REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 03-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

WMRC 2014 Race Schedule

If you're not interested in actually racing then consider coming out and watching the races this year as It's always a lot of fun. For the more adventuresome you can come out and volunteer to work a corner as we always need more help.
For those that have never been on the trackbefore and are interested in getting an easy start we offer a "Taste of Racing" program on the lunch break. You can be lead around on the track by a WMRC racer with your own bike for only $10.00.

For more information check out Home

Advertisement
#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
is it like WMRRA where if you corner work you get taste of racing for free?
did some corner working for WMRRA in the summer, would love to help out closer to home.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n
is it like WMRRA where if you corner work you get taste of racing for free?
did some corner working for WMRRA in the summer, would love to help out closer to home.
Absolutely! if you ride out to work a corner you can get compd a taste of racing.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
VAC Head Rotang Mod

I booked the days in may off ;D

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Old 03-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post

I booked the days in may off ;D
very cool! bring some friends! here's hoping it's dry. In May you never know..
Old 04-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #6

This saturday come on out (10.30 am) and help bag some bales at Mission Raceway Park! We need to get these bales ready for the first round of racing on May 10th. As an extra incentive you can get some keen insight into the track by the WMRC #1 plate holder and Jason Primore's Star School instructor, Spero Benias.
He's kindly offered to those volunteers interested that once the days work has been finished he will be lead a track walk and telling all of his go fast secrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spero
Mission Raceway turn by turn analysis

I am going to hold a track walk and Q&A to teach any interested racer/trackday rider about racing lines and riding techniques around all 9 turns of Mission Raceway Park. My fellow riding instructors and expert racers will be on hand to offer their insight as well...maybe even a special VIP guest!

There is no cost for this, all you need to do is be at the track at 10:30am on Apr 26th to help with the WMRC Hay Bale Party (we will be bagging & taping the hay bales and washing the Airfence). We'll do the track walk as soon as we finish with everything so the more people that show up the quicker it will go.

Who's in?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3841-X3.jpg (106.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
spero is a beast lol. i find that you meet the nicest people inside the pits at any race track. everyone is super friendly and helpful and in spero's case, looked after 10 of our bikes over night while we buggered off to sleep at a hotel
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:11 AM   #8
VAC Head Rotang Mod

i'm not working that day so i'm in

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 07:15 AM   #9

thanks, the more help we get the faster we can get this over with!
Spero is a great guy, he's always willing to help guys out.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #10

we're back on track this weekend! if you're not dong anything come on out and check out the races! if you're any interest even consider watching the races from a corner and volunteering! if it's dry we'll also be having our taste of racing where during the lunch break you can be led around the track by one of our pro racers. all info can be found at www.WMRC.CA

we'll be on track around 9am..

A call for vounteers for the 2014 WMRC race season
Volunteer

If you have any interest in corner working this year please read this. It's not required to ask if we need help -We always need help!

I'm hoping to get an early start at rounding up some people who might be interested in coming out to do some corner marshalling during our 2014 race dates!

The first 2 race rounds will be held on May 10/11 and these rounds will also be the first rounds of the Western Canadian Championship. We can always use as many volunteers as possible to help make the weekend a success -rain or shine.
We will be providing all the information and instruction necessary and we'll also be providing lunch, as well as water and snacks in all corners to help keep everyone hydrated and as comfortable as possible throughout the day.

Please feel free to contact me through a PM if you have any questions or require any additional information.

I hope to see as many of you come out and enjoy the best seats in the house and assist in helping make a great weekend of WMRC racing possible!

Some notes and extra information:

Please DO NOT wear any RED, YELLOW OR GREEN clothing as it can be a distraction when you are in the corners.
The orientation meeting starts promptly at 8:00 AM at the tech area.
I'd recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt, bring a hat, a pair of work gloves and maybe bring bug spray in case the mosquitoes are out.
Please, NO SHORTS, SANDALS, OR FLIP FLOPS! If you have to run and pick up a freshly crashed bike they have a tendancy to be hot and can leave nasty burns/scars
Old 05-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Lol looks like I booked the wrong days off lol. Will see if I can trade the Sunday shift and try to make it out.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Old 07-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #12

We're back racing at Mission Raceway Park this weekend, Saturday July 26th & 27th. If you're around make sure to come on out and see the action. On Saturday if it's dry we'll have our Taste of Racing where for $10.00 you can do parade laps with a WMRC racer. On Sunday we'll be hosting the Bernie Ryan track walk for the kids of the BC Children's Hospital are kids and parents are welcome and this is free.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg keep-calm-and-RACE ON.jpg (56.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2014, 07:16 AM   #13

We had another great weekend! awesome weather and great company. We had the Taste of Racing both days and even had Bernie Ryan's Track walk on Sunday as well, which the kids always enjoy.
It was my first weekend racing my 250 after selling my 600 and there was a lot of adjustment but I think I've got it figured out.. and man, the 250 racing is fun! there's always someone to battle with.

Check out this sequence of my friend getting collected in turn 1. Luckily he was mostly ok. http://www.allenbargen.com/Sports/WM...es#!/i-t5CqX9d

The next and final rounds will be on September 27th and 28th. Come check it out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jd.jpg (92.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by #19; 07-31-2014 at 07:24 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #14
2-Wheelin' Mod

I was moving this weekend so I couldn't make it... I can't wait till the September event!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:33 AM   #15

This weekend (saturday, September 26th & Sunday September 27th) the WMRC returns to Mission to wrap up the 2014 racing season. It's been an awesome season and the championship is on the line -so the action should be intense! The action starts with practices at 9.00am.

Come on out and support your local racers, club and track. If you would like to see the action up close and personal -volunteer Volunteer to work in a corner. We always need help so if you have time to give, please consider helping.

If it's dry we will be running our Taste of Racing 2014 Taste of Racing during the lunch break. For $10.00 you can use your bike to check out the track first hand with some parade laps led by an expert WMRC racer.

If you've never been, check it out. This is you last chance until next year!

Home
Attached Images
File Type: png racing.png (28.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #16
VAC Head Rotang Mod

I think i can actually make it out for once
If i can get up early enough i'll help out on the corners, what time would i need to be there?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Old 09-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #17

If you're coming out in the morning you should try to be there for 8.30. If that's too early i'd suggest coming after lunch, if that's all you can do it would still be appreciated. lunch is around noon.