REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 03-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #751
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

yes international does do the discount on mil/le

anything helps especially with prices going up cause our dollar isn't very strong
Advertisement
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #752
I don't get it

so... I want a awp painted assimov style model gun and hang on my wall for new house decoration purposes. How does one without a license achieve this without Getting in trouble? Where to buy and anyone that does this kind of painting job?
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #753
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
^airsoft
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #754
Rs has made me the man i am today!

decided to take a small family picture of one of the safes.
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2015, 04:25 PM   #755
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Finally got the red dot i've been eyeing for a while now for my AR. Sighted in this bad boy at 50 yards this morning. With all parts I've wanted for this rifle, this project is considered "finished" for now.

Now off to my 11.5 AR build.....

ODStryker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #756
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
So - I am really wanting to get into reloading. ANy here current doing it? I will probably only load about 200 rounds at a time, so I don't need anything too crazy. Any advice?
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #757
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
So - I am really wanting to get into reloading. ANy here current doing it? I will probably only load about 200 rounds at a time, so I don't need anything too crazy. Any advice?
Reloading is something I definitely want to get into. However it's another thing to learn and another thing to put time into. Since I am only shooting 9mm and 556 at the moment, it's not really worth it for me to invest the time and money into it. It's definitely something I will get into when I buy a .308 and get into precision shooting. Hopefully bythe end of this year.
ODStryker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:37 AM   #758

I currently reload for 9mm, 8x57 and 308. I have the basic Lee Pro 1000 for the 9mm. If i hit it hard, i can load about 500 rounds and hour. For the rifle rounds, its a slow and meticuloud process. For me to load about 1k 9mm will cost about $200 in materials.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
I currently reload for 9mm, 8x57 and 308. I have the basic Lee Pro 1000 for the 9mm. If i hit it hard, i can load about 500 rounds and hour. For the rifle rounds, its a slow and meticuloud process. For me to load about 1k 9mm will cost about $200 in materials.
I haven't priced out the materials costing yet, but I plan to reload for .357, .38 Special, and 7mm Rem MAG. All of those are costly when store bought. Just trying to read on what press/equipment to seriously consider.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #760

i guess it really depends on your budget. I picked up the pro1000 off CGN with the 9mm setup for like $150. The rifle press i bought the Lee 50th anniversary set, they're going for $150 new right now. I guess it comes down to how much your willing to spend and how much you are going to reload. I only every make it out shooting only a handful of times a year so i really don't need a machine that can pump out thousands in no time as i haven't gotten to that type of demand for ammo yet. Don't get me know, i still keep around 5k of rounds total of various calibers ready to go at any time.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 09:57 AM   #761
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
decided to take a small family picture of one of the safes.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #762

Quote:
i guess it really depends on your budget. I picked up the pro1000 off CGN with the 9mm setup for like $150. The rifle press i bought the Lee 50th anniversary set, they're going for $150 new right now. I guess it comes down to how much your willing to spend and how much you are going to reload. I only every make it out shooting only a handful of times a year so i really don't need a machine that can pump out thousands in no time as i haven't gotten to that type of demand for ammo yet. Don't get me know, i still keep around 5k of rounds total of various calibers ready to go at any time.
I spoke to Henry at BudgetShooterSupply today. Looking at setting me up with Lee Turret Press Kit, dies, primers, 2000 rounds of bullets for 38 and 357, couple pounds of powder, all for under $500. He doesn't have any 7mm MAG dies right now.

Seems fair, he spoke to me for some time and I have heard a lot of good things about him from other local people that have dealt with him.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #763

yes, Henry is a great buy, and he lives about 15 mins from me. I purchase most of my reloading supplies from him, great guy to deal with. Only thing to watch out with a turret when your pumping out rounds is to make sure you full stroke the ram. A slight short stroke can end up with a squib. such a pain as your blasting off rounds adn the click, no bang but the bullet is lodged into the barrel. Lucky every time it has happened to me the bullet wasnt far enough down the barrel to be able to fully seat the next round.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #764

^ going to see what he gets back to me with price wise, he's putting together a package price for me. However, I found a few grips and two new barrels for my Dan Wesson tonight, kinda blew more than I wanted to but it is worth it.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #765
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
^
Henry is a good guy. We got some powder from him a while back. Now I need to talk to him again about some 45/70 dies. I paid $54.99 for a box of 20 45/70 rounds.

Granted, it is an elephant gun with bullets larger than the average revscene user's peepee.
It's the one on the left side, next to the .308

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #766

^ very nice.. thats quite the elephant killer round. Must be a blast to shoot.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:13 PM   #767

Quote came in - including powder and bullets for the .357 it was $949. Going to have to wait a little to pull that off.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #768
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,327 Times in 5,643 Posts
Eternal, so that bottom one which you showed before is the modded 10-.22 right?

if so, so what do you get as the base model before the build?
Old 03-13-2015, 04:47 AM   #769
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I'd go base model imo

I have customer's who change everything and the only thing that's stock is the receiver

quick question here is everyone here just into restricted, plinkers, hunters or all the above?

happy Friday guys
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:56 AM   #770

the G36 look alike is a base model 10/22. Like incubus said, if your changing out everything, no point paying for the higher model and take all the goodies off.

I'm more into plinking, target shooting. The odd friendly competition between friends, 3 gun style on their farms.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #771

Hondaracer - if you want to do your own build, start with a Dlask receiver and go from there.

incubus - I'm into all the above now. Started plinking and hunting, have now moved onto restricted hand guns. I quite like shotgun trap shooting as well. It's all good, albeit expensive.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #772

one thing to remember about the dlask receiver is that depending on the stock you want, it may or may not fit due to the integrated rail on top of the receiver.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:00 AM   #773
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
^ very nice.. thats quite the elephant killer round. Must be a blast to shoot.
It's a ton of fun. I'm having a hell of a time finding a set of peep sights for it. Not so much finding the sights, but getting over spending $200 on sights and a rail, and another $2.75/shot.

I can't imagine how guys who own cannons feel when they add up the cost of their passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Quote came in - including powder and bullets for the .357 it was $949. Going to have to wait a little to pull that off.
The initial cost is high, but it will pay off in the long run. I'm heading out to test some .223 and 9mm reloads that my brother was toying with. They're + loads, so we're trying them in the Jericho 941. That gun is a beast.

If the .223 cycle in my T97 without problems, they'll work in anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post
quick question here is everyone here just into restricted, plinkers, hunters or all the above?

happy Friday guys
All of the above!
We pink for fun and sport, betting with friends, etc. But in the end it's all about having confidence in my equipment and skills, making one shot kills when I'm called upon. The last thing I want to do is chase a wounded animal into the bush. I don't like my food to suffer.

Quote:
dlask receiver

Dlask is so money.
If I knew how much I was going to put into my 10/22, I would have started with a Dlask like my buddy recommended.

At least I started with a base model.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #774
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,327 Times in 5,643 Posts
With the integrated rail is this an issue that is like, won't work period with some stocks due to design or it will work with some modification?
Old 03-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #775

it won't work period. Depending on the stock, in my case with the g36 stock, it would not fit as the receiver sits inside the stock completely. I guess if the stock exposes the top i don't see it not fitting, or at least will fit with minor mods