REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Buyer Beware: Larry's Hockey in North Vancouver

Long story short, I got screwed over $800 on defective skates and they refuse to even talk to Hockey manufacturer about them and blamed me feet. Told me they were the problem and worse than that, the denied even worked on my skates from " Frank Luongo."

Stay far away!
Advertisement
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
they said your feet were the problem?

WHAT?

fail for horrible english. if you are going to post a buyer beware, at least write a proper sentence with the details!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
x_x

Some details would help...

How are your $800 skates defective?
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
I've had some pretty shady experiences with them, but they always deliver. My definition of shady is:
  • Told jersey order for 18 would be about 4 weeks.
  • Checked back in 4 weeks. Said it was crazy busy at stitching place. Another 2 weeks.
  • Check back in 2 weeks, they say they're finally ready for pick-up.
  • Find out at home that a third of the jerseys aren't even completed.
  • Return them, another 2 week wait.
  • Get them back. The don't apologize, but rather say that due to my numerous "modifications" that they took so long.
  • I look back at the email thread. Nothing deviated or was requested differently from first email.

Their customer service can be pretty frustrating sometimes. That said, they did deliver and if you're a repeat customer like I am, you get access to some bananas deals. I'm talking huge discounts. But, you need to be a pretty regular customer.

I'd be interested to see what the exact problem and what you tried to fix it was. Because I can't see them refusing service like that, no matter how annoying they are. In the absolute worst case, if the skates are within warranty they can send it back on your behalf, but they're not entitled to replace them on the spot unless they're told so by the manufacturer, IIRC.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

there is absolutely no reason to buy hockey gear at a mom n pops store
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice cooker View Post
there is absolutely no reason to buy hockey gear at a mom n pops store
Yeah there is. Here's one:

Making sure skates and helmets fit and to avoid having myself waste time and effort and take a loss on reselling my bad purchase on craigslist.

I buy online goods (most recently a goalie c/a) as much as the next guy, but saying there's no reason to buy local is silly. Most top end stuff is pretty much the same price (if not more if you factor in shipping, gas, letter service, exchange rate, CC conversion, etc).

Unless you're buying cheap clearance stuff that nobody locally carries, buying local for most things is usually the most worth your time and money.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Yeah there is. Here's one:

Making sure skates and helmets fit and to avoid having myself waste time and effort and take a loss on reselling my bad purchase on craigslist.

I buy online goods (most recently a goalie c/a) as much as the next guy, but saying there's no reason to buy local is silly. Most top end stuff is pretty much the same price (if not more if you factor in shipping, gas, letter service, exchange rate, CC conversion, etc).

Unless you're buying cheap clearance stuff that nobody locally carries, buying local for most things is usually the most worth your time and money.
I'm pretty sure he meant because you can buy them at sportchek and other big named stores.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: