REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 04-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #51
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for the very honest response.
Advertisement
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:08 AM   #52
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
PAL/RPAL

Refuse to hunt, strictly sport shooting.

Me and the gf and friends load up the truck with 2 boxes of clays (will last all day), clay thrower, few 12 gauge shotguns, several rifles, dozens of targets + staple gun, truck full of fire wood and camping chairs and head up to stave lake. Once were about 20+ km into the mountain there's spots where you'll find areas that have been logged down and you'll find millions of empty casings on the ground...that's where most ppl shoot. After were done, head to the mud flats and have a bon fire and get muddy and put the winches and tow straps to use

I have shotguns, rifles/some tactical, and a couple vintage rifles from the early 1900's handed down from my grandfather to my dad to me.

Buying a kimber 1911 custom ii in stainless sometime this summer.

Shooting is fun, but can get expensive lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Well there's your problem. Shooting is fun and can get really expensive if you're buying the Kimbers and Sig Sauers of the world.

Side note
Spoiler!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #53
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

heading out to poco right now, I find it gets pretty busy time to time you just gotta go around lunch or super early most the time I get lucky and miss the rush. I kinda like the abby range because it's more private who knows I might switch.

I've been actively shooting for about a year now running a 9mm and a Daniel defense m4v7.
Posted via RS Mobile

edit: theres something better than a lar, ive got 2 beowolfe mags for my ar i can fit 14 rounds

i love my sigs and all but thats too much bling might as well get a sailent arms for that price

Last edited by incubus; 04-21-2014 at 11:04 AM.
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #54
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
What do you guys mean by great accuracy? 4moa groups? lol

It is definitely fun to have a legitimate Russian war rifle for $200. And when you stop and think about that, it is pretty cool that such a thing is even available. Something that was the main military killing machine of the Solviet and Chinese armies 50 years ago can be easily had, very cheap.
Great accuracy to me is taking down a deer where it stands

Dgaf about groupings lol, I'll lock my 7mm into a vice and shoot targets if I want to have tight groupings but at the end of the day putting an animal down is all I care about.

Ever since I got my RPAL been really looking at the desert eagle lol, problem is the magnum research one looks pretty cheap and you can get a very nice .45 or 9mm for the price of this knock off DE
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #55
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
OH!! Btw, I posted this in the where to buy locally thread, but I tried the suggested reply and got zilch.

Gun shops don't stock them or have extra kicking around...

I've a bushnell banner dusk&dawn multi x scope, while adjusting the windage a tiny 5mm set screw (aprox size) dropped out into the dirt and was lost....

Anyone happen to have an old damaged scope that MIGHT possibly have a screw that I could have?

Bushnell will replace it if I could find my receipt...
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I really recommend the shooting classes of Rob at the Abbotsford range. His website is Active Shooter . Trust me, you really save a lot of time, money, and bad habits by learning the fundamentals from a good instructor. Rob is a national champion sport shooter and very familiar with tactical shooting. Sometimes half his students will be law enforcement. Good training can cost $200-800/day, but Rob charges $20 for 3 hours at his weekly classes.

Fridays nights is for beginners, all handgun calibers allowed including 22. Saturdays is more advanced (no 22) and can include holster draws (no black badge required), moving targets, moving and shooting, etc. Can only go on saturdays if he approves you.

I can't recommend him enough and you don't have a lot to lose by trying it out one Friday night in Abby for $20. A lot of people (myself included) don't know how to really shoot until we get professional training.
Posted via RS Mobile
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #57
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Get M1 Garand. Unpinned 8 round internal mag with glorious PING

K31 Straight bolt with Match Grade surplus ammo
supremematt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #58
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
^ Hickok is the man

Want a Tavor so bad
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #59
HELP ME PLS!!!

Yeah, bullpups can be awkward to be reload. From what I've researched..

Dude in the video alludes to the same thing...

Last edited by DragonChi; 04-21-2014 at 11:05 PM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #60
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Yeah, bullpups can be awkward to be reload. From what I've researched..

Dude in the video alludes to the same thing...
I would imagine it's only awkward to reload because of where you would place the mag since it is the opposite of where you would place a traditional mag. I'm sure it would take little time to get used to it.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 04-22-2014, 04:33 AM   #61
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Don't own any at the moment, but shoot every now and then...just borrowing friends' guns.

Love the cz-75 sp-01. Always loved the sig226, but after shooting both. I'd choose the cz.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:53 AM   #62
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
I learned shooting when I was 14. But never shoot since I moved to Canada in 2001 because of the limited options I had in Victoria.

I remembered back in the day, I went to a private shooting field with my cousin. The owner was a complete gun nut. He basically had the entire gun line-up of CS and some more. The ricochet that one feels shooting an AWP or AK47 is unreal... you'd remember it for life.

But a very expensive hobby indeed. I remember emptying a fully loaded automatic AK47 (not legal per se) and it was U$30 or something in that range. The bullet for AWP was U$4 a pop back in 1998~99. By the time I learned how to actually hit the dummy with AWP, I already blew 200 bucks. And that plus the inevitable bruising that last a few weeks.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #63
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I learned shooting when I was 14. But never shoot since I moved to Canada in 2001 because of the limited options I had in Victoria.

I remembered back in the day, I went to a private shooting field with my cousin. The owner was a complete gun nut. He basically had the entire gun line-up of CS and some more. The ricochet that one feels shooting an AWP or AK47 is unreal... you'd remember it for life.

But a very expensive hobby indeed. I remember emptying a fully loaded automatic AK47 (not legal per se) and it was U$30 or something in that range. The bullet for AWP was U$4 a pop back in 1998~99. By the time I learned how to actually hit the dummy with AWP, I already blew 200 bucks. And that plus the inevitable bruising that last a few weeks.
yea its hard to forget when your body is catching ricochets

yea shooting is expensive especially more if you are buying ammo at the gun ranges. the one at poco costs 32$ for 50 shots of 9mm.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #64

Honestly that DVC shit is a joke. Sure if it's your buddies and a one off thing ok, but it's probably cheaper to go get your PAL, buy an SKS and 1200 rounds

Don't have the variety but paying like $3 or whatecer for .45's is retarded
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #65

dvc is a rip off but it's great for people wanting to try different guns before buying them.

I work at a gun shop and coworker owns a tavor and a Daniel defense m4v5, the only thing the tavor has is its non restricted, accuracy and the trigger aren't so great on the tavor and he's not anywhere near being a bad shot.

guys shooting 9mm and 22, from what I'm hearing it's getting harder to aquire
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
. the one at poco costs 32$ for 50 shots of 9mm.
Does anyone else think the DVC rental range is raking in mad profits? I wonder why no one's tried to compete with them. Not only do they charge $3o entrance fee, but they make ~100-200% profit on ammo and targets. Past few times I've went they seem not to care about members at all, and only want non-members there.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #67
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
Want a Tavor so bad
My shooting buddy has one, and it's great. The feel of a bullpup and the sound and smell as the mechanical and chemical interations happen right next to your head is second to none.

That's why I bought this the other day.
Spoiler!

Norinco T97NSR.
I wanted the FDE Tavor, but we try to keep away from doubles in our group. So instead I bought this, and ordered a Jericho 941.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post
guys shooting 9mm and 22, from what I'm hearing it's getting harder to aquire
Posted via RS Mobile

It's true.
I snagged a few thousand 22LR rounds a few months ago when the local shops got a bunch of new stock in. But we have had a hell of a time finding 9mm. Now that my rimfire stock is down, I'm finding the same issue with those too.

I miss my Luger 9mm fmj.

They're like little sculptures. It's almost a shame to shoot them.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Does anyone else think the DVC rental range is raking in mad profits? I wonder why no one's tried to compete with them. Not only do they charge $3o entrance fee, but they make ~100-200% profit on ammo and targets. Past few times I've went they seem not to care about members at all, and only want non-members there.

to lazy to check their site since i'll never go there...but aren't you able to bring you own firearm+ammo there if your a member or something? if not, its probably cheaper to have a truck/suv (or a friend with one), and head into crown land. the only thing i like about the port coq. gun range is that every time ive gone, the people on both sides of me offer to swap guns for a few rounds.

ps - friend i know goes there every now and then, he says that on friday/saturday nights theres a good chance you'll see hot girls fully decked out shooting with their gf's for a bridal shower/bachelorette party or before they go out downtown. any truth to that????? lol
Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #69
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
to lazy to check their site since i'll never go there...but aren't you able to bring you own firearm+ammo there if your a member or something? if not, its probably cheaper to have a truck/suv (or a friend with one), and head into crown land. the only thing i like about the port coq. gun range is that every time ive gone, the people on both sides of me offer to swap guns for a few rounds.

ps - friend i know goes there every now and then, he says that on friday/saturday nights theres a good chance you'll see hot girls fully decked out shooting with their gf's for a bridal shower/bachelorette party or before they go out downtown. any truth to that????? lol
I don't think anyone would go to DVC if they had their own firearms. It's realistically a place for people who don't have their license and firearms to get their shoot on. There is nothing wrong with that but at the same time, these people also don't know the seriousness of what is happening.

The biggest thing for me is that it is an indoor range. This translates to being loud as fuck. That in combination with wannabe gangsters is just unappealing that I would not go there.

As for PoCo, it is an outdoor range! And the absolute best part? People are genuinely nice. Some things that you don't ever see anymore (or at least you find it super weird) is having people just randomly talking to you. At the range, guys will shoot the shit with who ever is around them. This includes strangers. I've had people randomly come up to me during a cease fire and talk about guns, life, wife/gf, how their guns are like their wife, etc...

And you hit it right on too. If someone is shooting next to you and you see something that peeks your interest and you talk to the guy, chances are, he will offer to let you shoot it! I saw a guy with a decked out AR-15 with an ACOG, guard rails, light, and whatever else it was and dude saw me looking over and he asked straight up "Hey man, want to try her out?" I'm absolutely floored at how nice other shooters are.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 04-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #70

If anyone is interested in a cool non-restricted "black gun" check out the JR carbine, comes in 9mm and .45 pistol mags, rifles with 10 rounds ftw
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
And you hit it right on too. If someone is shooting next to you and you see something that peeks your interest and you talk to the guy, chances are, he will offer to let you shoot it! I saw a guy with a decked out AR-15 with an ACOG, guard rails, light, and whatever else it was and dude saw me looking over and he asked straight up "Hey man, want to try her out?" I'm absolutely floored at how nice other shooters are.

bout a year ago the bolt handle on my ambidextrous rifle broke loose (loc-tite and a good tightening fixed that afterwards). the guy about 3 stalls over saw me at cease fire and was asking what was wrong, so i told him. he saw that i was using 9mm and still had a few hundred rounds left, so he gave me his kimber 1911 until i was out of bullets. playing with that gun is the reason i want one now

(was using a jrc 9mm rifle, non restricted, fun little bugger. uses ar15 parts, ambidextrous, and can easily be converted to a .45 for cheap...other than me not screwing in the bolt tight enough when i swapped the bolt to the right side...the guns never had a problem, would recommend it as a fun bush gun)
Old 04-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #72
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
I don't have my PAL/RPAL or any "real" guns yet but I get a lot of use out of my air rifles. Obviously not as powerful but still fun to target shoot and it's cheap as hell depending on what you choose to get, I think I pay something like $15 for 500 pellets. For shredding targets and such without all the complications of a gun requiring a PAL it sure works well.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #73

complications? I've never had any troubles, non restricted you can walk out once it paid for, my Daniel defense ar I waited 30 mins after it was received
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #74
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I don't have my PAL/RPAL or any "real" guns yet but I get a lot of use out of my air rifles. Obviously not as powerful but still fun to target shoot and it's cheap as hell depending on what you choose to get, I think I pay something like $15 for 500 pellets. For shredding targets and such without all the complications of a gun requiring a PAL it sure works well.
http://m.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/winchester-22-long-rifle-36-grain-rifle-ammunition-555-rounds-0751384p.html
Posted via RS Mobile
supremematt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #75
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
^ that's still twice the price I did not realize certain types were available that cheaply though. Damn you, now I have shopping to do

Complications may not be the correct term as none of it is terribly difficult to do, but you need to store and transport the gun a certain way, cleaning, etc. A non-PAL airgun is pretty easy to own.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote