REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

anyone know how to connect D-Link Wireless router to a Telus Wireless Router

Hi to all

I will be moving into an apartment with Telus internet package. If I want to bypass Telus wireless router and use my own D-Link Wireless router ?

May I know how to do the set up ?

Please kindly advise.
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

There are a few ways depending on what you're trying to achieve.

If you are just wanting to use your own wireless function because the Telus one sucks and are only wanting to set up one single network, the simplest way is to set up your D-link as an access point/switch and then turn off the wireless capabilities on your Telus router. This way, your Telus router will be assigning IPs but your D-link router will be emitting the wireless signal. Hard wired connections can be plugged into either router.
Posted via RS Mobile
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

It's easier to get a modem from telus rather than using their the wireless access point (gateway).
TELUS Internet kit | Internet and email support | Help & support | TELUS
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
also depends on what services he has from telus. If you have TV your stuck with the all in one. If you have internet faster than 15mbps your stuck with the all in one unless this has changed recently.

like Aznkev03 said do you only want to use the dlink for wifi or do you want the dlink as the main router for everything since the all in one has limited functions
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
depending on the model
i would turn off the wireless on the telus gateway and put your 3rd party router in DMZ mode
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote