REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:16 AM   #26
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Advertisement
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #27
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,584 Times in 4,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
Fill up early in the morning or when it's still cold. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline is. When it's warmer out, you're not exactly getting a liter for every liter you pump. Pump on slow speed to minimize vapors when pumping.

That's pretty much all the "tips" I know. Not sure how valid any of this is, I generally ignore all this when I fill up lol. I top it off if it's cheap, or fill when I'm at 1/2 tank. I don't bother slowly triggering the nozzle, I full blast so I can gtfo quicker lol
Those tips you know are wrong.. Each dispenser has something called ATC (Automatic Temp Control) which of course makes sure the temp of the fuel is up to weights and measures standards so you get what you pay for. As well the Veeder Root fuel monitoring system in the ground will go off if the temp of the fuel in the ground has changed drastically.

That being said Chevron is the only gas station that doesn't use ATC and there is no difference at all as long as the dispensers are calibrated every year which they are.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,933 Times in 3,882 Posts
If they weren't raping us so badly for gas I would say the slight premium on 91 (vs mixing) would be fine to cover the bit of extra wear and tear on the pumps toggling more to mix the gas.

But they're assholes so fuck'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS PWR View Post
You did not account for the ethanol in the 87 octane gasoline, which is blended with ethanol (has a lower calorific value/energy content). Overall, you've blended gas that is "lower quality" than straight 94 octane gas.
Mixing is how the pump gives you 89 and 91 anyways, that's why it says "may contain up to 10%". If the 87 is 10% and the 94 has none, the 89 and 91 will be less than 10% ethanol.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #29
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,584 Times in 4,299 Posts
If anyone has any questions ask me I can answer anything you have...
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #30
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
If anyone has any questions ask me I can answer anything you have...
Where is MH370?
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote