REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   ICBC penalty points / premium (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694416-icbc-penalty-points-premium.html)

tiger_handheld 04-13-2014 09:59 PM

ICBC penalty points / premium

Can someone help me understand how this works. My situation as follows:

Jan 9 2013 - Jan 9 2014
- illegal u-turn ticket (ticket paid)
- hov lane (disputed)

jan 9 2014 - jan 9 2015
- speeding 70 in a 50 zone (to be paid or disputed)

what can I expect?
where do I stand as far as premiums , driver risk premiums , suspensions , etc are concerned?

Jan 9 is my 'bday'
have 10 years of experience (does this even matter?)

Spidey 04-17-2014 09:23 PM

you will find out if/when you get a letter from icbc. Also, you should search their site. Got this in 10 seconds ICBC | Driver Penalty Point Premium

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...s/fines-points

dared3vil0 04-17-2014 09:38 PM

Why the fuck would you dispute an HOV ticket, other than to clog the courts and waste money?! :fulloffuck:

zulutango 04-18-2014 05:39 AM

He wants to stick it to the Man!!!!! ...or maybe, the blowup female life sized doll is a real person, in his mind? :devil:

tiger_handheld 04-18-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8457517)
Why the fuck would you dispute an HOV ticket, other than to clog the courts and waste money?! :fulloffuck:

I feel as it was unjust ticket given the situation and the officer was fully aware of the situation before citing me. I will not go into more details than that. It was a case where teaching would've been more effective than punishing.

tiger_handheld 04-18-2014 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8457512)
you will find out if/when you get a letter from icbc. Also, you should search their site. Got this in 10 seconds ICBC | Driver Penalty Point Premium

ICBC | Fines and points for B.C. traffic offences

Thanks for suggesting. I ended up calling ICBC

For those that need to know:

ICBC does a scan 5 months prior to your b'day for violations. So if your bday is in Jan, the scan period is Aug to Aug. If you have 3 points on record, no issues. If you have 4 or higher - read the above chart. If a ticket has been disputed the judgement date will be used to enter it into the system if it benefits you, you can ask for this. Or they can back date it allowing you to pay a lower surcharge.

Spidey 04-18-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8457517)

because officer might not show. heheh.. I mean why else would anyone else dispute speeding tickets. Either you went 1km over or you didn't, and we know everyone does. Even the JP warns those who are about to dispute speeding tickets that that they have to prove they did NOT travel 1km over the speed limit. No one ever does.

zulutango 04-18-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8457642)
I feel as it was unjust ticket given the situation and the officer was fully aware of the situation before citing me. I will not go into more details than that. It was a case where teaching would've been more effective than punishing.

So you didn't understand what vehicles were permitted in a HOV lane? Here's a hot chick :hotbaby: to keep your attention while she explains...
RoadSense Tip: HOV Lanes

evlee 04-18-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8457724)
So you didn't understand what vehicles were permitted in a HOV lane? Here's a hot chick :hotbaby: to keep your attention while she explains...
RoadSense Tip: HOV Lanes

damn i believed in you.........:heckno:

zulutango 04-18-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlee (Post 8457731)
damn i believed in you.........:heckno:

Well..........as Cougars go.......and to some old desperate guys like those my age, she IS hot! :accepted:

dared3vil0 04-18-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8457642)

So basically you were caught driving illegally in the HOV, you fealt you didn't deserve it because you didn't know? Sorry buddy, ignorance isn't a defence. What a tool...

corollagtSr5 04-20-2014 01:13 PM

When I paid points before. They gave 3 points for free, than anything over that was like 100 dollars for every 2-3 points. So if you disputed hov ticket, and the other is in dispute. I don't think you'll get any extra fees prior to your birthday. This is how it was for 8 years ago though.

meme405 04-20-2014 08:59 PM

I love how they give you 3 points for free, except for excessive speed. If you have one excessive speeding ticket they hammer you with the DRP for like 325 bucks for 3 years.

It does really drive the lesson of that ticket home.