REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #626
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Kevin Sieff ‏@ksieff 10h

Senior Afghan official on whether #MH370 flew over Afghanistan: "We do not have a radar. Go and ask the Americans."

He sounds a bit annoyed with the US of A
No, what he said was true, we (USAF) definitely have a lot more radar coverage than Afghanistan ATC which only has good primary radar coverage around the major cities and the rest is secondary which would not show up if the transponder is turned off.
Advertisement
dahonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #627
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Oh I know that, but the tone I got from that seemed annoyed that the USA wont let them have radar.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #628
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PLANE?!?

now i dont have any information to back up this claim but it seems to be the longest a plane of this type has ever gone missing without a trace
2 n r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #629
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #630
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
So sad for the families involved. Going on 8 days now.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #631
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Watching this story unfold on cable news makes my head hurt.

I've been flipping through cable news channels and all of them are hung up over what the co-pilot said, like seriously you're going to have an entire segment and bring in experts to dissect what "all right, good night" meant??? And I believe Malaysian officials claimed at a media brief earlier this morning that the plane might have been flying at 5,000ft and now you have more "experts" at CNN who keep going about how the plane couldn't flight at that altitude, one expert comes in and says it's possible, blah blah. They even have some idiot reporter in Toronto at one of those amateurish flight simulator places going through all these scenarios. The icing on the cake the media making a huge deal about the pilots "flight simulator". It's wasn't some mysterious or sophisticated flight simulator, it was bloody FSX lol.

For the sake of humanity I hope they find this plane soon, the media has gone nuts and keep wanting to report on this story which has no new leads and some of stuff coming out now by even the officials is downright stupid. If you don't have any new information just stfu.

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 03-17-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #632
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,158 Times in 7,153 Posts
All the news reports are just random unsubstantiated theories being reported as facts, then they get more news by disproving their already bullshit news. The fucking media machine is clinging hard to this one. They might as well just start asking random people on the street for what they think is the most interesting scenario they can imagine happened and then just report it as news.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #633
My homepage has been set to RS

Old 03-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #634
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
There sure are some interesting ideas out there about this flight.

I recall watching a Mayday episode where a similar thing happened. Took them 14 days to find the plane.
It seems that it is not so hard to actually lose a plane when systems fail or something goes wrong. I personally feel there are way to many people jumping to conclusions and coming up with ideas of what happened as of yet.
Its been 8 days....the ocean is MASSIVE and there are many places a plane could be when you consider the surroundings.

I find it very interesting following this thread tho. I look forward to hearing what actually happens with this plane. Perhaps there is a happy ending....but it is looking worse and worse each day.
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #635

The mainstream media is all but useless when it comes to this search. CNN is so full of shit right now we can smell it up here in Canada. I've gotten to the point where if a theory on the physical capabilities of the plane it isn't coming from multiple pilots, engineers or maintenance personnel I ignore it. And as far as info on the planes location FlyingWithFish seems to be the only one who knows jack, most of the mainstream reports are either garbage or days behind him.

Currently he's saying the DHS believes there's only about a 25% chance that they'll ever find the plane due to various govt's suppressing info, and that verified intel suggests the plane almost definitely did not crash, it was landed. Furthermore, his sources have apparently gone quiet, which typically means something is either in the works or the sources suspect something is in the works.

In other news, the Chinese gov't has told their media that they may not independently investigate MH370.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #636
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Maybe the plane faked its own death and will return when it perfected its flying abilities.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #637
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

maybe they're still flying
Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #638
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
In other news, the Chinese gov't has told their media that they may not independently investigate MH370.
Props to the Chinese government for this one! Fuck "freedom of the press", how about "freedom FROM stupidity"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #639

To me that indicates that it may have been landed in the Chinese desert, near the Kyrgyzstan (how the hell do you even pronounce that?) border as they earlier mentioned. It's odd that the news on the search effort has mostly died out once they announced it all but had to be on land.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #640
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #641

Quote:
It's odd that the news on the search effort has mostly died out once they announced it all but had to be on land.
Not odd at all, and I doubt the announcement has anything (directly) to do with it. It's common for any "big" news story to slip down the rankings as it drags out.

First few days, it was a huge WTF with lots of theories coming from left and right. As it dragged on and theories were eliminated or changed, there was less to talk about, and other ongoing stories came to the fore (the Ukraine situation has bubbled back to the top with the Crimean referendum, for example). By now, everyone knows the story: plane missing, nobody has a fucking clue, no film at a eleven.

The fact investigators are leaning more toward it being on land isn't why it's died down... it's that there's nothing else NEW to say about it. Until there's some major breakthrough or change in the situation, it's NOT NEWS anymore. This is why CNN is trying to fill the void with self-appointed experts and bullshit.

The only other thing there is to report, is that there's nothing to report.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #642
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
The US is doing something shady no questions asked, they had to of known what happened at Diego Garcia since its the most advanced radar system in the area. That base can also land a 777 so I think this is some kind of US cover up.

If its been said about Diego Garcia already my bad
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #643

Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #644
My homepage has been set to RS

thr is more to the story ,dont think Malaysia is disclosing full details.. they are military installations on Andaman islands, impossible to land plane. any plane approaching those chain of islands would have been challenged.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #645
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
If we see officials from the US and china start to go quiet and not talk about it anymore all of a sudden, you can suspect some shenanigans are going on. If they are on the trail and are sniffing out something on a government level, they would most likely go quiet about it. If it was an act of terrorism one way or another, the US would be pumping its propaganda machine hard.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #646
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
According to US officials the Malaysians haven't been handy over critical data which can assist in the search for the plane. One theory is the Malaysians are worried about jeopardizing their own national security which I guess is a valid concern because I can't see the US handing over data if it could jeopardized their national security. Also the US navy has pulled out one of their ships and put it back into normal service.

Another thing I read was MH didn't purchase a data service which you pay monthly which would have provided mechanical data from the plane at all times. Most airlines have this service, basically the plane keeps sending data back to the control centre so the airlines know what issues they need to address upon the plane landing at the destination.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #647
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The US is doing something shady no questions asked, they had to of known what happened at Diego Garcia since its the most advanced radar system in the area. That base can also land a 777 so I think this is some kind of US cover up.

If its been said about Diego Garcia already my bad
So your trying to say the Autobots and NEST have something to do with this? That's all there is at diego garcia.

edit: Wait didn't that tiger robot decepticon thingy destroy that base in the the second one?
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #648
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
The Diego Garcia conspiracy seems to have more traction than underscores twitter conspiracy

all ive been seeing lately are comments about diego garcia (youtube, google news, other forums)

the reasoning seems to be that if the plane headed North it would have hit someones radar or a us military bases radar but it hasn't (maybe)
if it headed south the only place it could have gone (based on those red lines) is diego garcia or there's some secret underwater cobra base

so naturally conspiracy theorists would be going nuts about this and pointing the finger at the US

People really need to just wait and see or concentrate on something else instead of making up conspiracy theories to keep themselves entertained
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
the reasoning seems to be that if the plane headed North it would have hit someones radar or a us military bases radar but it hasn't (maybe)
if it headed south the only place it could have gone (based on those red lines) is diego garcia or there's some secret underwater cobra base
Except Diego Garcia is more or less due-east of the plane's last known location. But I guess a strong sense of geography isn't required when making shit up.

Quote:
People really need to just wait and see or concentrate on something else instead of making up conspiracy theories to keep themselves entertained
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #650
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Look, one of three things could have happened;

- It crashed at full speed and there is little to nothing left

- It was stolen / government intervention

- It was shot down and whoever did it is hiding the fact

Two of those circumstances mean that we will never, ever know. Stop saying that aliens shoved it up their asses because they forgot their cosmic dildo on Zardon-9.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote