REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #76
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Pedro Morales is the the only true number 10 we've had since the start of the MLS era. Davide Chiumiento was decent, but would fade away for stretches. Morales has a better touch and has better passing accuracy.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #77
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Striker Kenny Miller moves on (updated with audio) | Vancouver Whitecaps FC

So are we going to be looking for another DP?
What are you thoughts?
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #78

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
I am very sad to hear about Kenny Miller. He was my favorite player on the team
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #79
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

About time they got rid of him. He wasn't worth the money we were paying him. Injured a lot and just herky jerky in his movement. When you a pay striker his kind of money you want a clinical finisher. People say he has great work rate, but we pay strikers to score goals, not run around... we already have people like Mattocks and Hurtado to do that. They should have gotten rid of him last season and made Camillo a DP.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #80
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
About time they got rid of him. He wasn't worth the money we were paying him. Injured a lot and just herky jerky in his movement. When you a pay striker his kind of money you want a clinical finisher. People say he has great work rate, but we pay strikers to score goals, not run around... we already have people like Mattocks and Hurtado to do that. They should have gotten rid of him last season and made Camillo a DP.
The gap between production and salary was widening by the minute, so I'm glad he's done. That being said, when he had the service he *was* a clinical finisher, his goal in the season opener is evidence of that. Another thing is that they were playing him behind the strikers, he was withdrawn. He's not exactly going to score from a position like that, but one of his greatest strengths was the ability to still get the ball to someone despite being marked by two or three people. Hurtado hardly scores, hell he's lucky if he gets the shot on target...The guy has zero finish. Pace? Sure. Even Mattocks right now is more of a play maker, he has more assists than goals.

As for paying Camilo DP money...One good season doesn't earn you DP status. He already got a raise that season. Not only that, but it took Wondolowski three seasons of scoring consistently before San Jose of all teams made him a DP. I'm glad that turncoat jerk is getting no money at all thanks to his Mexican club going bankrupt. Karma is a beautiful thing.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #81

Thread bump.

It's still early in the season, but things are slowly coming together. Robbo seems to be showing lots of a faith in the younger players and they seem to be responding, at least when it comes to generating chances. Morales was a great addition, but I think the best acquisition in the off-season was Matias Laba. The guy runs all over the pitch and he knows how to tackle. A huge upgrade over Jun Marques Davidson in the holding midfield role. Considering that Gilberto has done nothing for TFC, TFC fans must be crying to have Matias back. Koffie seems to have woken up too and IMHO, he is best suited to be in the middle of the pitch instead of out wide.

There's been some chat about Nigel Reo-C being transferred after the Sounders game. I liked Reo-C. last year, but he came to camp in bad shape and there seems to be no room left for him. Squad rotation is always good, but Laba and Koffie look to be the duo going forward (combined salary of 550Kish) and Tiebert could always play there in a pinch.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #82

Thread bump.

The second leg of the TFC game was unfortunate, but the team was able to move on and had a great first half or so last night against Seattle. Aside from the horrible call on Jay, the team played well enough to win. Some more observations:

- Hurtado is like a different player this year - his touch seems to have improved and he no longer tries to barrel his way through defenders.
- Koffie had his best game of the year, and possibly as a player in MLS. He has all the tools to be a great box-to-box player, but he needs to be more consistent.
- Morales is great when he is on, but he struggles against physical teams, like Seattle.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #83

Thread bump.

Well, the Whitecaps are in a bit of a slump. 1 win since the World Cup break is not going to cut it if they want to make the playoffs.

The team clearly needs a striker that can finish. Morales, Koffie, and Laba are a solid midfield group, but the goal scoring seems to have dried up. On the other hand, it's clear our depth at centre back is being tested too. Leveron should anchor the back line for years to come, but Mitchell can't seem to get over his brain cramps. The transfer window is open for another couple weeks. What does management do?
Old 07-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #84
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

With DeMerit off the books it open up cap space. But we need the striker first as much as Mitchell had a stinker today. There are rumours that Roque Santa Cruz is looking at an MLS club (read, Whitecaps) but then again transfer rumours will always change day to day.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #85

Thread bump before possibly the biggest game for the Whitecaps in the MLS era.

I thought after the team shit the bed twice against Portland that the team was done for the season. However, with the exception of the stinker last night in San Jose, the Whitecaps have been playing well enough to have control of their own destiny. We don't know where the goals are going to come from game-to-game, but the midfield and backline look solid. Ousted has settled into the MLS nicely too and despite not being a great shot-stopper, he commands the box well and his distribution is excellent. Waston has been a helluva pick up and could be the type of CB that could play for the team for 5 years. If the team makes the playoffs and perhaps squeaks out a result in the play-in game, I would consider it a successful season considering all the shit that went on in the off-season.

Anyone else looking forward to watching next week's season finale?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #86

Bump.

Playoffs (or play-in). Who steps up? I think it'll be Pedro with a PK and Ousted will get another clean sheet.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #87
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Bump.

Playoffs (or play-in). Who steps up? I think it'll be Pedro with a PK and Ousted will get another clean sheet.
I'm expecting another Waston header to be the deciding factor. If not him, the Mattocks finally learns to stop being a little shit when he doesn't get the ball and comes back to help keep the attack going.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #88
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
first time watching MLS game live the other day.... my god these players are horrid compared to europe football. so many simple mistakes, they play with ZERO urgency to win. Weak strikers . Zero individual talent.

Do not think i can watch MLS the same way after watching barcelona and real madrid

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #89
My homepage has been set to RS

Are you actually comparing the Whitecaps to Barcelona?

MLS is fun and entertaining to watch for what it is. The highest tier of soccer in North America. I love watching EPL and Champions League, but I also love to watch the Whitecaps, understanding that it is a lower level of play. I don't expect Tiebert to be pulling off moves like Ozil...
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Are you actually comparing the Whitecaps to Barcelona?

MLS is fun and entertaining to watch for what it is. The highest tier of soccer in North America. I love watching EPL and Champions League, but I also love to watch the Whitecaps, understanding that it is a lower level of play. I don't expect Tiebert to be pulling off moves like Ozil...
Yeah, MLS is probably equivalent to the English Championship or perhaps the Scottish Premier League, but it is getting better. The game has nowhere else to grow, but in North America. It will get better, particularly with a club like NYCFC.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #91

History will be made tonight. Come on boys!!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #92
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Yikes, 1-0 Dallas!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #93
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
bad defence play..

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #94

BOOYAH
Old 10-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #95
Throw yo paws in da air!

yes!

1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
Old 10-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #96
Throw yo paws in da air!

RIP

1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
Old 10-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #97

Jesus fucking christ

I swear refs hates any team with the name vancouver on it
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #98
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
That fucking sucked.
Fucking commentator was annoying as Fuck tooo...ref was spot on blah blah...shut the Fuck up you cocksucker
It was questionable at best.
Shitty fucking way to end the season. Good effort though...need a legit strker next year.

Ohwell we never get a break from any refs.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #99
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
that call was pretty bullshit

thats football for you. hahaha

I was hoping for a scrap at the end of the game too

putting MLS on the map, albeit a shitty way
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:00 AM   #100
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
i still see it as such a shit call. game was destined for extra time.

the dallas - caps rivalry looks like it'll be something to look forward to next year.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote