REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i think she does, if not she would have kept it to herself & not told anyone
Posted via RS Mobile
Heard that from someone as well,

If they are talking it out, it means they are trying to reason or possibly not do something over-reactional.

So definitely, they are looking for help.
Advertisement
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Take advantage of the fact that she is open to getting help / treatment!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Mindbomber and chronix are bang on. For most people just talking about the issue in a comfortable environment with a professional can start the healing process almost immediately. For others, medication may be required due to a chemical imbalance. Masking a mental health issue with medication is way too common and usually unneeded. Personally, I believe that a GP would go the med route without further diagnosis in most cases. Having other professionals like a phyciatrist, phycologist, hell, even a nutritionist to offer some feedback can be invaluable.

I have been through the ringer with depression and anxiety and a lot of it is trial and error. Feeling like a prisoner in your own mind and overrun with emotions can be a scary place but there are options. Stay positive.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #29
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
I've had some PMs from people asking me about my experience with people who have a mental illness so I'll just clarify it here.

1. My cousin was diagnosed with autism but at a very young age. Recognizing it at an early age has helped tremendously.
2. A colleague of mine was diagnosed with depression.
3. My manager's son was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #30
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i duno if any of what im about to post will help but here goes:

my mom suffered from depression due to the fact that was struggling with english which drove her nuts (she really wanted to blend in with canada for us), she had metal break downs a lot & i didnt really remember if she got any help (i was 6 to 7 years old)

i on other hand suffer from depression because i always thought i was useless & in seems that everyone has been tell me about that, my dad was a great man that went to university in the states, worked in big companies & made big money (aka a smart bright man)

i on the other hand was nothing like him, i failed at everything i did, school always questioning my dad, i always get yelled at & i kept thinking that my family broke apart was because of me (my dad divorced my mom when i was 9)

i never really told anyone, at one point i really thought about killing myself but i duno why i didnt do it, i never seek any help cuz i thought these so called professionals are mostly bs (i know someone that paid 300 an hr just so the psychologist can say "im sorry i cant help, its your own problems"

i ended up having a new lease on life by seeing how fortunate i am to be living in this world, my best advice is if u do seek help try to spend more time with her & do things with her, try to stay positive

im 25 & i feel down from time to time, i still talk to myself & blame myself for everything that has got wrong with in world, i always have to force myself to stay positive or else i be off the track

i duno how much of this would help but this is just a little insight on how i dealt with my problem (sorry if i jacked your thread OP)
i thanked you for sharing your story, not for the "professionals are bs". It's always recommended seek professional help if you're considering harming yourself.

I'm glad you were able to help yourself and see that you're not worthless and you didn't cause your parents to split. I wish people would never feel this way but I can understand how as a kid you don't know much better.

Don't compare yourself to others, no matter how successful they are, how smart they are, etc we don't know their daily struggles or what they've went through and may not be as happy as they appear.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote