REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #826
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Squampton
Posts: 1,019
Thanked 1,320 Times in 403 Posts
Yeah, I think we could work out a trade. I'm out of town for business right now, let's organize something when I get back. I'll be in Whistler that first week of May for a conference, then the Rat Race on the weekend.
Advertisement
Zedbra is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #827
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,347
Thanked 2,339 Times in 790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
that gun show was kind of a joke, but i guess there arent too many here that are much good, $250 for an SKS? no thanks.
I think it's a matter of taking what we can get right now, in the hopes that more vendors will support the show next year. I'm happy with my purchases there.

Sun led mounted to my 1911 plinker.


The light is bright as hell. I did some late night testing in the dark, and it lit up my back yard without any issues. The laser was visible at over 100 meters too, which is just damn fantastic.



penalized Zack Kassian is pleased.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Yeah, I think we could work out a trade. I'm out of town for business right now, let's organize something when I get back. I'll be in Whistler that first week of May for a conference, then the Rat Race on the weekend.
awesome!
My back is in good shape right these days, so we'll be spending a lot of time in Whistler.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #828
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 26,823
Thanked 6,602 Times in 2,293 Posts
Are there any legality issues with hanging guns on the wall?

I plan to buy two of these AR style .22's and hang em in my office, live in an apartment. Don't see how it's much different than most people's storage lol, espeixLly if I pull the firing pins out
__________________
Canucks - ftw!
Hondaracer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #829
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Squampton
Posts: 1,019
Thanked 1,320 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Are there any legality issues with hanging guns on the wall?

I plan to buy two of these AR style .22's and hang em in my office, live in an apartment. Don't see how it's much different than most people's storage lol, espeixLly if I pull the firing pins out
Non restricted - You can hang them on the wall if they are locked and ammunition is not close by.

Restricted - attach a lock and then they must be fastened to the wall. Lots of people drill right through the back of a combination trigger lock to fasten it to the wall.

Storing, Transporting and Displaying Firearms - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Zedbra is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #830
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,571
Thanked 351 Times in 173 Posts
anyone still going shooting up sylvester roard to stave?
blkgsr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #831
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 2,951
Thanked 1,732 Times in 443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
anyone still going shooting up sylvester roard to stave?
for those who are considering going there, don't waste your time going there.

i was up there a few months ago for a drive with friends and there's giant "no shooting" signs up from the rcmp stating that if caught shooting, you'll be fined, and have your firearms seized. its not worth the risk as while on our drive we drove past 2 rcmp suv's while there

although its a mission bylaw - once your past the 14/16km mark, you're outside of the district of mission. theres a spot where its full of cut down trees, that ton of people shoot from. I've seen the rcmp there driving around, but can they do anything at that point? (ps - i dont and havn't shot there in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time so im unaware of how that works. i stick to the range as its easier and cheaper on gas )
stewie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #832
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,571
Thanked 351 Times in 173 Posts
ended up going to squamish and up one of the FSR's

view was much better anyways
blkgsr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #833
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,347
Thanked 2,339 Times in 790 Posts
So I sold my sti the other day, and I've been looking at spending some of that cash on a new gat. There have been a couple that have caught my eye in the last little while.

The kriss vector is just so space age and futuristic. Plus it's a .45 that uses glock mags (iirc). Cost isn't too bad, about as much as a basic ar. But the vector would be non restricted.

a wheel gun. I've always liked the Smith&Wesson short barrel 38 special. 357 can also be used. Cost is less than a grand for a nice stainless 7 shot. Plus it's a S&W, the penultimate wheel gun.

Chiappa rhino.
its a beast, but it's chiappa so you don't know what you're going to get. It shoots 357, and cost I'd just over a grand.


I bought the lower hand guard for my t97 last night. It's still about 7 weeks away, but once it gets here I'm hoping the t97 becomes my perfect rifle. I'll keep you ask updated on that.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #834
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Squampton
Posts: 1,019
Thanked 1,320 Times in 403 Posts
I love my wheel guns - I picked up another Dan Wesson 15-2 with supposedly less than 50 rounds and I'd believe it because when I took it apart there was no wear, no dirt, and the 8" and 6" barrel have never been fired.

I don't know if you ever plan on competing - even just Club shoots, often only allow 6 shots. The 7 shot S&W needs specific speed loaders etc. I never read a lot about their backstrap strengths, as that was a concern on some of the S&W models for years.

The twins:



Not even dirty inside:

Zedbra is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 09:52 AM   #835
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Eternal_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SURREY
Posts: 3,211
Thanked 247 Times in 84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
So I sold my sti the other day, and I've been looking at spending some of that cash on a new gat. There have been a couple that have caught my eye in the last little while.

The kriss vector is just so space age and futuristic. Plus it's a .45 that uses glock mags (iirc). Cost isn't too bad, about as much as a basic ar. But the vector would be non restricted.

a wheel gun. I've always liked the Smith&Wesson short barrel 38 special. 357 can also be used. Cost is less than a grand for a nice stainless 7 shot. Plus it's a S&W, the penultimate wheel gun.

Chiappa rhino.
its a beast, but it's chiappa so you don't know what you're going to get. It shoots 357, and cost I'd just over a grand.


I bought the lower hand guard for my t97 last night. It's still about 7 weeks away, but once it gets here I'm hoping the t97 becomes my perfect rifle. I'll keep you ask updated on that.
you got the LHG? thats on presale already? Damn i must have missed it. But then again, i'm looking at buying a new house so every penny saved counts.. damn having to be responsible
Eternal_SiR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:03 PM   #836
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,347
Thanked 2,339 Times in 790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
I love my wheel guns -
Hey, me too!


I snagged this today when a heck of a salesman showed me this.



Now Im waiting on the govt paperwork. Then time to pepper some steel!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
you got the LHG? thats on presale already? Damn i must have missed it. But then again, i'm looking at buying a new house so every penny saved counts.. damn having to be responsible
The email came to me the other day. I instantly jumped on paypal and snagged it. So with the LHG and S&W above, I have spent my gun money (guney?), but I have a lot to show for it.

Dont fret, the house always comes first. Think of it as a good place to store your guns.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #837
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Squampton
Posts: 1,019
Thanked 1,320 Times in 403 Posts
I've been reloading .38 and .357 so my wheels are spinning freely now. I love'm, going to stick with'm for years, I have no interest in a semi to be honest.
Zedbra is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #838
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,347
Thanked 2,339 Times in 790 Posts
Nice! I like to hear good experiences coming from reloading. The thought of doing some custom loads for both .357 and 38 special is very exciting.

On that note, We had some ftf issues with my brother's 9mm reloads. The double action of the Jericho made it lot better. I could double or at times triple strike to fire the round.

Semi auto are fun. I love my IWI, and my 1911, but cowboys use revolvers.

Pew pew.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #839
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,347
Thanked 2,339 Times in 790 Posts
Ps: if you're interested in the lhg, I'd be happy to forward you the for sale link.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #840
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
4.7Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: burnaby
Posts: 10
Thanked 19 Times in 4 Posts
can anyone recommend a good first shotgun to get? Obvs gonna be a 12g and barrel length isnt a big deal either.
4.7Rider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:22 AM   #841
Survivor MOD
 
T4RAWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,027
Thanked 1,501 Times in 524 Posts
Benelli supernova If you plan on shooting as is.

Buy once cry once lol.

If you wanna "trick out" your shotgun a mossberg 590 or remington 870 is a good way to go.

I own a benelli supernova so i may be a bit biased
T4RAWR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #842
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,571
Thanked 351 Times in 173 Posts
anyone have any interest in a Robinson Arms XCR in 223 with an Aimpoint Pro red dot?

runs flawless
blkgsr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #843
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,834
Thanked 1,484 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
for those who are considering going there, don't waste your time going there.

i was up there a few months ago for a drive with friends and there's giant "no shooting" signs up from the rcmp stating that if caught shooting, you'll be fined, and have your firearms seized. its not worth the risk as while on our drive we drove past 2 rcmp suv's while there

although its a mission bylaw - once your past the 14/16km mark, you're outside of the district of mission. theres a spot where its full of cut down trees, that ton of people shoot from. I've seen the rcmp there driving around, but can they do anything at that point? (ps - i dont and havn't shot there in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time so im unaware of how that works. i stick to the range as its easier and cheaper on gas )
about time!
__________________
Rise Auto Salon

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More


We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Phil@rise is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #844
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,347
Thanked 2,339 Times in 790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
Benelli supernova If you plan on shooting as is.

Buy once cry once lol.
good advice. The Benelli is a nice piece of machinery. I love the tactical version of it.




Quote:
If you wanna "trick out" your shotgun a mossberg 590 or remington 870 is a good way to go.
I love my 870. It is a simple design, and a proven shotgun. Ive tarted mine up with some tactical bits (are we seeing a pattern here? lol) and the only complaint I have is that the slide release on the 870 is hard to reach when using a pistol grip. If I was starting over again, I would get the Mossberg over the 870.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #845
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Squampton
Posts: 1,019
Thanked 1,320 Times in 403 Posts
My Registration showed up and I happened to only work half a day today, so off to the range I went to test out my new 15-2 and compare it with my current 15-2. Well, it certainly is a nice shooter. The single action trigger is almost too light - I'll have to get used to that. I needed to adjust the sights as it was shooting low left initially but then I finally got it going where I thought I was pointing it.



Anyways, here are some pics from the range all shot with my new pistol and an 8" VH barrel/shroud. Targets were set up 13 metres (40 feet) from the shooting line. The lines on the square targets are 1" squares.

















This is one group from my older 15-2, also sporting an 8" VH barrel/shroud:



Zedbra is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #846
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
4.7Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: burnaby
Posts: 10
Thanked 19 Times in 4 Posts
I have herd really good things about the rem 870 im gonna go and take a look at one soon
4.7Rider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #847
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,347
Thanked 2,339 Times in 790 Posts
Be sure to check out the Mossberg too.Like I said, the 870 is great. But it has it's failures. Aside from the slide release its a bitch to get parts for too. I've been waiting months on a slide and castle nut. It's hard to get parts in Canada.


Zed, great shooting man!
Remind me to never bet beers based on our pistol shooting.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #848
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Squampton
Posts: 1,019
Thanked 1,320 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Be sure to check out the Mossberg too.Like I said, the 870 is great. But it has it's failures. Aside from the slide release its a bitch to get parts for too. I've been waiting months on a slide and castle nut. It's hard to get parts in Canada.


Zed, great shooting man!
Remind me to never bet beers based on our pistol shooting.
I have heard a lot of good feedback on the Weatherby SA-08 as well. If I needed a new shotgun for steel shot, it would be on my hit list for sure.

I shoot revolvers - not pistols. Loving the wheels - I need to do some more reloading this weekend.
Zedbra is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:45 PM   #849
hello
 
originalhypa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: online
Posts: 18,347
Thanked 2,339 Times in 790 Posts
Look who became a gun snob. Mr. Revolver

Just playing man.
shoot like that and you have my attention.

I picked up my 686 yesterday. Now I'm waiting for Miramichi to send my registration. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
__________________
woot!
originalhypa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #850
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Squampton
Posts: 1,019
Thanked 1,320 Times in 403 Posts
I would love to try your 686 and compare it to my Dan Wessons sometimes. It could be bad for one of us, wanting to pick up another one from another brand. hehe

You still want to trade the scope/red dot? I'm interested in that still.
Zedbra is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net