REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
Advice on Getting into road racing ?

I have my eyes on a ex-SCCA full out track car. Lexan windows , rear tube chassis, fiberglass body etc.the full deal lol. And was looking into getting into road racing but dont know where to look to get started, Is the SCCBC / SCCA the only club that would be possible to run this car in? I looked into Performance drivers club but race cars are prohibited

Would be good if someone with experience could give me some basic details or advice / links for my options if i were to buy this car or if its even worth it since all the tracks are so far from here besides mission. thanks
Advertisement
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
You may find more information on VCMC's website or UBCSCC. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
Locally, SCCBC is the body that will issue your road racing licence. Every year they have at least 1 driver training clinic where you take the training, and at the end of the day if you pass the training program, you'll be given a novice licence. I am not entirely certain of the details because I am not a road racer (yet?), but you should head over to the SCCBC website and fire off some emails to contact them.

As good as VCMC and UBCSCC are, they are more focused on autox, and to a lesser degree, lapping days.

Even at the amateur level, it's a very big world out there for motorsports. From autox to lapping days, to solo sprint, to road racing (and vintage racing), to hill climb, to ice racing, etc. There are lots and lots of different options for you to explore. Among other things and in addition to your intended type of motorsports activity, you'd really want to consider all the costs and logistical support that is required. (Truck + trailer are probably minimum requirements since very few race cars are still road legal. Besides, do you really want to run your race car and its race suspension and alignment on the street?) Additionally, in case you haven't realized, road racing gets a little expensive. Cheaper alternatives such as chump car and maybe "just" lapping days should also be considered.

As far as tracks are concerned, I'd say we are already very much blessed with some great tracks in the PNW. Mission is smaller, but it is close and has all the basic elements that you'd see in other places (except for elevation changes). Pacific Raceway is only 3 hrs away, and the Ridge is only 4. Both are beautiful and tremendously fun tracks to drive. Portland International Raceway is only 5 hrs away, and a tad further to the east, Oregon Race Park is ~6.5 hrs from Vancouver. None of those are all that far away.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote