REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #51
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactZ View Post
If a customer purchases a product which happens to be faulty, it should not be the customer who has to go through their ridiculous RMA process. Instead, they should just replace it with a working one, and have themselves deal with the faulty product. THATS customer service. NCIX fail.
The product is over the 30 day retailer warranty, that is why it has to go through RMA process.

One thing I don't understand is, why go to NCIX to do the RMA? Usually when I RMA my shit, I just go to the website or call the manufacturer and process RMA and ship it myself. I don't see the necessity of a middle person doing it.

Regarding customer service, I've never had more than one. When I meet one, I never go back to that one again, which in OP's case, should have dealt with someone else at the store.
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #52

I've dealt with NCIX at Broadway, Metrotown, Aberdeen and Capstan for in person purchases, online orders, exchanges, refunds and RMAs and I've yet to have one bad experience notwithstanding the slow ticket queue system at the Metrotown location. Haven't had issues with PM either.

ME does have noticeably better service (above what is required) but until they can match the inventory selection of NCIX it's hard to rule them out.

Man, you're spoiled if you think that is bad service. Try going to Atic.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #53
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
I've dealt with NCIX at Broadway, Metrotown, Aberdeen and Capstan for in person purchases, online orders, exchanges, refunds and RMAs and I've yet to have one bad experience notwithstanding the slow ticket queue system at the Metrotown location. Haven't had issues with PM either.

ME does have noticeably better service (above what is required) but until they can match the inventory selection of NCIX it's hard to rule them out.

What makes someone spoiled by choosing a company to do business with?
jakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #54
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
NEVER go to NCIX. I've learned the hard way as well.

Horrible customer service especially with faulty products. I was in a similiar situation as OP

-Graphic card was faulty
-Tech held the card saying it was going through RMA but to find out he never actually send it off, but held it at the store because he believed i cause the problem
-Told me to contact supplier myself if i want to do something about it.

I have boycotted NCIX since.
I had the complete opposite experience. I bought a new computer and I may or may not have had a surge protector and fried my motherboard, graphics card and processor within less then a week of purchase. It was around Christmas so it took about 2 weeks but they fixed everything under warranty and were great to deal with. I would and have gone back plenty of times and will continue to do so, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

I shop at the Langley Store.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:32 PM   #55
I don't get it

A-power > Memoryexpress > NCIX.
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #56
Need my Daily Fix of RS

ncix is own by Chinese (Chinese don't usually offer warranty of good customer service, (btw I m from hk))
they usually get rid of their employee that worked for few years
so they can hire new staff for less wage (I used work at their warehouse and got fired for no reason)
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #57
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
Only had 1 experience with NCIX. Ordered a SD card for a camera to be picked up in store, it arrived, took almost 45mins of lining up to get it lol. It wasn't even boxing day or anything. It was just a random weekend afternoon when I went. Never went back ever again.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:04 AM   #58
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
How ATIC is still in business is beyond me.

Their website - so hipster. ATIC Computers

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #59
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Simple, ATIC owns the buildings around them. Old school CBCs. It is just a "hobby" for them at this point. NCIX was smart to build their own inventory system basically the whole stack from suppliers to stores.. that's why they are able to scale so well. Great business comparison case for MBA types.

I have a feeling the OP had problems with an individual rep not the NCIX system as a whole. I might be biased but I always find certain new techs (most of them are Asian) are afraid of RMA because it "might" affect their job performance. I also thought NCIX had express RMA option?

Most people wont have any problems if they don't need RMA.

As for Parking, Langley, Coq even the Ontario Markham and TO stores are fine. The Kingsway one is good if you go during business hours like M-F 8-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post

Last edited by godwin; 03-29-2014 at 12:24 AM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:22 AM   #60
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
hard for me to judge ATIC's CS...my family was shopping there since the 90's. NCIX/Anitec/ATIC were all on equal footing around that time

I remember Anitec was pretty good in the 2000's...it was like ME which had showcased a lot of products unlike NCIX...but NCIX pretty much decimated them slowly.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #61
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Lol. NCIX.

Low pay, huge workload, and overall, pretty shitty management.

MEMEX service is better in general because the people there give a shit, their paycheques reflect that.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #62
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post

LOL blast from the past. 2004? i dont even know where to put my thumb on it exactly

and i thought ncix's site was bad enough

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #63
I am Hook'd on RS

ive never had any problems with the kingsway NCIX. Bought a mouse and the scroll wheel didn't work. Brought it back the next day and they gave me a new one without any hassle.

They do take forever to restock though. I bought a Ducky DK2108 zero brown switch keyboard which was out of stock at the time. I eventually gave up after three months and they gave me a full refund.
Kisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #64
I am Hook'd on RS

deleted

Last edited by Aria; 01-18-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:57 AM   #65
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
If a customer purchases a product which happens to be faulty, it should not be the customer who has to go through their ridiculous RMA process. Instead, they should just replace it with a working one, and have themselves deal with the faulty product. THATS customer service. NCIX fail.
Standard return policy for most companies is 30 days. Issues after that point is usually up to the customer to deal with the manufacturer directly.

One of the things I hate most about my time working in retail is when a customer would come in six months after buying something and complain that it stopped working, and then genuinely expect us to return it and replace it with whatever new version is out at the time.

I'm all for customer service and going above and beyond for the people who help pay your salary, but there's a certain line you just don't cross as a customer.

FWIW, I've dealt with the Langley location dozens of times and have never had an issue.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #66
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
One thing I don't understand is, why go to NCIX to do the RMA? Usually when I RMA my shit, I just go to the website or call the manufacturer and process RMA and ship it myself. I don't see the necessity of a middle person doing it.
You are right. However I spoke with Ducky about my warranty claim and I simply followed their instructions. Quoted from my email.

"NCIX handles our RMA. They will return the board to our service center then return it. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
I have a feeling the OP had problems with an individual rep not the NCIX system as a whole. I might be biased but I always find certain new techs (most of them are Asian) are afraid of RMA because it "might" affect their job performance. I also thought NCIX had express RMA option?
Correct, Yu Li kept refusing to put the in store manager on the line with me, instead he wanted to be the messenger. He also gave me attitude and stated that HQ will extend my warranty, but frankly, I believe it shouldn't even be a question because they've had my keyboard in their possession since Feb 18th and wasted unnecessary lost warranty time. I would also like to add that AFTER my complaint, the next morning Yu Li received an update that my keyboard had "arrived" at NCIX HQ.

Now with a new update and problem, I have learned that i will NEVER be purchasing a Ducky Channel keyboard EVER again. Here's a quote from my email to Ducky as I'm too exhausted to retype it for the forums.

EDIT* Yay, another LED malfunctioned as i was typing!

Spoiler!

So I am going to be making my THIRD trip to Richmond and I will be demand a full refund and no in-store credit bullshit. I know this time, this problem is not NCIX's fault; however they SHOULD know how much trouble I've been thru already and time I've wasted. I really hope that they've improved in their customer service and interaction skills over night..

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 03-29-2014 at 01:45 AM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:17 AM   #67
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i've only dealt with them online,they were quick to repair a faulty hard drive that burnt out in under 24hrs & send my a brand new one while i was sending the broken one in,
Old 03-29-2014, 02:23 AM   #68
I am Hook'd on RS

deleted

Last edited by Aria; 01-18-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:00 AM   #69
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria View Post
So you're going to demand an OUT OF [in-store] WARRANTY item's cost is fully absorbed by the retailer because
1) [you claim] NCIX took their sweet ass time with their return as Ducky requires this as an RMA path
2) NCIX already provided exchange (as per your original settlement)

Sounds like you understood fully that a settlement means you no longer have any real right to complain in that manner. Also there's no concrete proof that this isn't all Ducky's issue w/ shipping and logistics. IMO, Ducky should be shouldering this one.

Also, as a bit of 'insider info', Ducky and other cheap manufacturers usually lose their 'repair' boards when shipped back. We're talking more than 50% of the time. Oh, and before you say it, I'm not on NCIX's side, just taking the behind the counter approach to what seems like an issue with Ducky and your shitty xmas gift.
Posted via RS Mobile
First of all, I've spoke with the RMA center in Cali yesterday morning and he solidly stated that the keyboard was RECEIVED and SIGNED for on Feb 18th by NCIX. I am not sure if i've mentioned this as well but i also did call HQ to request a report of a status repaired item. HQ then told me that my keyboard SHOULD be at Aberdeen but after our conversation on the phone, HQ tech support emailed me and informed me that the keyboard is still their possession. So isn't it clear on who i point fingers to at this point?

Second, yes they did provide an "exchange" but seriously, I do not deserve to go thru this bullshit again. Honestly, I would much rather take the full refund IF it was an option to my preference. I know its a loss for the retailer, but think about the TIME i've been "playing" detective, searching for my keyboard while it was in HQ's possession since Feb 18th. As far as im concerned, time is money and the time i've lost and the stress i've dealt with plus the trips i've made is far greater than a simple refund compensation. If worse comes to worst, i will get NCIX to call the RMA center and speak with the tech directly if PROOF is required.

I like to add that the only thing that made my x-mas gift "shitty" was the product itself by Ducky and the lack of customer service from NCIX. However, the idea of a mechanical keyboard to her gaming boyfriend was thoughtful.

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 03-29-2014 at 03:34 AM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #70
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
I usually find NCIX service to be a joke with fking highschool dropouts or university grads who can't find a decent job working there basically. Sure doesn't help when they have a bigass ego too
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #71
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Langley NCIX is decent. Plenty of free parking, and the liquor store is across the street. Turn over of people near the bottom of the totem pole is normal for any retail space. However, I do see the occasional old-school NCIX employee that I recognize from the original store circa 1996.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 AM   #72

Thanked 3,733 Times in 954 Posts
What does Kenny drive?
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #73
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
I have literally spent 10's of thousands at NCIX on hardware over many years and have never had an issue. I've had to RMA a motherboard once and an SSD and both times service was prompt. I've also returned a motherboard and graphics card (a $600 Radeon) that failed shortly after purchase and both were replaced in-store after a short wait while they checked the board out.

Never had any issues with NCIX, which is why I keep buying from them (going on 10 years now).
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #74
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I've dealt with the Burnaby location since it came into existence with no problems and I've always liked how they do free computer troubleshooting if it's something easy under 20 minutes. (Otherwise they charge by the hour) The only weird thing was that this was the only place in the world where I have signed my receipt and was told that my signature does not look the one on my card and they made me redo it.

Lately I've been going to the Broadway location just because it's been more convenient for me.

I did do one quick transaction through the Aberdeen location in the past and dealing with them did feel kind of different/weird from the locations. Maybe it's the feng shui.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #75
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
What does Kenny drive?
Magical shopping cart
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by: