REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Huge Explosion in Manhattan - Building Down (no idea for cause) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693488-huge-explosion-manhattan-building-down-no-idea-cause.html)

rsx 03-12-2014 06:40 AM

Huge Explosion in Manhattan - Building Down (no idea for cause)

Active scene
Buildings collapse after explosion in uptown Manhattan | New York Post

Live stream
WATCH LIVE: Emergency crews on scene after report of possible building explosion, collapse in Manhattan | Globalnews.ca

A huge explosion rocked an East Harlem building Wednesday morning, causing it to collapse.
Officials confirmed that the blast brought down a building on Park Avenue near the corner of East 116th Street, reducing it to rubble.
The FDNY confirmed that the explosion happened around 9:30 a.m. and said numerous people had been injured.
http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com...0&h=480&crop=1

StylinRed 03-12-2014 06:48 AM

"11 minor injuries" :suspicious:

Edit: ah I thought an explosion brought down the apartment building but it was the subsequent 5 alarm fire.
So I guess most of the residents were able to escape the fire safely
Sounds like this explosion wasn't as huge as implied

rsx 03-12-2014 06:55 AM

Absolutely right.

Let's hope people got evac'd right away. But then again, you worry about the old and infirmed that might be trapped.

Supposedly gas leak?

4444 03-12-2014 07:07 AM

you'd hope most people were at work or school or whatever at 10-11am on a Wednesday

but it always surprises me that i see sooo many people not at work during work hours (waiting for multidouchebag to come in and say how great he is, banging fat chicks all day)

hopefully no one died

haymura 03-12-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8434183)
you'd hope most people were at work or school or whatever at 10-11am on a Wednesday

but it always surprises me that i see sooo many people not at work during work hours (waiting for multidouchebag to come in and say how great he is, banging fat chicks all day)

Talk to multicartual. He's got a great opinion about that.

PeanutButter 03-12-2014 08:21 AM

Apparently it was a Gas leak. Watching the statement live right now. He stressed it's only preliminary info. But, a Gas leak was reported and crew was on the way, but the explosion occurred before anyone got there.
It's a 5 Alarm response level now.

- Gas Leak
- 5 Alarm Fire
- 2 dead
- 18 injured
- Unknown number missing

noclue 03-12-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

hopefully no one died

I'm not sure which side of harlem is being gentrified probably west side near Columbia university but there are still lots of project housing in harlem and people who live in one... tend to not like working.

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-12-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

but it always surprises me that i see sooo many people not at work during work hours

because maybe your perception of what the majority does, is actually false and there are a lot more people that don't follow the norm than you think.

especially like a place in new york where there are plenty of 24 hour places and enough larks and nightowls to form a small city (or at least a section of a town) of their own.

Ball.J.Inder 03-12-2014 01:23 PM

does this have anything to do with terrorism or the malaysian flight?

:troll:

ScizzMoney 03-12-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

..but it always surprises me that i see sooo many people not at work during work hours..

Where do you live where everyone works 9-5? You do realize shit gets done around the clock right?

Think Santa Claus delivers gifts during the day too?

fuck

doritos 03-12-2014 04:53 PM

uh ohs, they gonna say its al qaeda again

maksimizer 03-12-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

but it always surprises me that i see sooo many people not at work during work hours

Someone has been living in a bubble for the past x years