REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
Do you trust 'Glassdoor' reviews

so i'm looking to join a new organization and it has quite a mix of positive and negative reviews on glassdoor. but is glassdoor just a 'bitching' site for disgruntled employees? I don't know... but who researches through glassdoor and what do you think? do you believe the reviews?

of course, some say that some companies even post positive reviews about themselves on glassdoor to bring up their score.

in any case, I will most likely arrange an interview and tour of the office at the very least before I decide.
Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
I've used it to gauge the type of wage to expect and also how the interview process is. I never really looked at the reviews though..

The salary and interviews were pretty spot on though
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Judging from what some friends say about their workplaces it's accurate (both negative and positive). Of course it's only a small sample size though.

Salary and interviews are fairly accurate in my experience too.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

usually the most vocal ones are the most emotionally heated ones (which are usually negative)

but yeah go in first hand and see what the culture is really like

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote