REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,181 Times in 477 Posts
Product Review: BlackVue DR400G-HD II

Brand: BlackVue
Product: DR400G-HD II
URL: BlackVue DR400G-HD II | Dash Cam Talk

so i'm driving down an alley and this crosses my path!

With no owner in sight, my gf and I started knocking on doors nearby. Luckily, the first one we knocked on told us to try their neighbour because they knew that the neighbours owned a dog. low and behold, it was their dog! The owner's seemed clueless and not worried of what was happening. But then again, the dog wasn't soaking wet, so my gf and I may have found the dog soon after escaping from it's house. I didn't stay to chat with the owner. I received a couple "thank you"'s and left, but I'm assuming that it's not an outdoor dog because the blue jacket it was wearing was fleece....who wears fleece in the rain

on a side note, my dashcam thinks that's it's 4hrs earlier than real time. How do I fix that?

Pros:
- good video quality
- hides well behind the rearview mirror that I can’t even tell it’s there and I don’t get distracted by the flashing lights.

Cons:
- I find that sometimes I miss clips that I think should be recorded. Ie I’ll start a parking mode clip and there is a car parks in front of me with the driver already 10 steps away from the car. Unless he’s running, I’m missing at least 5 secs of clip.
- Gets very hot to touch, even the memory card feels hot when I take it out to review video
- When I first got it, my time stamp was right, but now it’s not. Blackvue’s software isn’t intuitive enough for me to figure it out.
- Can’t fit a card bigger than 32GB. 32GB just isn’t enough footage time for when I’m parked over a 9 hr shift. I start losing things that happen at the beginning. I even have the sensitivity turned way down, and I find the camera picks up a lot of cars driving perpendicular to mine about 20-30 feet away.
- I’ve had to open up the camera to clean it once after owning it for ~2 years.

Summary:
Would I buy another one if the opportunity came up? Probably not, I have a FineVu too and I like that much better for the fact that it doesn’t get so hot. I'm afraid that I might not get the clip I need if I ever hit n run'd but I'm sure it'll record any incidents when the car is in motion.
Advertisement
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

fyi you can run different firmware and run a 64gb card however I'm not sure if thats true about the 400 but I do know it works with noth the 500 and the 550

does the finevu have any front and rear cam systems?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,181 Times in 477 Posts
^ I believe FineVu's 2 channel system will be for sale locally soon. FineVu CR-2000S is the name of it. This one has a small screen on it, so i think it'll be a little bigger than the ones we're used to seeing.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
^Yup, FineVu's introducing the CR-2000S to North America very very soon. Test models have already been sent out to local distributors.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
I subscribe to Revscene

Can't recommend this unit, when summer comes around the lens/sensor is gonna for over from the heat.
Posted via RS Mobile
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote