REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #26
I subscribe to Revscene

For starters did you read the link I provided in post 12 about the 30 years of coverup?

edit -
The doctors name is Chris Shaw, it shouldnt be hard to track down his released pdf containing his findings from the covered up documents.
This is a video of him on vaccine safety which Ive yet to watch
Advertisement
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-16-2014 at 07:06 AM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
BCIT student sick with measles from Fraser Valley outbreak - British Columbia - CBC News
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
For starters did you read the link I provided in post 12 about the 30 years of coverup?

I bet if we stopped vaccinating completely, we would be fucked.

Are you saying if we stopped vaccinating disease rates would stay the same?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Are you vaccinated CiC?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #30
I subscribe to Revscene

Originally in Iran I suppose, and had a shot or two in Canada. One probably needs only a handful of vaccines (and not always as a infant), and even those I would source from a trust-able supplier. There are like 3-4 vaccine makers in the world, Iran is currently one of the new ones.

edit -
I just watched that above video and it talks about the damage aluminum in vaccines does to the brain.
Interestingly enough
Spoiler!
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-16-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #31
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
i wonder if anyone has ever considered genetic disposition to being susceptible to vaccines fucking you up.

like, if vaccines are needed to keep these crazy diseases and viruses at bay, but vaccines also fuck up some people along the way... maybe it's just Darwinism. These people are genetically predispositioned to not survive in this world where we have adapted to vaccines.

that is if vaccines do fuck people up. and yes i realise i'm sounding like a cruel heartless bastard, but, it doesn't change the facts.

I also think CiC is just saying, there's a correlation between an increase in vaccines and these disabilities and deaths or whatever. but of course correlation doesn't mean causation. but it's definitely worth noting.

another thing we can bring up is...

who is here vaccinated?

I was born in the early 1980's. I probably got whatever shots are mandatory at birth (if any), and I remember getting some shots in elementary school (everyone had to, or most people did). and like 1 or 2 in highschool.

hep shots, tetanus shots, measles, smallpox?

That's it... i've never had a flu shot or any of that.

I mean, i understand why people get hep, tetanus, measle and small pox. those things are pretty nasty.
but what is this CiC brings up. 36 recommended by age 18? 36? WTF I don't even think i've had 36 needles stuck in my body my whole life.

what the fuck are these vaccinations for?

another thing i want to know. why the fuck do people get flu shots every year? what is their objective? you get the flu, u get sick for a week, and u get over it.
it isn't like tetanus, measles or smallpox or hep. it's just the fucking flu. unless you've got a weak immune system or some other disability that makes u highly susceptible to death if you catch the flu... what the fuck are you doing?

isn't the flu vaccine perpetuating super flus? when in fact most people don't need any flu shots?

what else are people getting vaccinated for?

I don't have any kids, but i know some RS people do... what are kids getting these days? provide some insight.

anyway, i've always been against the flu shot. i just think it's a fear driven market. preying on the fearful and the pussies. lol.

this whole time i thought the people that were against vaccines... were against the vaccines that I got shot up with as a kid. but it seems like they're shooting kids up with a lot more shit if CiC is accurate.

wtf. what ARE they shooting them up with?

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-16-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #32
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
I'll just leave this here:

One map sums up the damage caused by the anti-vaccination movement | I Fucking Love Science

And out of curiosity, how many of you have been properly educated about cancer treatment? I say this because you can't use your personal opinion to judge something like this.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #33
I keep RS good

^

on the bright side, us normal healthy people will have a genetic advantage in terms of superiority and opportunity in this world. lol. there's always a brighter side to things haha...

*flicks hair, i'm beautiful* oh yeah.

but in all seriousness, i want to be more informed of this anti vaccination thing. which vaccinations are they talking about? ALL Of them? what has been developed since our generation (gen X&Y).

i thought there were only a handful of vaccinations.

why are kids more and more fucked up as generations go on? why are there so many allergies now? why do so many kids have skin problems or like... allergies. it just seems like genetically weaker people are growing in numbers, and it's highly visible.

is it vaccinations? is it the shitty foods we are eating? is it the promotion of unhealthy work/production habits (more stress, less rest). what is it?

I mean i'm really glad i'm 100% ok. no allergies, no... nothing wrong with me at all (lol). except these glasses. but, i feel sorry for all these kids i see these days at school. a buncha my generation has kids now, and i have to say... i don't like what i'm seeing. it used to be the odd kid, that has some serious allergy or something wrong with them genetically. but now it seems to have doubled, and that's only in one generation.

it feels like our genetic pool, humanity as a whole, has become weaker. what the fuck is up with that. it's actually scary.

edit: lastly, what is the actual cons of people not getting vaccinated... i mean, there will always be people that get vaccinated right? so when the diseases hit and spread, and people get fucked up and die... it's just the people that didn't get vaccinated right? so... really... who cares? HAH.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
who is here vaccinated?
I am, I also played outdoors in the dirt as a kid. I ate dirt, a worm, got bitten by spiders, stung by wasps, hornets, bees. Played with animals, was a dirty kid!

As an adult, I'm healthy as fuck, I get a cold like 1 time per 2 years, iron stomach, 0 allergies!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #35
I keep RS good

i do realise that humans do live way longer now than before.
and humans are way healthier and WAY LESS sick than before the 20th century.

so vaccines do help for sure.

another point i can bring up is, some people cannot be vaccinated for whatever reason (immune system is fucked up, or old age), and people that don't get vaccinated are fucking shit up for the people we should be caring for.

overall my stance is still pro vaccination. but i'm not sure about those 30+ things cic has mentioned.

i understand we are a society that has progressed beyond being weeded out by common diseases.
we have modern technology. we are not gonna sacrifice that and go backwards to wholey natural selection.

BUT then that brings up the moral and ethics question... if we deny nature the ability to select... who gets to select then?
Old 03-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #36
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
see, if we could cure stupidity....
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #37
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
^ lol have you ever looked into the science behind how vaccines are supposed to work? Where are these figures (# of injections vs neurologically damage) surveyed from?

Immunology and vaccination is a topic studied by scientists all round world. Are you claiming that all of these universities and scholars are stirring up some bs all together?
Two things here:

One, the discussion took a left turn into pharma and drug development, which is a different thing entirely than immunology: drugs are there to treat, cure, mitigate, or otherwise deal with diseases after the fact... immunology and vaccines are meant to prevent you from getting them in the first place.

Two, along with other failures of the school system, there's a widespread misunderstanding of the science and concepts behind vaccines:

The body has natural defense mechanisms to protect against viruses, bacteria, and other sorts of invaders. However, the human body, as a general thing, isn't naturally immune to EVERYTHING - like the Borg shields, these defenses adapt to new threats as they're encountered. Chicken pox is a good example: once you get it, your body learns how to fight it, and for most people, you'll never catch it again. Fortunately, chicken pox rarely kills by itself.

Other diseases, though, will kill or seriously harm very high percentages of people upon first exposure... but exposure is required in order for the body to learn how to detect and fight it. So how do you create immunity??

The whole idea of a vaccine is to take the virus itself, kill it, hollow it out (removing its own genetic material that allows it to propagate), then inject the "shell" into the body, so the body's own defenses can learn to identify it and attack it... so that when the real virus invades, the body recognizes it and rallies to troops.

It's simple, it's effective, it USES THE BODY'S OWN NATURAL PROCESSES. To put it back in Trek terms, it's like hitting the Borg with phasers set to "sting" so their shields can adapt without actually killing any of them.

Will some people react badly? Sure. Those are people whose bodies would probably react ESPECIALLY badly to the REAL THING.

Are there other compounds in the vaccines? Sure - trace amounts of substances that are there to help preserve and maintain the "active ingredients", lest the vaccines become inert or break down while they're being shipped all over the world so you can walk into your local clinic to get one (unless you want everyone to actually travel to where they're made so they can get them fresh?) Will some people's bodies react poorly to these? Sure, just as they'll react poorly to ANY exposure to certain substances.

Problem is, you get a miniscule percentage of people with extra-sensitive or fucked-up immune systems that will have a problem, and suddenly someone wants to make it into a big thing that these vaccinations are bad for EVERYONE... well by that token, nobody should go out on a sunny day, because a few people's skins are sensitive to sunlight. Or nut products should be banned and removed from the planet because a few people have allergies to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Our body naturally have defense mechanism for all disease, except that some disease spread faster than the body can fight it.

Good example given by Soundy is chicken pox. Hepatitis B is another. Then you get into the more severe ones like HIV which depends on the viral load you have and also cancer, our body does its job to maintain them, and if lucky, fully cure them. Hence why earlier detection can lead to cure because the treatment is faster than the spread.

Any medication/drugs/etc you take will decrease the body's natural defense mechanism (even if it's not scientifically proven, this is what I believe).

IMO, wash your hands, keep a good hygiene, and don't share drinks and food with anybody, and you'll be safe.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #39
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Our body naturally have defense mechanism for all disease, except that some disease spread faster than the body can fight it.

Good example given by Soundy is chicken pox. Hepatitis B is another. Then you get into the more severe ones like HIV which depends on the viral load you have and also cancer, our body does its job to maintain them, and if lucky, fully cure them. Hence why earlier detection can lead to cure because the treatment is faster than the spread.

Any medication/drugs/etc you take will decrease the body's natural defense mechanism (even if it's not scientifically proven, this is what I believe).

IMO, wash your hands, keep a good hygiene, and don't share drinks and food with anybody, and you'll be safe.
Your immune response to everything is based off exposure. You are exposed, you mount an adaptive immune response (which takes 7-14 days) and then the invading bacteria is eventually cleared by your immune system producing antibodies. Those antibodies stick around, and are saved as memory cells so if you are ever exposed again, instead of taking 7-14 days, it's almost instantaneous.

Vaccines (the simplest ones) help build the 'memory' so if/when you are exposed to it, it doesn't take ~2 weeks for your body to clear it. Vaccines are made of either an attenuated live form of the bacteria, or a dead form. In both cases it causes a host immune response, which is 'saved' and can be reactivated upon exposure to the real deal.

So I don't believe vaccines are ineffective, but the things they are effective against are very specific, and there's tons of variation between different strains of bacteria -- so just because you're vaccinated doesn't mean you're immune to being sick. Keeping good hygiene, washing your hands, all that is great but a lot of the bacteria/viruses are spread by inhalation of infected respiratory droplets -- there's no way around that

In my experience, I generally get sick ~2x every flu season -- the first time is the worst, second time not so bad. I started supplementing Zinc (50 mg every day) and I avoided the flu. This is the cheapest/best remedy IMO.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #40
I subscribe to Revscene

Here are the vaccines given to B.C. kids.
Immunization Results - Public Health Agency of Canada

A large number of medical doctors put the following out on the dangers of vaccines.
http://i.imgur.com/7FmBGZC.jpg
source Vaccines: Get the Full Story - NaturalNews.com
Original PDF http://www.naturalnews.com/SpecialRe...eReport-EN.pdf

This is a good source for information.
Search Results - NaturalNews.com
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

CiC... if we stopped vaccinations completely would we have more deaths due to disease, the rates would stay the same, or would they go down?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #42
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I haven't had a flu shot in years, and in that time I have not had the flu or been seriously ill.

Of course, I am not everyone, but you can increase your chances of avoiding infection by simply washing your hands after coming in contact with surfaces that many people share. I wash my hands after every outing, even if it's just downstairs to grab a snack or lunch, cheap insurance. Simply put, good hygiene is very important when it comes to health.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I wash my hands after every outing, even if it's just downstairs to grab a snack or lunch, cheap insurance.

Hahaha when I got the bird flu 3 years ago, I was in TD Bank and I had just answered a call from my dad when some lady next to me sneezed and I could feel the droplets hit my tongue

This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #44
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
Of course, I am not everyone, but you can increase your chances of avoiding infection by simply washing your hands after coming in contact with surfaces that many people share. I wash my hands after every outing, even if it's just downstairs to grab a snack or lunch, cheap insurance. Simply put, good hygiene is very important when it comes to health.
Only relevant with some types of infections. Many are airborne, waterborne, or transmitted by biting insects - fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes can carry numerous different diseases and all the handwashing in the world won't prevent you getting those.

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 03-16-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #45
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I googled tap dancing christ and this is what I got

Spoiler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdsnX2Z0a3g

I do agree with you though, for once.
This goes really well with this song

And sums up religion in a nutshell

Last edited by GS8; 03-16-2014 at 08:16 PM.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #46
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
CiC... if we stopped vaccinations completely would we have more deaths due to disease, the rates would stay the same, or would they go down?
All I do know is that I dont want the Freemasonic lords of the underground to do anything with vaccinations. I believe the Amish dont vaccinate, they're still around and dont get Autism.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 03-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I believe the Amish dont vaccinate, they're still around and dont get Autism.

Aren't they isolated enough that disease would have a hard time getting into their community as opposed to urbanites like us that come into proxy contact with people from around the world on a near daily basis?
Old 03-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #48
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Spoiler!

Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #49
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Aren't they isolated enough that disease would have a hard time getting into their community as opposed to urbanites like us that come into proxy contact with people from around the world on a near daily basis?
If you really want to know you'd have to do an extensive search on each of the disease vaccines given to B.C. children.
Also you cant trust the mainstream or whats been indoctrinated in academia for a reliable source of info.

I would start with this lady and the related information in her realm of doctors to know which diseases are fatal and for which vaccinations actually works.
Dr Suzanne Humphries

edit - another doctor
Deadly Vaccines - Garth Nicolson, microbiologist
_youtube.com/watch?v=dmRDGAASUPM
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-16-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #50
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

It's called the Amish fallacy

Quote:
Amish dont vaccinate, they're still around and dont get Autism.
It appears the above is a myth:

Myth: "Amish Don't Have Autism"

Anecdotal Amish-don't-vaccinate claims disproved by fact-based study - The Panic Virus

There are many articles if you google amish don't get autism, the following summarizes it well:

Assuming it is true that they do not have autism, it does not mean vaccines are harmful. That is a logical fallacy. It's like saying Japanese have the longest lifespans, so eating sushi every day will make you live longer. It ignores all other factors.

There is no scientific evidence supporting the theory that vaccines cause autism. 99% of people who have been vaccinated do not have autism, and not all autistic people have been vaccinated. Autism may be influenced by home environment, the experiences of the infant, neurological factors, relationship with parents, etc. It is also possible that some Amish may have autism that has gone undiagnosed.

So if you're looking for an excuse not to protect your child (and the children he or she comes into contact with) from smallpox, polio, mumps, etc., pointing to the Amish does not help your argument at all.

Now, back to whether or not Amish can be autistic:

Yes, they can. Approximately 1 in 274 Amish children are Autistic, a slightly lower number than the general public, but enough to prove the theory that they don't get it to be incorrect. The number is also increasing.

Here is the study, if you want to read it yourself:

https://imfar.confex.com/imfar/2010/webp...
observer is offline   Reply With Quote