REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   plantar fascilties (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693874-plantar-fascilties.html)

GG 03-26-2014 03:24 PM

plantar fascilties

so last year i had a job that required me to walk 8 hrs a day
after a month my feet hurts like shit, its been a year and it hasnt improve at all. apparently it started with one foot, and somehow it developed to both feet.

i already bought one of the best runners with shoe padding...however standing will still kill me, walking not so much unless i walk around the entire metrotown or sth

some family doc gave me inflammatory pills....but does not seem to work

luckily i have an office job now so doesnt require a lot of walking, however im planning to go down to florida disney world next month..which is gonna kill my feet

anyone have similar illness? any tips? or any pain killer that can help me survive 5 days out there?

:ilied:

Spidey 03-26-2014 03:50 PM

consider orthodics and physio. get a golf ball/tennis ball.. usually takes a while to heal as you are always using those muscles. the best shoes in the world won't do much since they are generic and aren't made for your feet.

vafanculo 03-26-2014 04:09 PM

I had this a few years ago and the only way it healed was because I got lazy for a few months. Then I started playing ball hockey a few months ago and it came back. I can't afford to be lazy so I need to work around it and pick and choose my excersizes.

I had a Vegas trip last month and one thing I suggest, as mentioned above, go get real orthodics. Hopefully your work covers them...they are around $500.

Really only way to heal is orthodics and rest. Ice your foot in a bucket of ice water at night that helps take the pain away but wont be a long term fix.

Cortisone injections as well but I haven't done them myself.
Posted via RS Mobile

spades 03-26-2014 05:25 PM

plantar fasciitis sucks and takes forever to heal. Ice, roll a tennis ball on the bottom of your foot, keep it wrapped, and rest.

Rest is really the only cure, I was working a construction job when I had it and ended up having it on both feet from compensating on one side, sucked big time.

GG 03-31-2014 11:43 AM

my mom got the custom orthotics and she absolutely hate them

she said she cannot walk on them because they are so hard

im to the point where im so frustrated its not even funny...suffering minor depression i think

bought the night splint and my god, i couldnt sleep last night. was wide awake till 4am until i decide to take them off and throw them across the room

The Plantar Fasciitis Relieving Foot Sleeves - Hammacher Schlemmer

anyone tried these socks?

sn604 03-31-2014 12:24 PM

you can get someone to do a tape job on your foot to raise your arch

vafanculo 04-19-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GG (Post 8447210)
my mom got the custom orthotics and she absolutely hate them

she said she cannot walk on them because they are so hard

im to the point where im so frustrated its not even funny...suffering minor depression i think

bought the night splint and my god, i couldnt sleep last night. was wide awake till 4am until i decide to take them off and throw them across the room

The Plantar Fasciitis Relieving Foot Sleeves - Hammacher Schlemmer

anyone tried these socks?

So after I read that post I went on amazon and bought the Feetures compression socks. Wore it yesterday and although I was in pain from playing hockey the day before (Thursday night) my foot feels fine today. Normally after playing Thursday nights I don't feel fine until Tuesdays or so.

Only been a day...but I'd recommend them. They were like $25 shipped to point Roberts.
Posted via RS Mobile

Spidey 04-19-2014 03:02 PM

you should also consider doing trigger point therapy for your calves and shins. All the surrounding muscles have some involvement with actual injured area. Also if it is really bad, consider getting a TENS machine. If you don't know what that is, google it.