REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2013/2014 Whitecaps & MLS Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693352-official-2013-2014-whitecaps-mls-thread.html)

bballguy 03-06-2014 11:01 PM

The Official 2014 Whitecaps & MLS Thread

Seems like we got a decent number of people that follow the Whitecaps/MLS so thought I'd give this a shot....

Season right around the corner, anyone going to the game?

Any word on whether Henry is gonna play? He's my favourite player of all time - would be nice to see him Live for once...

Predictions for this season? I think we'll be alright, despite the loss of Camilo....I think Manneh and Teibert should be ready to step up big time.

Anyway, go Caps!

Mike Oxbig 03-06-2014 11:23 PM

EmperorIS 03-07-2014 08:04 AM

Well, this one got the word "Official" in the title. Seems legit.

mos_skeeto 03-07-2014 08:56 AM

I like how the team that got Camilo is going to be banned from competition and there's a good chance he won't get any of his money. Hahaha.

radioman 03-07-2014 09:00 AM

Fuck that guy.
Such a disrespectful thing to do.

Here's hoping Morales makes this team better because we've been missing a midfielder for a few years now.

punkwax 03-07-2014 10:22 AM

Inb4 this thread gets moved to Sports forum because not enough people care about soccer.

Mr.HappySilp 03-07-2014 10:50 AM

Going to watch the whitecaps on March 29 =D

winson604 03-07-2014 11:14 AM

Watched my first Whitecaps game last year vs Seattle. First and last Whitecaps game ever lol it was the most boring 90mins of my life. I do however still wish success to them. Bring the Championship here!

bballguy 03-07-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 8430814)
Watched my first Whitecaps game last year vs Seattle. First and last Whitecaps game ever lol it was the most boring 90mins of my life. I do however still wish success to them. Bring the Championship here!

Seriously? I went to one of the Sounders games last year too and I remember it being pretty damn exciting....Our goalie made some HUGE saves to keep us in the game and I think the game ended as a 2-0 W?

Anyway, I think if anyone wanted to go to just check out a single game this year, they should check out the one against Toronto - they made a couple HUGE pick-ups.

If you went to this game, I don't know how you can possibly find it boring, unless you're just simply not a fan of the game....far more exciting than watching the Canucks play right now, for a much better buy, and with a much better crowd....

Another thing about the Caps is that they had a great home record last year, 9-3-5, making almost all their home games pretty interesting to watch.

EmperorIS 03-07-2014 11:31 AM

I went to the Montrael game last year for the Voyageurs Cup and I had an amazing time. Even though we came out on a draw and lost the cup, sitting with the Southsiders were incredible. I stood the entire game with the crowd and it was LOUD.

winson604 03-07-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8430822)
Seriously? I went to one of the Sounders games last year too and I remember it being pretty damn exciting....Our goalie made some HUGE saves to keep us in the game and I think the game ended as a 2-0 W?

Anyway, I think if anyone wanted to go to just check out a single game this year, they should check out the one against Toronto - they made a couple HUGE pick-ups.

If you went to this game, I don't know how you can possibly find it boring, unless you're just simply not a fan of the game....far more exciting than watching the Canucks play right now, for a much better buy, and with a much better crowd....

HIGHLIGHTS: Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Seattle Sounders | July 6th, 2013 - YouTube

Another thing about the Caps is that they had a great home record last year, 9-3-5, making almost all their home games pretty interesting to watch.

Actually my bad it was a 2012 game where it was 2-2. The most exciting part of the game was watching the Southsiders sing non stop from start to finish.

bballguy 03-07-2014 12:53 PM

Fucking Henry isn't playing tomorrow....what a piece of shit.

MG1 03-07-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 8430814)

The first time I watched a Whitecaps game was when they won the NASL championship back in 1979. That's when ABC TV announcer referred to Vancouver as the "Village of Vancouver."

Then we had Expo 86 and Vancouver was no longer a "village", LOLOLOLOLOL.

Amurican fucktards...........

Spoiler!

iwantaskyline 03-07-2014 02:19 PM

not to be nitpicky or anything but it should only be the "2014" season since it starts and ends in 2014 :)

vafanculo 03-07-2014 02:31 PM

I'm going tomorrow too. Caught one game last year and loved it..although that was the game camillo scored that bicycle lol so got a good introduction to white caps.

Too bad Henry isn't playing though
Posted via RS Mobile

The Hype 03-07-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 8430756)
Fuck that guy.
Such a disrespectful thing to do.

Here's hoping Morales makes this team better because we've been missing a midfielder for a few years now.

The Whitecaps have been missing that "flair" in the midfield ever since Chumiento left. Good on Robinson for bringing in these South American players, especially Morales. If the midfield plays up to par, we won't miss Camilo at all. Miller/Mattocks/Manneh can fill that void, they just need the service (and maybe a little more polish).

I hate how not only does the BC Place turf prevent us from getting any men's national games, but it stops us from seeing players like Henry :(

vafanculo 03-07-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hype (Post 8430939)
The Whitecaps have been missing that "flair" in the midfield ever since Chumiento left. Good on Robinson for bringing in these South American players, especially Morales. If the midfield plays up to par, we won't miss Camilo at all. Miller/Mattocks/Manneh can fill that void, they just need the service (and maybe a little more polish).

I hate how not only does the BC Place turf prevent us from getting any men's national games, but it stops us from seeing players like Henry :(

Henry not playing cause if the turf?
Posted via RS Mobile

The Hype 03-07-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 8430943)
Henry not playing cause if the turf?
Posted via RS Mobile

AFAIK, that's why. Can't remember where I read it but he has not played an MLS game on a turf field, because of the possibility of injury. Turf *is* different than natural grass, but he's being a big French girl as far as I'm concerned.

Tapioca 03-07-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8430822)

Part of the reason why we had such a good home record is the turf we have. It's a shitty surface (it's gotten worse over time because of all the events held in BC Place) and the majority of teams in the league actually play on natural grass so they have a hard time adapting to the surface.

meme405 03-07-2014 05:05 PM

Tim Budong 03-07-2014 07:59 PM

still waiting you fucking frenchman..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiLZuMtCYAE9rlA.jpg

bballguy 03-07-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 8430966)
Part of the reason why we had such a good home record is the turf we have. It's a shitty surface (it's gotten worse over time because of all the events held in BC Place) and the majority of teams in the league actually play on natural grass so they have a hard time adapting to the surface.

Our turf isn't just your average turf.....It's new turf we got with the 2012 renovations....Moreover, it's FIFA certified turf....We're hosting the women's world cup in 2015......If it's good enough for the world cup, these guys can play on it.....It's also got 32 mm thick shock pad underneath the turf so honestly, people that don't play on it are just being pieces of shit.....Doesn't help with the pussy rep that soccer players already have by the general public....

BTW, Henry played in the season opener last year against Portland on turf.

RacingMetro92 03-07-2014 10:14 PM

I've been on that turf, and at times it's almost like running on hard carpet as areas of it dry out. When it's wet, it's almost like grass but compared to grass, there's a pretty big difference. It's definitely better than FieldTurf (which is what I practice rugby on) but the argument for old people can still be made. Plus Tapioca is right, the quality of the turf has gone to shit because they just put a hard plastic puzzle thing as a surface to walk on for events.

Still doesnt vindicate Henry from pussying out though.

bballguy 03-07-2014 10:50 PM

Yeah, regardless, I don't think there's any excuse for it.....It's like hockey players saying they won't play in LA vs the Kings after a Lakers/Clippers game.....

Like I said, just adds to the rep that soccer players have as being pussies...fucking French POS.

bballguy 03-08-2014 07:10 AM

GAMEDAY!!!!!

...I'll be watching from Section 213....you guys?