REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Worst part about renting are noise complaints

Fucking neighbor that moved in downstairs is a loser fat bitch who texts me with complaints over noise constantly. She works a shit job and constantly bitches whenever I'm having fun.

Tonight we filmed a music video here and immediately she started bitching and sending passive-aggressive texts followed up by shit talking me with stuff like "Get your shit together buddy." Hey, I have an idea you fucking cunt, how about you get some skills so you don't have to get up at 7 AM and work a shit job, bitch? This is Gastown, if you want it quiet move to Burnaby you stupid fucking cunt.

Renting sucks because I have to suck it up and be nice. I can never say what I really feel otherwise she'd just complain to the strata and my landlord would get hassled.

If I owned this place I would go off on her, laugh like Bieber, and just pay the fines!

Renting
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Dear diary
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Or, y'know, you could abide by noise bylaws...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Maybe you should STFU....Filmed a music video at your apartment? LMFAO, 0K4Y BR0
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Or, y'know, you could abide by noise bylaws...

Not all neighborhoods are the same, there are localized cultures for sure.

Where can I move to where I can live my spontaneous lifestyle? I suppose the truth is that I just need more money and then I can act however I want
Old 03-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Maybe you should STFU....Filmed a music video at your apartment? LMFAO, 0K4Y BR0

Yeah my place was used for one of the locations and I'm getting credit as art director for the shoot, what is lame about that?!

You'd think people would give a brutha props for following his dreams, but this is Vancouver where the bucket crabs just shit on each other
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #7
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
If she's a loser and a fat, bitch, why'd you give her your number?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #8
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
I moved into a new apartment recently and the walls are cheaped out on. the insulation sucks.

my old apartment i had my 10 inch sub against the wall of a bedroom and they only complained when i jacked it up to what i would consider "loud" in the daytime (but at 4am).

the new place, my sub is turned down, and my stereo is turned down, and i still get complaints from TWO walls away.

there's no way around this. I just have to turn it down after 11pm (the agreed time between me and the neighbour, they sleep at 11pm sharp).

there's a dude upstairs that's obsessed about working out cuz i can hear him dropping weights all evening and NIGHT too. but since i'm a night owl i don't bitch. i don't care. cuz i know i'm just another version of him lol.

u have to just move into a place where the walls and floors are thicker.
unfortunately, the majority of people lead a lifestyle that is different than yours. I feel your pain. You just have to find a place where people are more in sync with your values.

every place i move into, my stereo gets louder and louder, every single night, until someone complains, and then i mark that volume and keep it just below that. lol.
you never know until you test the limits.

yeah noise bylaws... just follow em. if she's texting you before the bylaw, then fuck her.
if she's texting you after, then you're in the "wrong".
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Yeah my place was used for one of the locations and I'm getting credit as art director for the shoot, what is lame about that?!

You'd think people would give a brutha props for following his dreams, but this is Vancouver where the bucket crabs just shit on each other
Yet here you are shitting on someone because they have a "shit job" that forces them to wake up early.....
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #10
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
I grew up in a house til i was 20 and moved out. Could do anything i want in the driveway, or backyard. Could turn each stereo to 11 and watch movies like i was in the theatres.

BUT when I moved out into apartments like you have, I grew the fuck up and treated people with respect and act accordingly. You sound like a fucking child. 5 years later I've never had a single complaint. Closest i get is the stink eye from the 98 year old lady because i have a beard and mohawk
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:31 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
u have to just move into a place where the walls and floors are thicker.

A year ago everything was fine, a bunch of new people moved in and they refuse to adapt to the noise level that has been the standard here for 3 years. For 3 years I have been the exact same level of noise but the new tenants are fucking geeks.

So pissed!

I have a gym next door with a personal trainer that trains people from 6 AM until like 8 PM. I don't mind the weights crashing down and SLAMMING the floor at all. In fact, it sounds bad ass! When I hear someone screaming and the weights shake my apartment when they hit the floor I'll often get up from my desk and bust off a bunch of chin ups on the bar hanging from the beams above my loft. I like the energy of hearing other people work out, it gets me pumped up.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
You sound like a fucking child.
Posted via RS Mobile

If having fun in a downtown loft with a ton of hot chicks and making 10k a month while working a few hours a day while being free to pursue art is being childish... call me mother fucking beaver cleaver you 9-5 bitch
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #13

Lol. You do sound like a child.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #14

LMFAO, What a tool...

Edit:

Quote:
When I hear someone screaming and the weights shake my apartment when they hit the floor I'll often get up from my desk and bust off a bunch of chin ups on the bar hanging from the beams above my loft. I like the energy of hearing other people work out, it gets me pumped up.
lol, yup...definitely a tool...
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:36 AM   #15
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Or you could, you know, be considerate of others ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Yet here you are shitting on someone because they have a "shit job" that forces them to wake up early.....

Why would someone live in a live/work building that has so many loud commercial rentals if you wanted peace and quiet? Shit the bums scream in the alley and fist fight every few nights, Brooklyn nightclub is PUMPING until 4 AM every single Saturday night and you can clearly hear every word from drunk Surrey jacks.

Why live here if you're expecting it to be quiet? You're an asshole if you move here and expect the culture to bow to you, the culture here is spontaneous and loud.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Why would someone live in a live/work building that has so many loud commercial rentals if you wanted peace and quiet? Shit the bums scream in the alley and fist fight every few nights, Brooklyn nightclub is PUMPING until 4 AM every single Saturday night and you can clearly hear every word from drunk Surrey jacks.

Why live here if you're expecting it to be quiet? You're an asshole if you move here and expect the culture to bow to you, the culture here is spontaneous and loud.
Yet it seems like she's only got a problem with you....Does she send a noise complaint to the bums outside too?

NVM, it doesn't even matter....after reading that last little excerpt that I quoted you on in my last post, it's clear how much of a douchebag you are.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Or you could, you know, be considerate of others ...

This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #19

I do agree with your last statement. It's like people who move in next to an airport (that's been there for 40 years) then complain the planes are too loud and actually get runways shut down
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Yet it seems like she's only complaining about you? Does she send a noise complaint to the bums outside too?

NVM, it doesn't even matter....after reading that last little excerpt that I quoted you on in my last post, it's clear how much of a douchebag you are.

If I lived in Yaletown, the West End, Coal Harbour, White Rock, Burnaby, etc etc etc... I would be quieter.

I live in Gastown in a building zoned for live/work. It is a warehouse loft conversion with a very artistic feel and many commercial properties. Many of the suites on my floor are commercial and have noone here at night.

Perhaps I need to blame the landlords for not giving the new tenants any information on the building before they move in. This isn't a place where people live for peace and quiet. I would love to invite you here to experience a Friday or Saturday night as there is crazy noise until 4 AM each night.

I love it!

It sucks that there is nowhere for artists to live in this city without stepping on some 9-5 drone's toes
Old 03-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #21
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts

If you make 10k a month consistently doing this, why don't you buy a fucking house. That way you can make as much noise as you want (within reason). At least that way when you do get a noise complaint it will be the cops who come a knocking and I would love to see how big of a tough guy you would be then.

As others stated above, you live in a shared building, and you have a duty to act within the strata by laws. You also have a duty to act respectfully to those around you and just generally be a considerate human being towards them. Instead you sound like a complete imbecile and a douchebag. Enjoy your eviction and the countless ones that are going to follow until you grow up...

EDIT: Since you are saying all this crap about the building being Noise friendly and shit, go ahead and post up their Strata Bylaws I would love to see the section on "Unlimited noise - Until 4AM".

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #22
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I do agree with your last statement. It's like people who move in next to an airport (that's been there for 40 years) then complain the planes are too loud and actually get runways shut down
Posted via RS Mobile

Thank you.

A lot of people complain about Brooklyn and are trying to get that club shut down. It's bullshit. The club was here before they moved in. Why move in knowing there's a nightclub and expecting the neighborhood to change to what YOU want?

I love the energy that all the drunks fighting pours into the neighborhood, it gets me psyched up. Fuck I wrote some of my best work after witnessing a brawl until like 5 AM a few months ago where Iranians had a 30 person slap fight. I had such an adenaline rush from it that I wrote like 10k words in 1 night.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

If you make 10k a month consistently doing this, why don't you buy a fucking house.

When you live in a neighborhood like this you're paying for the lifestyle, living in Gastown is unlike anywhere I've ever lived before and the atmosphere is incredible. The people I've met and continue to meet are always inspirational in all of their own unique fucked up ways. I love it here and it feels like home.

I lived in a house in Langley where I could crank the tunes to 11, but if you wanted to go anywhere you had to drive for 30 minutes and the energy level you get from fields of grass, cows, and llamas is nothing like an urban wasteland of degenerate drug users, hot bitches, d-bags, and creative people
Old 03-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Thank you.

A lot of people complain about Brooklyn and are trying to get that club shut down. It's bullshit. The club was here before they moved in. Why move in knowing there's a nightclub and expecting the neighborhood to change to what YOU want?

I love the energy that all the drunks fighting pours into the neighborhood, it gets me psyched up. Fuck I wrote some of my best work after witnessing a brawl until like 5 AM a few months ago where Iranians had a 30 person slap fight. I had such an adenaline rush from it that I wrote like 10k words in 1 night.
okay jason, I think I'm done here.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #25
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:
If having fun in a downtown loft with a ton of hot chicks and making 10k a month while working a few hours a day while being free to pursue art is being childish... call me mother fucking beaver cleaver you 9-5 bitch
when you rent, you signed off on forms? abide by the rules. or if you don't like it, then why not just move out and find another place? i mean, it doesn't seem like money is a problem for you, so you can rent somewhere else that can accommodate your own needs.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote