REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
The Official 2014 Whitecaps & MLS Thread

Seems like we got a decent number of people that follow the Whitecaps/MLS so thought I'd give this a shot....

Season right around the corner, anyone going to the game?

Any word on whether Henry is gonna play? He's my favourite player of all time - would be nice to see him Live for once...

Predictions for this season? I think we'll be alright, despite the loss of Camilo....I think Manneh and Teibert should be ready to step up big time.

Anyway, go Caps!
Advertisement

Last edited by bballguy; 03-08-2014 at 07:10 AM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Well, this one got the word "Official" in the title. Seems legit.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #4

I like how the team that got Camilo is going to be banned from competition and there's a good chance he won't get any of his money. Hahaha.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #5

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Fuck that guy.
Such a disrespectful thing to do.

Here's hoping Morales makes this team better because we've been missing a midfielder for a few years now.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #6
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Inb4 this thread gets moved to Sports forum because not enough people care about soccer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Going to watch the whitecaps on March 29 =D
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #8
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Watched my first Whitecaps game last year vs Seattle. First and last Whitecaps game ever lol it was the most boring 90mins of my life. I do however still wish success to them. Bring the Championship here!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Watched my first Whitecaps game last year vs Seattle. First and last Whitecaps game ever lol it was the most boring 90mins of my life. I do however still wish success to them. Bring the Championship here!
Seriously? I went to one of the Sounders games last year too and I remember it being pretty damn exciting....Our goalie made some HUGE saves to keep us in the game and I think the game ended as a 2-0 W?

Anyway, I think if anyone wanted to go to just check out a single game this year, they should check out the one against Toronto - they made a couple HUGE pick-ups.

If you went to this game, I don't know how you can possibly find it boring, unless you're just simply not a fan of the game....far more exciting than watching the Canucks play right now, for a much better buy, and with a much better crowd....

Another thing about the Caps is that they had a great home record last year, 9-3-5, making almost all their home games pretty interesting to watch.

Last edited by bballguy; 03-07-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #10

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
I went to the Montrael game last year for the Voyageurs Cup and I had an amazing time. Even though we came out on a draw and lost the cup, sitting with the Southsiders were incredible. I stood the entire game with the crowd and it was LOUD.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #11
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Seriously? I went to one of the Sounders games last year too and I remember it being pretty damn exciting....Our goalie made some HUGE saves to keep us in the game and I think the game ended as a 2-0 W?

Anyway, I think if anyone wanted to go to just check out a single game this year, they should check out the one against Toronto - they made a couple HUGE pick-ups.

If you went to this game, I don't know how you can possibly find it boring, unless you're just simply not a fan of the game....far more exciting than watching the Canucks play right now, for a much better buy, and with a much better crowd....

HIGHLIGHTS: Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Seattle Sounders | July 6th, 2013 - YouTube

Another thing about the Caps is that they had a great home record last year, 9-3-5, making almost all their home games pretty interesting to watch.
Actually my bad it was a 2012 game where it was 2-2. The most exciting part of the game was watching the Southsiders sing non stop from start to finish.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #12

Fucking Henry isn't playing tomorrow....what a piece of shit.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
The first time I watched a Whitecaps game was when they won the NASL championship back in 1979. That's when ABC TV announcer referred to Vancouver as the "Village of Vancouver."

Then we had Expo 86 and Vancouver was no longer a "village", LOLOLOLOLOL.

Amurican fucktards...........

Spoiler!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS

not to be nitpicky or anything but it should only be the "2014" season since it starts and ends in 2014
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #15

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
I'm going tomorrow too. Caught one game last year and loved it..although that was the game camillo scored that bicycle lol so got a good introduction to white caps.

Too bad Henry isn't playing though
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Fuck that guy.
Such a disrespectful thing to do.

Here's hoping Morales makes this team better because we've been missing a midfielder for a few years now.
The Whitecaps have been missing that "flair" in the midfield ever since Chumiento left. Good on Robinson for bringing in these South American players, especially Morales. If the midfield plays up to par, we won't miss Camilo at all. Miller/Mattocks/Manneh can fill that void, they just need the service (and maybe a little more polish).

I hate how not only does the BC Place turf prevent us from getting any men's national games, but it stops us from seeing players like Henry

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #17

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
The Whitecaps have been missing that "flair" in the midfield ever since Chumiento left. Good on Robinson for bringing in these South American players, especially Morales. If the midfield plays up to par, we won't miss Camilo at all. Miller/Mattocks/Manneh can fill that void, they just need the service (and maybe a little more polish).

I hate how not only does the BC Place turf prevent us from getting any men's national games, but it stops us from seeing players like Henry
Henry not playing cause if the turf?
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #18
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Henry not playing cause if the turf?
Posted via RS Mobile
AFAIK, that's why. Can't remember where I read it but he has not played an MLS game on a turf field, because of the possibility of injury. Turf *is* different than natural grass, but he's being a big French girl as far as I'm concerned.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #19
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post

Part of the reason why we had such a good home record is the turf we have. It's a shitty surface (it's gotten worse over time because of all the events held in BC Place) and the majority of teams in the league actually play on natural grass so they have a hard time adapting to the surface.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #20
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #21
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
still waiting you fucking frenchman..

Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Part of the reason why we had such a good home record is the turf we have. It's a shitty surface (it's gotten worse over time because of all the events held in BC Place) and the majority of teams in the league actually play on natural grass so they have a hard time adapting to the surface.
Our turf isn't just your average turf.....It's new turf we got with the 2012 renovations....Moreover, it's FIFA certified turf....We're hosting the women's world cup in 2015......If it's good enough for the world cup, these guys can play on it.....It's also got 32 mm thick shock pad underneath the turf so honestly, people that don't play on it are just being pieces of shit.....Doesn't help with the pussy rep that soccer players already have by the general public....

BTW, Henry played in the season opener last year against Portland on turf.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #23
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

I've been on that turf, and at times it's almost like running on hard carpet as areas of it dry out. When it's wet, it's almost like grass but compared to grass, there's a pretty big difference. It's definitely better than FieldTurf (which is what I practice rugby on) but the argument for old people can still be made. Plus Tapioca is right, the quality of the turf has gone to shit because they just put a hard plastic puzzle thing as a surface to walk on for events.

Still doesnt vindicate Henry from pussying out though.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #24

Yeah, regardless, I don't think there's any excuse for it.....It's like hockey players saying they won't play in LA vs the Kings after a Lakers/Clippers game.....

Like I said, just adds to the rep that soccer players have as being pussies...fucking French POS.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #25

GAMEDAY!!!!!

...I'll be watching from Section 213....you guys?