REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Saleen Tesla Model S

Saleen Tesla Model S Rendering Revealed

Quote:
When we last heard from Saleen, CEO Steve Saleen advised everyone to, “Throw out [their] preconceived notions and expectations,” about the upcoming all-electric Saleen Tesla Model S tuner car. As promised, the first renderings reveal that Saleen’s first foray into non-combustion tuner cars could preview the most exciting and exhilarating all-electric sports car to date.

We’ve already seen that the top-trim Tesla Model S P85 is a capable car that can out-drag performance cars like the BMW M5 and 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51. Now Saleen looks to have completely upgraded the Tesla Model S from bumper to bumper, leading us to believe that the tuned version’s performance will far surpass that of the already potent P85.

See all 4 photos "I'm exceedingly proud of the work that my design team has done in creating these first images of what I expect to be an exceptional automobile," said Saleen in a statement. "We stand on the shoulders of greatness for sure, as we modify the truly inspired design of the Tesla Model S, yet I believe firmly that these images convey my expectation for a vehicle that expands on that heritage and creates something remarkable."

Tesla enthusiasts will now have a choice when it comes to buying an upgraded Model S, as there is already a new body kit available from Bulletproof Automotive.

Exterior upgrades for the Saleen Tesla Model S are comprehensive, beginning with an aggressive aero package. A new hood with a V-shaped bulge is flanked by dual air intakes, and the restyled front bumper receives larger front intakes and a low-mounted, split diffuser. Along the car’s side, we can also see larger rocker sills and carbon fiber side skirts. Aerodynamics should also improve thanks to Saleen’s revised rear end, which adds a new rear spoiler mounted on the trunk, carbon fiber trim stretching between the taillights, and a carbon fiber rear diffuser. Interior treatment should include generous amounts of Alcantara and sporty red stitching.

“As pleased as I am by the aesthetics seen in these renderings, perhaps the true Saleen mark will be best exhibited by the mechanical enhancements that will only be seen as the live vehicle hits the streets this summer," said CEO Saleen.

We can see that Saleen will supply the tuned Tesla with huge five-spoke wheels which reveal high-performance carbon-ceramic brakes with red calipers, but no other details about mechanical changes are available yet. The current Tesla Model S P85 employs an all-electric drivetrain with 416 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque, meaning Saleen’s tuning could create a seriously scary electric powerhouse. The first Saleen Tesla Model S will finish production this summer.

Read more: Saleen Tesla Model S Rendering Revealed

Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,127 Times in 134 Posts
Want. Front end on the orange one looks like the 12C
Posted via RS Mobile
bicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
That's pretty neat!

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
Old School RS

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,205 Posts
I like the looks but the idea that somehow adding a body kit and some carbon trim will result in "the tuned version’s performance will far surpass that of the already potent P85" is pretty ridiculous - sensationalized reporting, anybody?

Does anybody have any info if there is anything Saleen can do to the drivetrain?

Mark
Old 04-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

so from the looks of it , when this comes out i will be paying $2-2:50 @ the pump
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
I like the looks but the idea that somehow adding a body kit and some carbon trim will result in "the tuned version’s performance will far surpass that of the already potent P85" is pretty ridiculous - sensationalized reporting, anybody?

Does anybody have any info if there is anything Saleen can do to the drivetrain?

Mark
from the article i posted above:

Quote:
“As pleased as I am by the aesthetics seen in these renderings, perhaps the true Saleen mark will be best exhibited by the mechanical enhancements that will only be seen as the live vehicle hits the streets this summer," said CEO Saleen.

We can see that Saleen will supply the tuned Tesla with huge five-spoke wheels which reveal high-performance carbon-ceramic brakes with red calipers, but no other details about mechanical changes are available yet. The current Tesla Model S P85 employs an all-electric drivetrain with 416 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque, meaning Saleen’s tuning could create a seriously scary electric powerhouse. The first Saleen Tesla Model S will finish production this summer.
i'm going to go with saleen's past track history at building fast cars and believe that whatever he makes is going to be good.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #7
Old School RS

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
from the article i posted above:
I did see that, but mechanical can very simply mean coilovers and sway bars - my question was is there any indication that anybody can tweak with the electric motors in these cars yet? (Not just Saleen)...
Old 04-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
The car is programmed to get the most range from the battery. I think the could re program it for performance sacrificing range.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #9
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
I did see that, but mechanical can very simply mean coilovers and sway bars - my question was is there any indication that anybody can tweak with the electric motors in these cars yet? (Not just Saleen)...
Yeah the style of reporting doesn't give me a tonne of faith that the reporter knows "tuning" an electric motor isn't the same as tuning an internal combustion engine.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I am also curious about how "tuned" the vehicle will be. It appears to be all styling at this point. Like lowside67 said, how does one extract more power out of these electric motors and how can the transmission be upfitted to handle that new power?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #11
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I have been wanting an electric car for a while...

[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Cars are so fucking fast these days, I kind of want a car around 300-350 hp that is just really enjoyable to drive
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

If I had money, this would be the perfect second car
Posted via RS Mobile
BBMme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #14
Witness protection

This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2014, 01:45 AM   #15
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
^ Lol, good old American manufacturing -- a LOT of crooked stitching in that interior. However, fucking brilliant idea to put in those straight cut gears or whatever they are using to generate all that noise.

2007 Ducati SportClassic SE #72/100
1979 Honda CB 750 Café-Fighter
2008 Yamaha R6 (Track)
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:06 AM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

wait... why do you need intake on an electric car ? o.O
Old 09-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #17
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
has Hyde ordered his Tesla yet?

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2014, 06:38 AM   #18
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
wait... why do you need intake on an electric car ? o.O
too keep electrics cool, similar to why computers have fans......just an assumption though
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote