REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:50 PM   #1601
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
How many mods do you have man? Let's see the collection

ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #1602
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3024/10017484/3576500

For anyone looking to get into vaping, this looks like a pretty good alternative to the Subox. I'd rather get this just because it's 60w and also because it's a spring loaded connector.

97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #1603
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenX View Post
How many mods do you have man? Let's see the collection
I don't have that many mods, I usually sell off the ones that have been sitting around for a while. I recently sold my Sigelei and the non-mini Evic VT before I picked up my Smok. Right now I have a Fairy tube mod that doesn't get much use anymore, the evic Mini, and the Smok X Cube 2.

I do, however... have way too many tanks and RDA's. I think I have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
For anyone looking to get into vaping, this looks like a pretty good alternative to the Subox. I'd rather get this just because it's 60w and also because it's a spring loaded connector.
The evic mini is around that price and has 75w now I just wish it had a better stock tank The eleaf and kanger tanks are far better imo.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #1604
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
@PJ. Review please
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #1605
PJ

Review on what?

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 10-19-2015, 11:24 PM   #1606

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Mine is coming in today

This thing looks fucking beast LOL
Ooops, I thought u were replying to me when I asked about the tfv4
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 12:24 AM   #1607
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
The evic mini is around that price and has 75w now I just wish it had a better stock tank The eleaf and kanger tanks are far better imo.
Would you pickup the Evic Mini with stock tank for $51 or just the mod without tank for $39? (For someone who has no tanks). Not looking for any "clouds", in fact I'm looking for as few clouds as possible and just want the taste.

Went with Vansterdam's recommendation of Optimus Prime juice from East side Vapes. The cream flavor is weird and leaves a waxy feel in my mouth, but the fruit hints are nice. Using it in a Kangertech T3D.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:51 AM   #1608
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Would you pickup the Evic Mini with stock tank for $51 or just the mod without tank for $39? (For someone who has no tanks). Not looking for any "clouds", in fact I'm looking for as few clouds as possible and just want the taste.

Went with Vansterdam's recommendation of Optimus Prime juice from East side Vapes. The cream flavor is weird and leaves a waxy feel in my mouth, but the fruit hints are nice. Using it in a Kangertech T3D.
leave the stock tank and go for something like the subtank nano or mini nothing beats a RDA when it comes to taste though. those tanks are just for portability and convienence.

Nhan, dunno if I would buy another Istick device though. thing crapped out on me 2 weeks after I custom wrapped it. prob owned it for 4-5months before it died

PJ i see you got that wotofo cube Im grabbing the atty3 and velocity next... where did you get that stand for all your tanks and rdas? i could def use one of those

Last edited by Vansterdam; 10-20-2015 at 05:56 AM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 07:48 AM   #1609
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Ooops, I thought u were replying to me when I asked about the tfv4
lol my bad, I probably got the posts mixed up or something.

Anyways, the tfv4 is simply out of control and almost too much. It's definitely not for everyone. For me, I need to run it around 100w(!!!) to get it at an enjoyable temperature. Anything lower isn't quite warm enough. I can fog up my bedroom in just a few hits

Drinks a lot of juice, drains a lot of battery, but still. I love it. It's like a wild animal. The flavor and vapor is like nothing else on the market. The top fill is really nice and makes filling way easier. But because of the high juice and battery consumption, this definitely isn't a tank you want to carry around all day.

I don't have any temp control coils for it yet, but I have a feeling you'll be able to get a better handle on this bad boy with temp control. With kanthal it's just like GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO AHHHHH GOGOGOGO FULL POWER ALL DAY GOGOGOOGOGOGOGOO LEEROYYYYYY AGHHHHHHHH!!!!

The tfv4 is in a league of it's own right now, and it probably outperforms most my (regulated) RDA builds. But it's like comparing a rocketship to cars. This thing is ridiculous. Easily the best flavor and vapor I've gotten from a tank.

If you want an everyday tank that's a stronger than the Subtank and Ego tanks, but tamer than the tfv4, I suggest you stick with the Smok TCT, Arctic, or Herakles. I don't think my tfv4 will ever leave the house, due to it's size and juice/battery inefficiency, but regardless, it's fun as hell and brings a smile to my face everytime I hit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
The evic mini is the best mod in it's "class", imo. But it has a bunch of functions that might be irrelevant to you. So if you're looking for something simple, for the price you'd be paying for an evic mini+different tank, you might as well get a kanger kit (online for ~$50usd), or an eleaf ijust2 kit (online for ~$25usd). Generally speaking, you can't get more taste without more clouds, unless you're getting into building your own coils and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
PJ i see you got that wotofo cube Im grabbing the atty3 and velocity next... where did you get that stand for all your tanks and rdas? i could def use one of those
Haha the cube is a lot of fun. The only thing it's missing is a air flow controller, but this thing seems to be a full on cloud chasing rda.

And for my stand, I literally just drilled holes into a random piece of wood I found in my garage and spray painted it black

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 10-20-2015 at 07:53 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #1610
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I bought some liquid from premium labs and I don't seem to be getting much vapour, has anyone else noticed this? I'm using it on a subox mini at 25w, .5ohm coils.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #1611
Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
I bought some liquid from premium labs and I don't seem to be getting much vapour, has anyone else noticed this? I'm using it on a subox mini at 25w, .5ohm coils.
which line of juices?
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 10-20-2015, 10:42 PM   #1612

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Hit up Eastside Vapes and grabbed a Subox Mini kit, as it was recommended by my buddy as well as the associate I was dealing with there (as well as some RSers). So far it's been pretty awesome, but I will probably start buying non-nic e-juices as I find I vape more because it tastes great rather than to get nicotine. Great for studying, haven't opened a bag of candy/chips since I got this as the "vape flavor" is more than enough. Who knows, maybe I'll lose weight lol.

The kit came with an RBA that I tried wicking myself, followed one of the many DIY vids on YouTube.... only problem is that I get a STRONG "burnt" taste that is also kinda warm. Went back to OCC for now...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:53 AM   #1613
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
The kit came with an RBA that I tried wicking myself, followed one of the many DIY vids on YouTube.... only problem is that I get a STRONG "burnt" taste that is also kinda warm. Went back to OCC for now...
Check your cotton. usually it's because you have too much/too little in your coil

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 10-21-2015, 08:06 AM   #1614

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
No issues here using the same setup and juice. Are you using the dr.fog line of juices?

Quote:
Check your cotton. usually it's because you have too much/too little in your coil
Agreed. It took me a while before I was able to get my rba to the point where I wasn't getting a burnt taste anymore. Also sometimes it doesn't feed correctly from the juice holes if you've got the cotton stuffed in there too tight.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #1615

Quote:
which line of juices?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
No issues here using the same setup and juice. Are you using the dr.fog line of juices?
Bought Dr fog dragon tears, cola gummies, root beer float, and milk & honey. The milk and honey I was able to get good amounts of vapour after I take 2-3 hits but for the dragon tears I was never able to get more vapour out of it.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
Old 10-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #1616
Mod.

I'm going to say that it's because you're vaping at only 25 watts. Dr Fogs is probably the most dense line of juices I've ever used. It's too bad that you're on a subox, because I'd recommend vaping at 60w minimum for these juices. brings out the flavor and vapor.

I just tried 25w on my Herakles at .6 and it feels like nothing. Try cranking up the wattages.

You can thank me later.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 10-22-2015, 12:35 AM   #1617

Quote:
Bought Dr fog dragon tears, cola gummies, root beer float, and milk & honey. The milk and honey I was able to get good amounts of vapour after I take 2-3 hits but for the dragon tears I was never able to get more vapour out of it.
Quote:
I'm going to say that it's because you're vaping at only 25 watts. Dr Fogs is probably the most dense line of juices I've ever used. It's too bad that you're on a subox, because I'd recommend vaping at 60w minimum for these juices. brings out the flavor and vapor.

I just tried 25w on my Herakles at .6 and it feels like nothing. Try cranking up the wattages.

You can thank me later.
i've used my subox at 26watts for quite some time and i always get decent vapor. hongy is your airflow all the way open?
Old 10-22-2015, 06:15 AM   #1618
ESKETIT

yea i never really go past 30W with my subbox+subtank

cant wait to get a unregulated box

btw how is dragons tears? was gonna grab it. As for root beer float I was eyeing that new Madchild juice line which has rootbeer milkshake
Old 10-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #1619

Quote:

btw how is dragons tears? was gonna grab it. As for root beer float I was eyeing that new Madchild juice line which has rootbeer milkshake
Dragon tears isnt as good. It's got that cream candy taste to it which is fine if you're into it but I regret buying it. Dragon tang is good. Im all bout that grape soda and rootbeer float life right now. So damn good!
Old 10-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #1620
Mod.

Quote:
i've used my subox at 26watts for quite some time and i always get decent vapor. hongy is your airflow all the way open?
Interesting. I've used my friends subox at 30w and it felt so weak. Maybe I'm just too used to vaping at 60-75w to the point where anything below it just isn't good anymore.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 10-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #1621

Quote:
This only happens with the Dragon tears now everything else seems fine, but yeah I tried it with fresh batteries, fresh coil, airflow open all the way and nothing. Lol not sure what is wrong with it.

Quote:

You can thank me later.
From what I have read/heard it doesn't seem like a good idea to go past 30W on the subox and with the way I vape I think sub 30W is good for me. Basically I vape the same way I used to smoke so some days I go through one battery and 2 tanks.

Quote:
yea i never really go past 30W with my subbox+subtank

cant wait to get a unregulated box

I don't recommend the dragon tears, I couldn't taste much dragon fruit or berries...just a really strong sweet taste.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #1622
ESKETIT

dr fog pineapple express + groovy guava is good!
Old 10-22-2015, 10:49 PM   #1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Hit up Eastside Vapes and grabbed a Subox Mini kit, as it was recommended by my buddy as well as the associate I was dealing with there (as well as some RSers). So far it's been pretty awesome, but I will probably start buying non-nic e-juices as I find I vape more because it tastes great rather than to get nicotine. Great for studying, haven't opened a bag of candy/chips since I got this as the "vape flavor" is more than enough. Who knows, maybe I'll lose weight lol.
i've never thought about doing this before. you know it could work, just vape and chug water to keep your stomach full. im going to give it a shot tomorrow lol
Old 10-22-2015, 10:56 PM   #1624
PJ

Quote:

From what I have read/heard it doesn't seem like a good idea to go past 30W on the subox and with the way I vape I think sub 30W is good for me.
Yeah, when I use my subox I keep it around 27.5 ish. The new vertical coils they say the 0.5ohm ones can go up to 60w, but I found that everytime I went past 30, it started to burn.

Quote:
I don't recommend the dragon tears, I couldn't taste much dragon fruit or berries...just a really strong sweet taste.
The shops always say that dragon tears is really good, but like you said, all I taste is creamy sugar.

Quote:
dr fog pineapple express + groovy guava is good!
Their groovy guava is one of my all time favourites !

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 10-23-2015, 05:59 AM   #1625
ESKETIT

Quote:
Yeah, when I use my subox I keep it around 27.5 ish. The new vertical coils they say the 0.5ohm ones can go up to 60w, but I found that everytime I went past 30, it started to burn.

The shops always say that dragon tears is really good, but like you said, all I taste is creamy sugar.

Their groovy guava is one of my all time favourites !
I swear with the new vertical coils I couldent even go past 20-25 without it burning. went through 3 coils because of this