REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Tips on shopping for a treadmill (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694431-tips-shopping-treadmill.html)

hi-revs 04-14-2014 01:54 PM

Tips on shopping for a treadmill

So I'm looking to buy a treadmill in the near future.
Wanting some opinions on what to look for in buying a good one as well as where to go for one.

Off the top of my head I can only think of sportschek, which may be over priced...?
And Cdn tire. But not sure if those are good.

Any brands I should stay away from?

Not looking to spend a lot of money on this either. But I won't be cheaping out for a mediocre one that'll fall apart, or is very noisy.

What I'm looking for in a treadmill- foldable for storage would be great, not crazy loud when running on it, don't need something super fancy or hi tech.

320icar 04-14-2014 03:00 PM

Buy one from Costco, so when you realize you never actually use it, you can return it for a full refund.
Posted via RS Mobile

supremematt85 04-14-2014 03:12 PM

Why run indoor when you can run outdoor like the dog you are.
Posted via RS Mobile

azncreationz 04-14-2014 04:52 PM

I agree. It's time to run outside! But if you insist on getting a treadmill, then you'd probably want a good quality sturdy one, maybe even commercial grade like the ones they use in the gyms (LifeFitness). But then, those are quite costly...which brings up the point, one could just buy a couple year's worth of gym passes to use their treadmill (& all the other equipment there!). Maybe I'm biased, but ALL my friends who have bought treadmills to use at home, end up using them for 3 months and then it becomes a coat rack...and taking up valuable space in their home.
So yeah, if you still want a treadmill, do the Costco route, or purchase a used one from Craigslist that someone no longer uses to save some $.

Wongtouski 04-14-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi-revs (Post 8455310)
Not looking to spend a lot of money on this either. But I won't be cheaping out for a mediocre one that'll fall apart, or is very noisy.

If you're not willing to spend, don't buy one, if you don't want one that's noisy, don't buy one. They're all noisy unless you walk on it. In that case, WALK OUTSIDE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi-revs (Post 8455310)
What I'm looking for in a treadmill- foldable for storage would be great, not crazy loud when running on it, don't need something super fancy or hi tech.

Pretty much all the foldable ones offer a shit running experience, which means again, RUN OUTSIDE.

But if you're still keen to buy one. Here's what you do. Go to any gym and check out the brands, you're gonna get those brands, just a model for the home, which will be cheaper, but they're not foldable. The fact that you want a foldable suggests you maybe live in an apartment? In that case I'd just use the ones in the gym.

skiiipi 04-25-2014 08:46 PM

flaman fitness is where I would go...
But I agree that running outside or getting a gym membership might be worth it.

I wouldn't a treadmill at sportchek.. If anything Canadian tire will have a better selection and assortment than sportchek
Posted via RS Mobile

viciouscoatings 04-28-2014 10:39 PM

I saw some new in box treadmills for ale on Craigslist not too long ago. IMO elliptical is the way to go
Posted via RS Mobile