juice -_- pretty annoying. its okay after that but i always have to do this every time i change juices
when ur change the juices, do you do a few dry hits before you hit the button? that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
So finally got my sub tank mini. Been using it for the past 3 days.

I really wanted to like sub ohming. I like to blow big clouds and I like the increase heat and vapour.

BUT I'm having a real struggle with the sub tank. I'm on 3mg juice right now. I simply can't sit back at night and have a continuous vaping session. My throat will kill me after a while.
I have high VG juice before anybody ask. The flavour is strong but I feel like it's so over powering that I stop being able to taste it after a while.

I find that it is nice to use outside when I'm out and about.

try turning down the wattage
Old 08-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #1435
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quick question for folks who travel with their ecig. I'm heading to NY through American Airline from YVR -> Toronto -> NYC. I read you can carry an ecig in your carry on bag, but is the e-liquid containing nicotine allowed? Don't want to go through the hassle and risk losing juice/device. Only going to bring a 10mL bottle. Most likely going to stuff it with my other liquids
Old 08-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #1436
I don't get it

Put the juice into the clear plastic bag with your other amenities
Old 08-25-2015, 06:43 PM   #1437
Mod.

i would wrap the juice in saran wrap first. everytime i've flown with juices in just a plastic bag, it always leaks, regardless of what type of cap the bottles have.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 08-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #1438
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Anybody having international tracking not working on canada post? Cant track a $30($40cad) mod from FT anymore. Been a month and no tracking on it pisses me off.
flipkronikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:17 PM   #1439
Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipkronikz View Post
Anybody having international tracking not working on canada post? Cant track a $30($40cad) mod from FT anymore. Been a month and no tracking on it pisses me off.
if you don't use epost you don't get tracking IIRC
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 08-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #1440
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I could always track even though i didnt pay the 2.50 at checkout. Hmm. I guess next purchase will have another 2.50usd tacked if i want tracking then.
flipkronikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #1441
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3klipze View Post
Quick question for folks who travel with their ecig. I'm heading to NY through American Airline from YVR -> Toronto -> NYC. I read you can carry an ecig in your carry on bag, but is the e-liquid containing nicotine allowed? Don't want to go through the hassle and risk losing juice/device. Only going to bring a 10mL bottle. Most likely going to stuff it with my other liquids
The juice is fine, but what unit do you have?

Once when I brought my box + batteries with my carry on, they took away my batteries because apparently you can't bring loose lithium battery cells. It's odd because I've gotten through a couple times with it, but that one time they took away my 4 batteries.

So now when I travel I just bring a solid state battery (istick, evic, etc) and I haven't gotten any hassle so far.

I do suggest you empty your tank and put your juices in a separate bag, because they usually leak with the pressure changes and stuff. I brought like 10 bottles of 30ml juices and have never gotten any flack for it, so I'd say juices aren't really a concern.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 AM   #1442
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Guess I wont bring my subox then.

So you can technically fly juice in from/to the state but not by crossing the border in a vehicle? That's a bit odd.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #1443
PJ

It seems like it's still a grey area.

Like the batteries, I've gotten through a few times fine, but that one time they took them away.

Never had an issue with juice, but maybe it was because I didn't point them out or anything. I just left them in my bag and they never asked. I was just on a flight a few days ago, and I literally brought 10 bottles of 30ml juices with me and they didn't say a word.

Not sure what the technicalities are, but maybe because when you're crossing in a vehicle, you need to actually answer when they ask, as opposed to when you're going through airport security, you can just keep your mouth shut while they scan your bag...? Just a guess.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 08-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #1444

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
For personal use is ok but bringing back nicotine product from united states to canada will need explanation. 50/50 chance u can bring it back cause cbsa said no nicotine allow unless person use
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #1445

I just came back from the states and i stashed all my juices in my carry on. Security didn't question me at all, but mind you i only had 4 bottles of juice with me.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 PM   #1446
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
mine always does this as well and its driving me nuts. also, my tank keeps leaking lately. it doesn't seem to seal properly and i cant get good hits off of it cause it keeps gurgling.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #1447
ESKETIT

whos all going to VAPECOAST this weekend?
Old 08-29-2015, 03:28 PM   #1448

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
^ Will Blakevapes be there all day today?

Planning to go at 7 even though the convention ends at 8 but he's fucking hilarious lol

On a side note...pros and cons between the Herakles and Arctic (for those who have used them)?

Still having a hard time deciding between the two.
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #1449

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Just heads up for everyone planning to still go today.

Came back from the convention. THERE IS NO POWER and who knows when the power will come back. Cash only at most of the booth but again there is no power so the atm is not working.

Samples at the door are mainly vanilla base flavour. Most booth let you try there juice but some need you to have your own dripper.

Pickup some juice for myself and try out some unknown brands. Overall not worth the 20$ they insist on still charging at the door even though it's pitch dark inside.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:51 PM   #1450

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
There were like 3 openings from the back I literally just walked in... no security as well (from what I can see).

Bunch of free juices that were being given out like candy. Got a bunch of free VanGo juices and other misc brands.

The EZ Vape and VanGo stands were selling 30mL bottles for $5-$10. Also picked up the Herakles tank for $35 flat (no tax).

IMO worth going even if I didn't sneak in... also met Blake Vapes, fucking awesome guy LOL
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote