REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #101
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Great way to hurt the economy and alienate voters by forcing English and French only tests for a learners. FYI you don't have to be able to read English to be able to drive.
correct, you can be 100% deaf and drive, or be straight off a boat and drive, but it doesn't mean you know what signs say. how many times have you seen a foreign person sit at a green light with 20 cars honking behind him because he cant read a simple sign that says "NO LEFT TURN BETWEEN 7AM - 7PM". granted 100% capable English speaking people do it as well, but 9/10 times its a complete fob. whether they're being flat out ignorant and don't give a shit or cant read...people who don't know what street signs mean or don't know the rules of the road don't deserve to drive. I cant even count how many times ive set up construction sites, put up barricades with big orange signs saying "ROAD CLOSED" and have had flag girls stand there to prevent traffic from coming in...yet ive seen dozens upon dozens of fobs straddle the sidewalk and road to try to sneak around the barricades on residential streets. what makes me happy is that ive seen a few times where we've thrown shovels at their cars and have watched them get scared only to drive into the ditch we've been digging out that goes completely across the road. it may sound like im picking on Asians there...but to be honest, every single time ive seen it happen, it was an Asian driver...usually women, but men do it as well. never seen a brown/white/European person do it at one of our job sites.

Quote:
Ever see those teach English abroad ads in the paper? Guess what they don't care if you can speak their language and they will even give you a drivers licence too without speaking their language. All this talk about they should learn English before they come to Canada is B.S. Lots of Canadians including at least one RS member are teaching abroad without being fluent in that countries main language.
big deal, they're willing to pay to learn English. they don't give 2 shits if you want to learn their language, they just want to learn yours. but they deserve a pat on their backs for paying to learn our language before they come to north America. hell even the ones who take English classes at night school...I could care less if they've been going for years and still have trouble speaking, but at least they're making an effort.

Quote:
If cable goes all Chinese it's because that's what the market wants and we live in a free market society. Do you think I like shows like Honey Boo Boo and the desperate housewives? No but it's there right to produce all these crappy reality shows.
well obviously a good portion of the market doesn't want it.

the more I see this, the more the scene from American history x keeps popping in my mind thinking that it will probably happen when people get fed up. im referring to the scene where they stand outside a grocery store and raid the inside. only instead of raiding a market, its going to be vandalism on signs and a shitload of broken windows here.

you may not like shows like honey boo boo, but you have the choice to not watch it. when there's signs all over Richmond in 100% Chinese, im forced to see something I quite honestly don't want to see. canada is no longer canada, its make it what ever the hell you want. everyone bitches and complains about racism...theres a reason why it starts. they don't wake up one day and just say "I hate foreigners"...theres reasons that build up to it and truthfully, the signs are one of them that gets to me. on the sides of busses, billboards, 20 foot signs on buildings...

canada is slowly turning into canawhereverthefuckyoujustcamefromada

if that makes me racist then I really don't give a shit. don't like it, do something about it. but when shit like this happens and they start bitching about why people are racist towards them...they deserve a boot up the ass.
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #102
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Great way to hurt the economy and alienate voters by forcing English and French only tests for a learners. FYI you don't have to be able to read English to be able to drive.

Not sure if serious.

I guess it's totally okay to have people on the road who don't understand what "STOP" means, or "Left turn signal delayed" or "right turn only", or the speed limit signs. Or people who don't know the names of the roads, or what the highway exit signs mean, or the warning billboards on the highway... yada yada yada. God forbid they don't understand the words/numbers on the dashboard of their own car either. Is this really the type of motorist you want to be dealing with on the road, in a 2+ ton vehicle?

You DO need to be able to read English to drive competently and according to the rules/regulations of the area. Considering all of our traffic signs are solely in English.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #103
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Why cant people who move to a new country learn their language/culture... its called respect.... Its ok to have communities, but if you dont openly share/invite it with people who arent from that culture, thats just disrespectful, at least thats what I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Is 18 the cut off where people think they are too old to learn something new?

To answer your question no I haven't, but let me ask you one as well. Would you have no desire to learn the language of the country you plan to spend your life in, regardless of age?

If I moved somewhere new and all I did was live in a part of the city where they speak English, I'd feel like I'm cheating myself and missing out on what this new place has to offer. I honestly do believe anyone who moves somewhere and just coasts along trying to get by on their old habits is just lazy and ignorant.

I'd be embarrassed at myself, which is how I feel for immigrants who have been here for years and still don't speak a lick of English.
Posted via RS Mobile
you are forgetting though, that's your perspective based on your values.

people are not all you.

have you ever gone to china? or taiwan? or japan? or anywhere in asia?

or anywhere in europe or south africa or south america?

there are plenty of people that are westerners... and immigrants. and they form their own communities and they never bother to learn or speak the local language.

it's actually pretty normal.

every time i go back to taipei or shanghai... i know a few westerners that have moved there. they don't speak or read any chinese.

well a little. they know how to order some foods, and say basic words. but they cant carry on a conversation and they cant read jack shit. except for like REALLY basic preschool shit.

no one gives a shit. as long as they can find a their own way, and survive, no one cares.

no one there imposes their shit on them.

why are you?

example is in asia, groups of westerners go to a restaurant, order shit and u see them taking out certain "gross" things they dont wanna eat, playing drums with their chopsticks or using their chopsticks as prodding devices. all of this shit considered ultra rude, but of course they're westerners, they duno that. u think anyone cares? no one cares. they let them do what they want. they understand they're westerners and thats how westerners are.

why do you care?

why does it bother you so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 View Post

Not sure if serious.

I guess it's totally okay to have people on the road who don't understand what "STOP" means, or "Left turn signal delayed" or "right turn only", or the speed limit signs. Or people who don't know the names of the roads, or what the highway exit signs mean, or the warning billboards on the highway... yada yada yada. God forbid they don't understand the words/numbers on the dashboard of their own car either. Is this really the type of motorist you want to be dealing with on the road, in a 2+ ton vehicle?

You DO need to be able to read English to drive competently and according to the rules/regulations of the area. Considering all of our traffic signs are solely in English.
i don't read chinese, but i get my international licence and i drive in asia fine.

people from other non english based countries can get international drivers licences and drive here too.

no you don't need english to drive. it's why signs are very international and color and shaped based.

it HELPS but you don't need it. and the law and examples i just gave provide enough support that you actually don't need to read to be able to drive.

i keep hearing people say subjective shit like
"if i were to move somewhere i'd spend the time to learn the culture and language"
"I would respect the local culture"
"I would... i would i... i ..i.i.i.i"

guess what, that's YOU. there's MANY types of people.

there are tons of chinese immigrants that have moved here that have learnt english and love hockey and all that other canadian crap.

and there's tons that havent.

likewise overseas. like i have said. tons of you westerners that have learnt jack shit and don't care either. and tons of you that have.

like i said, your values. do not impose them on others. it's not about respecting cultures or whatever. it's called respecting humans and the fact that we live in a GLOBAL system where all values and all languages are accepted. don't be so egocentric... or i should say egoculturalcentric.

you guys have no idea how many times i get in a cab in a foreign place, and the cabbies are all listening to english tapes, learning english in their cars. asking me grammar questions or definitions of words or how to use words.
how many of you are learning chinese, or any other language on your spare time to become more globalized? none? i thought so.

your little worlds don't function the way you want. they function the way the world demands. understand that? the world is not just made up of your culture or your traditions, or your nation or your laws, or your wants and needs or your values.

look at it from a global perspective and you'll understand the frustration which you have created and imposed on yourself.

understand there are many traditions, cultures, wants, needs and values. and they most likely don't all align with yours. and most likely they will live amongst you. AND you will have to deal with it. cuz you live in the same world as them. you're gonna have to share, everything.

and if you don't like it, you can move away, or go to war. i'm sure someone is up to accept your challenge.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-19-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #104
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Spoiler!

(was a long quote)

there may be westerners all over the world who form their own little communities in other countries, but they're little communities, they don't take over an entire city from the locals and say 'don't like it? move away'.

you said no one cares so long as they can find their own way and a way to survive. what happens when them finding "their way" causes you to have to alter "your way"? cause when push comes to shove, I push back.

telling us to not impose our values on others in our country? gimme a break. it is about respect, and anyone who denies it is a self centered jackass who thinks they can do whatever they want wherever they want however they want. but sure, your right, you can do whatever you want, but expect some backlash from others...kinda like the people in here who are against the signs, we voice our opinions about it. I would LOVE to see something done about it, but I don't expect it to happen because Canada is to pathetic when it comes to this shit, therefor I live with it and voice my opinion.

ive absolutely NO problem with other cultures living amongst me...really...I don't. if someone wants to open up a restaurant, give it a name that EVERYONE should be able to understand. how am I supposed to tell my friends to meet me for lunch? "you guys wanna go to the place with the squiggly line that has a T with those two lines through it going up and down followed by that half square thing?".

I understand what sharing is, people want to move here and live with us, great, feel free to do so, im all up for it. but coming here and saying MINE and turning a city into their own...no. its why I don't go to Richmond, I avoid it like the plague. ive had way to many close calls from old incompetent drivers, and I really don't find it appealing to walk down a street and not be able to pronounce a single sign on a store and have to feel excluded from my own country. ive learned our national languages, now do your part.

reminds me of that picture of a guy on a Harley, back of his leather jacket says "I will not learn another language in my own country" followed by an American flag under it....ironically America doesn't have a national language at a federal level...but this is Canada, and we do, English or French, learn it and use it in public. you have friends who've moved to asia who can speak just enough to order food and say basic words...have they ever flipped out in a store/restaurant because the clerk couldn't understand English and what he was trying to order like they do here and start demanding they hire Asian workers?

all this, If I were to...if I did this...if I moved there, etc etc. yes, that's ME, and theres MANY like me. so call me racist, I don't care, cause in the end, its just your opinion, but apparently nobody gives two shits about others opinions.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #105
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
I wonder what people in Europe do with all those countries and languages. There roads must be just chaos.

Quebec stop sign:

Do you know what that means?

Inuit stop sign:

Oh no what are the francophones going to do?

"NAGAASI": stop sign in the Mi'Kmaq (Algonquin) language. Photo taken in the Elsipogtog First Nation, New Brunswick, Canada

English: A stop sign in en:Chisasibi, Quebec

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...u%C3%A9bec.jpg

You also have to pass a road test. Meaning you have to be able to drive on Canadian streets.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #106
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
You also have to pass a road test. Meaning you have to be able to drive on Canadian streets.
or you know.. buy your licence.. or take a relatives.. cuz thats never happened before right
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #107
I keep RS good

Spoiler!

edit: lol, you guys are no different than the white bigots in the USA that hate on the hispanics. and feel that hispanic culture is intentionally there to destroy good ol' murica.
you guys are EXACTLY the same.

this is exactly what you guys sound like to the rest of the world:
his arguments and perspective are no different than yours.

if you think the government or people will actually do anything.... lol good luck.
if americans are much more traditionalist and right wing than we are, and they let hispanics in...

what makes you think a country x10 more accepting, free and liberal, will do anything about your issues around this problem?

and here's your first chinese lesson to help you start off better in this new world:
書不盡言 言不盡意
(Shū bù jìn yán yán bù jìn yì)
Writing cannot express all words, words cannot encompass all ideas.
- Confucius

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-19-2014 at 05:20 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
or you know.. buy your licence.. or take a relatives.. cuz thats never happened before right
Yes take a relatives because we all look alike right?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #109
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
edit: lol, you guys are no different than the white bigots in the USA that hate on the hispanics. and feel that hispanic culture is intentionally there to destroy good ol' murica.
you guys are EXACTLY the same.

Uhhhh...

Nobody is here is complaining that the Chinese are here to destroy good-ol'-Canada.

Nobody is calling for the prohibition of foreign languages

What everyone is just calling for... is just consideration for the host language. That's all. Even the staunchest, most vocal advocate, Kerry Starchuk, isn't asking for anything more than that.

How people are translating that plea of consideration, as an attack to the foreign community, racial discrimination, a tresspass to individual rights, I have no clue.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #110
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Uhhhh...

Nobody is here is complaining that the Chinese are here to destroy good-ol'-Canada.

Nobody is calling for the prohibition of foreign languages

What everyone is just calling for... is just consideration for the host language. That's all. Even the staunchest, most vocal advocate, Kerry Starchuk, isn't asking for anything more than that.

How people are translating that plea of consideration, as an attack to the foreign community, racial discrimination, a tresspass to individual rights, I have no clue.
there attitudes are the same. if they didn't care about personal reputation they would say the same.

The way the man in the video describes mexicans and their culture and mannerisms... is the same way people describe the mainlanders in richmond.

and they're the same people that are anti chinese signs.

I'm sure there are anti chinese sign people that arent racial bigots, but just wanting equal langauge use. BUT you must realise theyre the minority within the group against this shit. most of the people against this are just racist at best. this language thing is just an excuse for them to lash out at the most politically correct thing.

all you hear in threads like this are fucking richmond drivers, littering, not holding doors open, peeing in public etc etc... and MY land MY culture, MY whatever. "if you're so proud of your country, go back to it". exactly like the video of that american.

they are EXACTLY the same.

if they could have their way, they wouldn't just change the signs. they would get rid of anyone that doesn't conform to their idea of canada. which would obviously be getting rid of the chinese. they would get rid of anyone that didn't act white canadian.

I'm not talking about the people you see in the news. im talking about real people. like the people in this thread.

you can obviously see the fear in this thread of the chinese destroying their ways, and their culture. and whatever else.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-19-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #111
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,830 Times in 877 Posts
You guys do realize that this country was founded based on two foreign populations (british and french) arriving, plotting their english and french stuff everywhere, taking over land, and calling it their own place, right?

People feel so entitled to everything, that everyone and everything needs to cater to them. -"I live in Canada, I shouldn't have to put up with this or that". -"That sign that is completely irrelevant to me is in a different language, I don't want to see that shit".

Do you get mad when the couple standing next to you on the bus, or sitting at the table next to you, are speaking another language? If you don't, then why should this be any different? Just as you have a choice not to pay attention to the conversation that you don't understand, you have a choice not to keep staring at a sign you don't understand. If it does bother you, please share with us why its so "disrespectful". What exactly are they disrespecting? I guess it's possible they're making fun of your insecurity, but then so could anyone else in any language or form.

Do you know what I do when I see a sign I can't read? I move the hell on with my life. The world continues to revolve. Things don't stay the same forever. Those of you saying "i would never go to Richmond b/c of this and that", you might as well just move out of Vancouver cause we all know more and more immigrants will continue to come here. It'll be a win-win for everyone.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #112
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
Richmond wont be so foreign to the rest of everyone that lives in the lower mainland.
richmond is only foreign to people that are uncultured and grew up sheltered in their own little bubbles.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #113
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
The biggest problem i have is that most cultures adapt to the Canadian way of living (i.e.: driving habits, basic public etiquette etc) when they immigrate to Canada but i feel like the Asian community doesn't adapt at all infact they try to make it more like China or Taiwan or Vietnam. If you don't believe me spend a day in Richmond or even Metrotown area (Crystal mall). I have worked in the Metrotown area for quite some time and i've been noticing more and more of it. How can you live somewhere for more than 3 years minimum and not know how to speak the language? How do you drive on Canadian roads without knowing basic shit like yield to oncoming traffic before turning left or staying in your own lane. How do you walk on our clean sidewalks for 3 years and still not know that spitting phlegm is wrong and frowned upon (numerous times i have had phlegm spat on my shoe or pants by accident).

If your going to live here respect the way we live here.

/endrant

PS: I'm not saying everyone is like that alot of them are classy and respectful individuals.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #114
I keep RS good

yeah, so now you feel the polar opposite. how do you think everyone else feels when westerners encroach on their lands?

the reason why all other cultures try so fucking hard to adapt to western standards are cuz, there are really only two super powers. THE WEST AND THE EAST.
everyone else is in between and has to suck up to one of them.

and now that the EAST is coming here... they don't suck up to the west. they don't adapt to the west. JUST LIKE THE WEST WONT ADAPT TO THE EAST.

the chinese are never going to bow down to the west. the same goes for westerners. just look around the world. when has the west ever adapted to another way of living? NEVER. when have the chinese? NEVER.

it's pretty simple.
it's what happens when two alpha cultures clash.
the only way to deal with it. IS TO DEAL WITH IT.

or go to war. i think we all agree dealing and accepting one another is the better route.

and like bobbinka said... if you don't get offended when youre in public and a buncha people are speaking another language... why would you get offended by signs....

unless YOU ARE one of those who get offended and feel fucking insecure when people speak another language around you. which i am guessing most anti chinese sign people are. fucking insecurities man.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
Canadian way of living (i.e.: driving habits, basic public etiquette etc) w
explain this?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #116
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Never even thought of this to be such a big issue to most people...lol.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #117
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
explain this?
Every time a foreigner has held the door open for me, it wasn't a foreigner.

Every time a foreigner has said thank you if I hold the door open for them, it wasn't a foreigner.

Just yesterday I witnessed a foreigner trying to turn left on a street that did not allow left turns, it was a foreigner.

When I was in the US, I had a hard time squeezing a thank you out of people for actions that would seem natural here, it's a cultural issue.

I don't see how you didn't know exactly what he was talking about, tons of people blabber on about it every day, and it's almost a guarantee that people have talked about these issues near you.

The fact that people say Canadians are "nice" is enough to know that there's something different about us, and it's an almost foolproof way of identifying who is who.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 03-19-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #118
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post

Every time a foreigner has said thank you if I hold the door open for them, it wasn't a foreigner.

Just yesterday I witnessed a foreigner trying to turn left on a street that did not allow left turns, it was a foreigner.

When I was in the US, I had a hard time squeezing a thank you out of people for actions that would seem natural here, it's a cultural issue.

I don't see how you didn't know exactly what he was talking about, tons of people blabber on about it every day, and it's almost a guarantee that people have talked about these issues near you.

The fact that people say Canadians are "nice" is enough to know that there's something different about us, and it's an almost foolproof way of identifying who is who.
Every time you let a foreigner cut in front of you while driving and they wave thanks, it wasn't a foreigner.

This games fun! Or racist according to some people in this thread. But whatever, "no ones entitled to be nice to you people are gonna do whatever they want blah blah blah you can't stop the East baby come at us bro what you gonna do about it."
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #119

Cultural evolution.

What we define as our culture (or "way of living") today, is not what it always will be. Culture is dependent on the people living in that society. It's constantly changing and evolving little by little (for better or worse). It's inevitable.

China's population is 19% of the world's population. Canada's population is less than 1% of the world's. Maybe we should all be learning Chinese instead?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #120

Quote:

Maybe that's because you live in a place full of foreigner's. Same stuff happens in towns full of white people. Right down the street form were a I live there is a no u turn sign and guess what people still make u turns.

I am sorry you were but hurt because someone did not say thank you. so here:

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

That should cover you for a year. Let me know if you need more.

And here is video of some nice Canadians for you to make you feel even better:

Old 03-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #121
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Burnaby is not a place full of foreigners.

I don't get mad over people not saying thank you, I am dissapointed at most. I've been alive in this country long enough to know that there is a status quo, and that it is fairly easy to see which people are either rude or from another land based on their every day actions.

If you're being subtle about calling me racist, I'll let you in on the fact that a lot of second generation (or older) asians I've met are just as kind as any other Canadian, because they are Canadian. Every district, region, country, and/or municipality has their own set of unwritten rules that 80% of the population follow.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 03-19-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #122
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:
explain this?
Read my comment. If you can't milk your question out of it then I can't simplify it further down for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
Cultural evolution.

What we define as our culture (or "way of living") today, is not what it always will be. Culture is dependent on the people living in that society. It's constantly changing and evolving little by little (for better or worse). It's inevitable.

China's population is 19% of the world's population. Canada's population is less than 1% of the world's. Maybe we should all be learning Chinese instead?
Population doesn't matter at all, If you live in my land adapt to the way my people live and learn the language.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #123

Quote:

I dont know about you, but when I hold the door open for someone it's because I don't want the door to hit them in the face, not because I want him/her to say "thank you" nor do I expect one... cause really, it doesn't matter.

Yes, it's a cultural issue, but people dont just step off a plane and BAM become "more canadian" and start doing things the way we do them. If we keep doing nice things (because that's Canadian) for these people, eventually they'll pick up on it and start doing it too. This is how we help them adapt and adjust to us.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #124

Quote:

Population doesn't matter at all, If you live in my land adapt to the way my people live and learn the language.
So how much land do you own?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #125

Quote:
That's what the Native Indians thought....
This post thanked by: