REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 04-16-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

2005 Volkswagen Touareg Nicely Modified

Up for sale is my classy and head turning 2005 VW Volkswagen Touareg SUV.

Model Year 2005
Offroad Grey Metallic (wrapped in matte black 3M vinyl)
Automatic transmission
V8 4.2L
194,500 KMS (NOT Miles).
All wheel drive
Leather interior
Sunroof

The car has been serviced at Top Gear Auto in Coquitlam ever since it arrived in BC. The previous owner before me babied the car and serviced it at Top Gear because they are right beside the VW dealership in Coquitlam / Port Moody, hence knowledgeable staff connections and discounts on VW parts.

This car started off as a car from Chicago (really close to Canada). The original owner is the one who wrapped the car in the matte black vinyl and installed the wheels and Porsche Cayenne Brembo brake upgrade. The 2nd owner of the car is a good friend of the 1st owner, and both were active members on VAGscene. The 2nd owner purchased the vehicle around December 2011 and imported it into Montreal, Canada (as indicated by the RIV Canadian Certification Label). The 2nd owner powdercoated the brakes, installed BC Racing coilovers and blacked out the headlights as well as install the very hard to find Eurospec W12 front bumper along with OEM spec green tinted fog lights. The 3rd owner was a businessman living in BC but working in Toronto. He purchased the car when he was stationed in Montreal for a few months, drove the car back to Toronto since he worked there, and when he moved back to BC, the car was shipped back here.

This has been a weekend / family car for me, so the kilometers have been kept low ever since the SUV has been in my possession (since October).

I have been stopped and asked numerous times what kind of SUV it is, and if it’s a prototype for VW / Porsche. Most people get a very surprised look when they find out it’s a VW SUV from 2005. Be prepared for enthusiastic chit chats when you fill up the gas or if you are hanging out by the SUV.

EXTERIOR
- Entire car wrapped professionally in 3M Matte Black vinyl ($3000).
- European spec VW Touareg Sport Edition W12 front bumper valance ($1475).
- Green fog lights ($250).
- Badgeless Grill ($200).
- Blacked out headlight with projector lens upgrade.

INTERIOR
- Wood panel trim pieces professionally pained gloss black (very nice outcome).
- Tinted windows to OEM spec dark green hue, basically black ($250).

SUSPENSION
- 22”x10 Rinspeed Wheels ($3000)
- Front Tires: Yokohama Parada 285/35/22
- Rear Tires: Atturo AZ800 285/35/22
- BC Racing Porsche Cayenne coilovers ($1100)

PERFORMANCE
- Unitronic Stage 1 chip so car output is 328HP with 322lb TQ ($600)
- OEM Porsche Cayenne Brembo calipers front and back, professionally powdercoated lime green ($2500).
- Custom built exhaust with brand new downpipes in 2012, Magnaflow high flow cat, factory h-pipe, Sebring Tuning mufflers mated to quad tips ($1300).
- Previous owners have been using Liqui-Moli 5W30 engine oil, best quality ones around, and they have been doing changes every 3000km.

PROS:
- No rust, dents, or damages to the SUV.
- Timing belt and water pump changed in 2012 (verified with 2nd owner of the vehicle).
- Always scheduled maintenance.
- Previous owners of the vehicle were car enthusiasts and took good care of the car.
- Car was manufactured in Germany (as determined by VIN number), meaning higher quality than the lower end VW’s made in Mexico.

CONS:
- Although the car is fine, I would suggest raising the vehicle about 0.5-1 inch. There is no clearance issue at all, but just a little bit higher will make the SUV a little more comfy and going over potholes or bumps won’t make the front suspension bump. Hasn’t affected me so I left it exactly how it was when I purchased it.
- Rear interior center armrest cushion has a small rip. This was present when I purchased the car, didn’t bother me. The 2nd owner said the rip is because of border patrol inspection when he initially brought the car up into Montreal, Canada.
- I would recommend an alignment, and should be done if you decide to play with suspension height. That’s the only reason why I haven’t done it yet.
- Rear driver side door handle feels a little loose, but I haven’t had any problems opening and closing the door with it. Maybe a simple tightening of a bolt will do the trick. Not a big deal.

For basically a show car that gets you and your family around in style (and it will definitely turn heads and receive attention), this is the perfect candidate. You can continue to service at Top Gear Auto, but the previous 2nd owner of the car has been in contact with a few shops in BC (CTS Turbo and PG Performance) and they know about the car.

I am looking to get $15,500 for the Touareg. The only trades I’d consider are 2008+ and newer wagons, or minivans (only Japanese minivans please).

CL Ad: 2005 VW Volkswagen Touareg V8 Beautifully Modded
Advertisement

Stuff for SALE:

FS: 10 Deep Crack Camo hoody size XL
FS: FCUK Peacoat, AJ-R, 4YOU, G-Star, Hugo Boss clothes!!

My Feedback!!

Last edited by Akord; 04-28-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Akord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #2

BUMP

Stuff for SALE:

My Feedback!!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #3

TTT lowered price.

Some ass keeps flagging my post on CL, plz lemme know if you can't view pictures

Stuff for SALE:

My Feedback!!