REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
ICBC penalty points / premium

Can someone help me understand how this works. My situation as follows:

Jan 9 2013 - Jan 9 2014
- illegal u-turn ticket (ticket paid)
- hov lane (disputed)

jan 9 2014 - jan 9 2015
- speeding 70 in a 50 zone (to be paid or disputed)

what can I expect?
where do I stand as far as premiums , driver risk premiums , suspensions , etc are concerned?

Jan 9 is my 'bday'
have 10 years of experience (does this even matter?)
Advertisement

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
you will find out if/when you get a letter from icbc. Also, you should search their site. Got this in 10 seconds ICBC | Driver Penalty Point Premium

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...s/fines-points
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Why the fuck would you dispute an HOV ticket, other than to clog the courts and waste money?!

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2014, 05:39 AM   #4
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
He wants to stick it to the Man!!!!! ...or maybe, the blowup female life sized doll is a real person, in his mind?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Why the fuck would you dispute an HOV ticket, other than to clog the courts and waste money?!
I feel as it was unjust ticket given the situation and the officer was fully aware of the situation before citing me. I will not go into more details than that. It was a case where teaching would've been more effective than punishing.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #6
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
you will find out if/when you get a letter from icbc. Also, you should search their site. Got this in 10 seconds ICBC | Driver Penalty Point Premium

ICBC | Fines and points for B.C. traffic offences
Thanks for suggesting. I ended up calling ICBC

For those that need to know:

ICBC does a scan 5 months prior to your b'day for violations. So if your bday is in Jan, the scan period is Aug to Aug. If you have 3 points on record, no issues. If you have 4 or higher - read the above chart. If a ticket has been disputed the judgement date will be used to enter it into the system if it benefits you, you can ask for this. Or they can back date it allowing you to pay a lower surcharge.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
because officer might not show. heheh.. I mean why else would anyone else dispute speeding tickets. Either you went 1km over or you didn't, and we know everyone does. Even the JP warns those who are about to dispute speeding tickets that that they have to prove they did NOT travel 1km over the speed limit. No one ever does.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #8
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I feel as it was unjust ticket given the situation and the officer was fully aware of the situation before citing me. I will not go into more details than that. It was a case where teaching would've been more effective than punishing.
So you didn't understand what vehicles were permitted in a HOV lane? Here's a hot chick to keep your attention while she explains...
RoadSense Tip: HOV Lanes
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
So you didn't understand what vehicles were permitted in a HOV lane? Here's a hot chick to keep your attention while she explains...
RoadSense Tip: HOV Lanes
damn i believed in you.........
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
damn i believed in you.........

Well..........as Cougars go.......and to some old desperate guys like those my age, she IS hot!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
So basically you were caught driving illegally in the HOV, you fealt you didn't deserve it because you didn't know? Sorry buddy, ignorance isn't a defence. What a tool...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #12
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
When I paid points before. They gave 3 points for free, than anything over that was like 100 dollars for every 2-3 points. So if you disputed hov ticket, and the other is in dispute. I don't think you'll get any extra fees prior to your birthday. This is how it was for 8 years ago though.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I love how they give you 3 points for free, except for excessive speed. If you have one excessive speeding ticket they hammer you with the DRP for like 325 bucks for 3 years.

It does really drive the lesson of that ticket home.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote