REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #51
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
This dude is dumb as fuck.
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #52
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
As much fun as this has been, I have a 9-5 I have to get to in the morning.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #53
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
I'm still curious as to why you gave her your number in the first place?

I was courteous when I met her like 7 months and she had a loud house warming party that went until 3 AM... she's had a couple other loud parties until like 3 AM... I never complained. Anytime I have a party she texts at like 10:30 PM asking me to turn it down. What a bitch.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 AM   #54
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,583 Times in 4,318 Posts
THE NUMBER!!!! WHY YOU GIVE HER THE NUMBER?!?!?!!?!

edit cause ninja'd: I don't even talk to new neighbors til I know they won't piss me off. I thought you just wanted to bag a fatty.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 03-12-2014 at 01:20 AM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 AM   #55
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
I work a 2-11 so i can stay up a bit longer! It's only march but is say this is a contender for best thread of 2014.
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 AM   #56
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
invite her up next time, maybe she'll be cool beans with you from then on.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:13 AM   #57
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
invite her up next time, maybe she'll be cool beans with you from then on.

I tried, she has a very possessive boyfriend who gives me the creeps. He is the type of person with a noodle handshake and who won't look you in the eye.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #58
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
I was courteous when I met her like 7 months and she had a loud house warming party that went until 3 AM... she's had a couple other loud parties until like 3 AM... I never complained. Anytime I have a party she texts at like 10:30 PM asking me to turn it down. What a bitch.
Maybe you should complain. Every time you hear her vacuum or turn on her bathroom fan or chop veggies for dinner. Text and complain! Then write 10k words in your diary about how it made you feel.

Blah blah teenage angst blah blah juxtaposition blah blah
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #59
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
I don't know why but whenever I think of OP I think of this guy

(For those who are confused, OG Loc from GTA: San Andreas)
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #60
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Maybe you should complain. Every time you hear her vacuum or turn on her bathroom fan or chop veggies for dinner. Text and complain! Then write 10k words in your diary about how it made you feel.

Blah blah teenage angst blah blah juxtaposition blah blah
Posted via RS Mobile
Don't you have a commute you have to be awake for?
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #61
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
THE NUMBER!!!! WHY YOU GIVE HER THE NUMBER?!?!?!!?!

edit cause ninja'd: I don't even talk to new neighbors til I know they won't piss me off.

I try my best to be friendly man, in fact anyone who knows me knows I'm a jovial maddafakka who loves to see other people smile
Old 03-12-2014, 01:23 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
I try my best to be a POS man, in fact anyone who knows me knows I'm a big douchebag
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:31 AM   #63
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Sure, but that's not how the world works.......majority of people do their shit during the day, and try to sleep at night....
so what if you lived in a community where the opposite was valued? would you feel discriminated against? where could you even go if everyone thought like that?

i know there are tons of you night owls on here. don't you guys feel that?
don't you feel you're kinda discriminated against?

when do us nightowls get to blast our music. or practice our instruments? or sing loudly? or lets take it a step further...

when do us night owls get to do our banking? visit the dentist/doctor?

why the fuck is the service industry open during work hours? shouldnt the service industry be open AFTER work hours? doesn't that make more sense?

in more open countries such as denmark they already have B-societies. B-schedules. highschools that start later (cuz really, what kid likes waking up so early, and how well do they REALLY function in the mornings? do you force kids to go to school early just cuz it's "THE WAY ITS BEEN" or cuz they learn better at those early hours?)... work schedules that arent as rigid (start later cuz really, most people dont function as well in the mornings), public services that are open later on certain days (cuz give me a break, even normal people have trouble making public service centers such as post offices and other government establishments).

people that think "9-5" is the "WAY". and people SHOULD wake up EARLY and sleep by midnight... give me a break. what is this, some kinda religion? you guys worship the sun or some shit?

you have to realise, there are many people, who live very different time schedules as you, and that for the longest time, they have just lived in quietness, and just accepted it and shut up about it cuz everyone tells them it's the "NORM".

just cuz you feel tired at night, doesn't mean others do.
there's always a flipside.

so who's right? who's wrong?

the majority can always oppress the minority. but you already make special exceptions to certain religions, disabilities and other minority issues. is this not the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
If you feel there is a market for that feel free to start your own company and develop a property and then you can put together whatever strata rules you want. Until then you cannot use the excuse of "I want it to be like this, so I am going to ignore what the rules are and call those who abide by them bitches".
i feel there are not enough people/the city is not dense enough for this to happen here. Maybe somewhere in asia, or in a bigger city like NY. it probably is only feasible in the biggest and more dense cities on this planet.

i didn't say they're my bitches. I'm just saying if i can get away with it, i will. and if they don't call the cops cuz they're afraid of upsetting some balance or whatever... then I will continue to do it.

No one can truly stop anyone from anything, until they stop them physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
nah man, just cause you live there doesn't mean you can act differently than if you lived in yaletown, west end or coal harbour.

thats like saying if you were living in a war rampant zone, and killing is the norm there, does it mean you can go on a killing rampage there and its ok? law is law man.
yeah it does. but it doesn't mean people will like it.

it just means, if you can get away with it there, then you will probably get away with doing it... because the law doesn't apply there (or less people care, or will try to uphold that value).

morales and ethics and values are subjective. there is no universal right or wrong.

even the golden rule of all religions can be warped.

"One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself."

sure, they could think, I wouldn't wanna be disturbed, so i shall not disturb others.

but what about... they are disturbing me, but I won't stop them. so when I am disturbing them, they won't stop me.

I'm not saying blast music as loud as you want all the time. but there's another world hidden from early risers. and they don't seem to understand that their normality, imposes the same infringements as the night owls impose on them.

so what can be done?

let's get physical? lets get violent?
or let's compensate... maybe midnight isn't as late as you think it is.

and yes multicultural sounds like a douchebag right now, but what about all the other non douchebag versions of him that live the same schedules?

it doesn't matter what comes out of his mouth, the point is, there are a lot of people that live at night, or a lot later than you do. when do they get to walk around freely in their OWN apartments and do "normal" things at "THEIR" time?

never?

i can already hear it... "sleep earlier, wake up earlier"... what about the other way around? why don't you sleep later, and wake up later?

there's no right or wrong time to sleep. nor is there a right or wrong time to wake up.

what else... hmmm... yes. activities. what is there really to do at night? hang out at a club, or hang out at a coffee joint. that's about it.
nightowls arent given a lot of choices. even movie theatres close around 1045pm (last showing). a lot of times their only choice is to hang at home.

so what? "ok hang at home, just shut the fuck up and be invisible"

why is it okay to be loud and laugh and talk on your phone like you're alone in the hallways during the day? but not at night? there are people sleeping, or napping. arent you guys considerate of that?

you wouldn't honk your horn at night in a residential area right? why would you have more incentive to do it in the day? you assume no one will mind.

kinda get my drift?

if majority always wins, then i guess we should just get rid of all support for any minority right? I'm sure that'll go very well.

this goes out to all you mother fuckers viewing this thread right now. at fucking 240am (320icar, Acethriller, aznkev03, bayee, bballguy, Bouncing Bettys, cwis, eFx[A2C], Energy, Gh0stRider, Gunsmokez, jaguar604, jiffyfung, KrAyZiE TRD, MaaaadMan, meme405, miky, multicartual, nah, Noir, PDKGD3, RuzzFuzz, ss6o4, van_city23) how much of your current environmental conditions are adjusted to keeping quiet so "normal" people don't complain?

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-12-2014 at 01:44 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:33 AM   #64
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I know how to calm multi down...

....aaaaaaand, end scene!
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 01:33 AM   #65
Banned (ABWS)

Ulic... thanks bro
Old 03-12-2014, 01:48 AM   #66
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
As a night owl, I gotta say, Ulic nailed it.

Jason, you're an interesting dude. PM me if you ever want to have a beer and talk about art.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 02:06 AM   #67
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts

Art.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:12 AM   #68
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Loudest thing I got going in my room is the mechanical keyboard lol. I enjoy being quiet and the silence at night time if that answers/contributes to anything haahahah.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #69

There's this thing called weekends....you wanna throw a party, or just simply be loud, that's probably the time...
Old 03-12-2014, 02:32 AM   #70
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
what are the noise bylaws in vancouver anyway?
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:37 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronix View Post
what are the noise bylaws in vancouver anyway?
http://former.vancouver.ca/bylaws/6555c.PDF
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 02:59 AM   #72
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
where did OP go? i thought OP wasn't a 9-5 kinda guy? sleeping for the commute?
Old 03-12-2014, 03:33 AM   #73
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
There's this thing called weekends....you wanna throw a party, or just simply be loud, that's probably the time...
yeah but then what about people that work on weekends? and get days off on weekdays?

what if youre entire group of people u know are all like that?

you're only considering yourself as the norm... which is not accurate.

yes, i agree, it is probably the best time. but what if that time is never available to you? you simply just never do it? that can't be the answer. that answer only satisfies weekday 9-5 people.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:37 AM   #74
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,583 Times in 4,318 Posts
RS Insomnia Crew assemble!!!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 AM   #75
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Spoiler!
I used to work night shit at a warehouse, and I also used to work the craziest hours while filming. As a result, I'd often find myself being awake during the night and sleeping in daylight. Even now I typically work 12/1pm - 10/11pm, so I'm still in the same sort of night owl routine. However, I also prefer not being stuck in an apartment, so the 22 acres I have to play around with at home also acts as a sound barrier for when I do decide to turn over an engine with open headers at 3am, or crank the volume up to 11 while watching a movie.

When I lived in a condo in Coquitlam, it did kinda suck living and working as a night owl. However, I made friends with my neighbouring units and we all came to an agreement that I wouldn't blast my music at 4am when I got home from work, and they wouldn't do the same at 1pm. It did kinda suck because we couldn't really enjoy things to their fullest during the weekend, but we agreed that the weekends were free-for-all's and we were all okay with that.

And to be honest, I actually like the fact that there are very few things open during the night. When I first moved out, it forced me into making lunches every day for work (used to just go to the pub's restaurant for lunch and dinner when in University) and it allowed me to save a ton of money that I would have otherwise spent going out to the pub or what have you with friends. Sure, it did still suck when you're young, but now I just do my shopping in the morning when the stores first open (genuinely the best time to do any shopping anyway) and I still have enough time to go home and go to bed. Or if I was truly concerned, I'd just wake up earlier in the day to do other things that may need doing. If I decide I'm going to live my life outside of the standard normal working hours, I don't expect other people to change their business hours to cater to my needs.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: