REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 12-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #1026
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
As long as I can see a new hole in the paper at 100 yards, I'll be happy.
Based on the reviews, so many folks on amazon are looking for a thousand dollar scope, but expecting to pay no more than $125. People are crazy!
Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #1027
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
As long as I can see a new hole in the paper at 100 yards, I'll be happy.
Based on the reviews, so many folks on amazon are looking for a thousand dollar scope, but expecting to pay no more than $125. People are crazy!
Exactly. It is a decent $125 scope. A little shaky at higher zoom, but they all are like that. My review was on top. Amazon is good for returning items if you don't like it. 100 yards is mostly what I shoot, and I like using this one for when I shoot my Swiss with open sights.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #1028

So alas, my transfer came in and the .22 semi that I have wanted for awhile finally came on sale at Italian for a price I couldn't say no. Picked it up on my way home, now waiting for my regi to come in the mail to get it to the range! It's a Ruger MKIII Hunter with the 6 7/8" fluted barrel.

My new grips came in for my SP101 as well, and they fit my large mitts much better. Rugers are like tequila, once you let one in, then all their friends join the party.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #1029
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

looks great
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:26 PM   #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post
looks great
Thanks Ryan. If I didn't blow the budget, I may have been out your way for that Uberti Silver Boy you are putting on sale.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #1031
I don't get it

hey guys got my first Restricted last week. called the CFO 4 days ago emailed the info required same day.

how long is the wait? i have requested an email notification instead of snail mail. i dont want to call to early to check on the status but i am so excited to play with the new toy.
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #1032
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
hey guys got my first Restricted last week. called the CFO 4 days ago emailed the info required same day.

how long is the wait? i have requested an email notification instead of snail mail. i dont want to call to early to check on the status but i am so excited to play with the new toy.
Wait, what?

How did you get a restricted without having first gotten an ATT?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post

The BC CFO is usually quick, though the first one might take a little longer. On this last pistol, the shop didn't have my address correct. I called the CFO yesterday afternoon and my transfer was in my email at 6:00am this morning.

Oh - and once you get the transfer, you still legally have to wait for the registration card to come in the mail. They will not email the Registration, you have to wait it out.

Patience, grasshopper.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #1034
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Man I've been put of the game for a bit didn't even realize after buying a glock over the weekend that short term atts are not required anymore when buying restricted. Totally music to my ears.

Anyone buy anything from the sales recently?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #1035
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Decided to go line up at the Reliable sale at 7am last weekend. I was the 52nd person in line (got the last playing card for the door prize).

Wanted to get a remington 700 aacsd in 308 to get into precision shooting, however they did not have it in stock. Ended up getting 1000 rounds on .223, 1000 rounds of 9mm, a Leupold vx1 scope and a nikon rimfire scope.
ODStryker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #1036
they call me the snowman

I don't know if it's that I'm not really looking for anything right now, or the sales weren't very interesting, but I didn't get anything gun related this past black friday.
Buddy went to the Int'l sale and grabbed some ammo and a sandbag, and my brother just called from another sale in Vancouver saying he grabbed a box of CCI minimags, but that's it.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #1037
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

have you been hit in the head lately? are you deprived of water?

haha just kidding bro last time I remember you had a pretty good collection
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #1038
they call me the snowman

Hahaha, I did buy some new goalie gear.
I think I'm just well set up now. With the reloading rig, I could always use more dies.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:41 AM   #1039
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
I finally got off my butt and signed up for a PAL and RPAL course Jan 2-3 with a few buddies, now I just have to not look at too many sales until I actually get it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #1040

Had the flu the first 4 days of the week, and that always hurts my wallet as I browse. Looks like my Ruger is going to get finely tuned. Ordered a Volquartsen Accurizing kit (new trigger, sear, springs, mag bushing, pins), holster, McFadden speedloader, Williams Fire Sights, and that spiffy MKIII tool from Brownells.

I almost had a little buyers guilt over all of that...... until I found a set of grips I really want but I'm tussling to pull the trigger on them because they are $100....but they're cool....but they're $100.... We all know how this goes...

Old 12-14-2015, 06:40 AM   #1041

Managed to get my new VQ Accurizing kit installed - that was interesting taking apart a MKIII Ruger. It's not as bad as many complain about on the internet. It isn't the easiest, but methodical.

Also had a friend at the range and suggested I get out of the house, and my sons wanted to go (though one then decided to stay in the car). It was late, only managed to shoot for 45 minutes and I forgot the eye protection.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #1042

The family gave me a few hours to myself today so that I could go to the range, so of course I take those opportunities whenever available. Loaded up, took the big rifles - my 7mm MAG and my K31 7.5x55 - had a good shoot with both of those. I also always take a hand gun or two and I am just getting used to my new Ruger, so it came as well.

There was one other older fellow there and him and I started to chit chat. His name is Johnathan and he represented Canada for years as a trap shooter. At the right age of 77 he had never seen a .22 pistol like my Ruger and even though he was nervous, I showed him how to handle and sight the pistol, also how to bridge his arm to stop his shaking, and on the second magazine he hit 4/10 3" targets from 25 yards - impressive! He let me try his single shot Remington 700 in .204 and I think I have myself a new friend.

Another shooter showed up, so I went to the pistol range and am trying to learn to shoot a 95 score at 25 yards. I can do it under 12 yards no problem, but that extra 13 yards is tricky. I only shot 6 targets for points, needing to adjust my new Williams Fire Sights after the first three targets, but the best I managed was a score of 80. It can only get better with more trigger time.

Overall, it was an awesome Christmas Eve at the range. Now it's Dad time and my kids are so excited they want to go to bed already so that they can wake up and it will be Christmas. The fun years.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2015, 10:51 AM   #1043
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
incubus, do you work at a gun store locally?
Old 12-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #1044
they call me the snowman

Nicely done zed.
Sounds like a great way to spend the day. 25 yards is a good goal.

Now you've made me want to hit the range!
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
incubus, do you work at a gun store locally?
Yes, he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Nicely done zed.
Sounds like a great way to spend the day. 25 yards is a good goal.

Now you've made me want to hit the range!
Like you need a reason to hit the range. So I had a few Baileys and coffee and then some whiskey....managed to order a CZ 452 Ultralux from Prophet River with no tax and free shipping. That is going to be a fun open sight shooter!
Old 12-26-2015, 05:41 AM   #1046
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Anyone know of any good deals locally for boxing day?
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #1047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale46Rossi View Post
Anyone know of any good deals locally for boxing day?
International is having some specials - Surrey. http://internationalshootingsupplies...Week-Flier.pdf

Online - Like I mentioned, Prophet River is having a sale and all orders over $100 have no tax and free shipping. They have a good selection of new and used guns. Home - Prophet River Firearms
Old 12-31-2015, 06:01 PM   #1048

On another forum I frequent, there is a guy on there that is a guy younger than me that has been fighting cancerous tumors/operations and they thought the last operation had got it all. On a follow up MRI, he found out on Christmas Eve that there are new rapidly growing cancerous tumours growing behind his heart and was told that he should 'make all the appropriate arrangements while he can'....aka - he isn't going to survive this round. So, I extended the offer to come up and try shooting some different guns, I figured a little gun powder aroma therapy would help take his mind off things. We had never met previously, I just know him from the forum over the last decade.

We decided it would be a New Years Eve thing to do, so I packed up a small arsenal, picked him up in town, and then off to the Squamish range we went. It was a lot fun and it turns out he is a natural good shooter. Pun intended, it was a blast; definitely a good way to spend the day even though it was bloody cold.

Ruger 10/22

Looking down range

Ruger MKIII Hunter .22

Parker Hale 7mm Rem Mag - this is my hunting rifle

Swiss K31 7.5x55mm

Breda 12g long recoil semi-auto - the whole barrel slides when you shoot and it sounds like a little artillery cannon

Ruger .44 MAG Carbine semi-auto

SKS

Dan Wesson 15-2 .357MAG with 10"VH barrel

This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2015, 11:26 PM   #1049
they call me the snowman

Just about to go to bed, so I don't have the time to put this into proper words. But your range day looked awesome. Well done zed. Happy New year to you, and the rest of you revscene gun nuts.

Cheers!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #1050

I bought my MKIII Hunter at the end of November and it has quickly become one of my favourites. (I can't say it is my favourite because then my Dan Wessons may get a little jelly).

Here is where I am thus far with this pistol - and I don't plan on anything else except lots of shooting:

MKIII Hunter
MKII VQ Accurizing Kit - hammer, sear, trigger, extended mag disconnect, bushing (bye bye mag safety), and spring.
William's Fire Sights rear sights. I may try the William's front sights if I can't stop this Ruger one from coming loose.
Custom grips from 1911grip guy. These are his Slash and Burn grips for the MKIII but I had him make them +0.3 to better fit my large mitts and now they fit perfect.

I still need to adjust the rear sights a bit more, this pistol's sights are different than all my others, but I'm sure I will get the hang of it with a little more trigger time.