REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 07-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #326
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Another day of spending. I hit both Italian Sporting and International to check out their sales. Picked up a variety of goods, including an SKS, some ammo, another scope, and other goods. Going to go and clean the SKS now
Cleaning out an SKS is just so much fun that I cannot put into words.

All that grease just comes off so easily!

Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #327
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

theres nothing like swimming in cosmoline.

norinco m305 i think are worse every time they come in i gotta wipe it down and i dont know how oil just keeps resurfacing
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #328
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I've been putting the stock out in the sun and giving it a quick wipe every 30 mins and the wood is just sweating a lot of the cosmo out
sp00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #329
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Cleaning out an SKS is just so much fun that I cannot put into words.

All that grease just comes off so easily!

I bought some spray cleaner from incubus' shop and it was like brake cleaner - the cosmoline just melted off.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #330
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
No pics?
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #331

"Gun-A-Day" Summer Blowout! July/05

thought I'd share this, the first post will change on a daily basis. hope everyone is having a good weekend
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #332
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post
"Gun-A-Day" Summer Blowout! July/05

thought I'd share this, the first post will change on a daily basis. hope everyone is having a good weekend
I need to avoid posts like this...

It's like steam sales but in real life.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #333
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Nice incubus!
I'd really like to grab an AR. Hopefully if all goes well, they'll become unrestricted in the fall. Then the real fun can begin!

Until then, plinking at 130 yards with the T97 and open sights.

I can't hit shit on COD-Ghosts with iron sights, but for realz is a different story.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #334
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
you have a t97? shit i just started saving up some change to try and get one. how do you lie it so far?
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #335
they call me the snowman

I really like it. The ergos are good, and once you learn to make left handed mag changes it becomes a fun NR toy. 10 round LAR mags are a good time with Norinco surplus ammo.

I'm about 500 rounds through it now, and I'm thinking it's time for the flat top upper and an eotech. Or a vortex. We'll see what the budget has to say about that.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #336
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Got a new pair of Surefire EP4 ear protectors in the mail today. Wearing them with the stoppers out allows for near normal conversation. Pretty impressive and I like the casual look. Big step up for me over bulk orange foamies with my overears on top for everyday. I think for something really loud I'd still use the foam + overears and of course while shooting I'll use my overears over these but for just kicking around while people are shooting in the vicinity just these should be fine.

Red for the right ear, clear for the left. Great fit (my right ear canal tends to expel foamies). Allows low level sounds to be heard. What's not to like?
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
No pics?
Been busy.

Blowing some rounds up past Whistler - this is a pic of a pic my friend took.

After a good cleaning, looks alright for a 1952 rifle that has been abused. It is so easy to strip, clean, and assemble this rifle.

Made in Canada, 1974 under licence from Mossberg - 400G 12ga. Has had thousands of rounds down the barrel and I'm just getting started with it.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #338
they call me the snowman

My sks doesn't see a lot of action anymore. The 7.62 is a great round. It has a ton of power and is a pretty cheap round to shoot. I can see why guys tacticool them. It's heavy, rough, and not quite as cool as some of the other toys. If you can only bring 5 fund to the range, what will you bring?

Mine will stay stock with the crude iron sights, or maybe a vintage optic. Nothing built after 1954 to keep her period original. It's fun too shoot the old stuff, plus it helps one appreciate how far firearms have come.

I was at the LGS today, and aside from petting their cute little dogs (and blowing bank on ammo), I checked out a Sig ar. I can't find a picture online that shows how cool it is, but yeah. Very cool, indeed. I really hope they make them unrestricted soon.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #339

^ I'm treating my SKS as a fun and cheap plinker, just a little bigger than a .22 plinker. My goal is to get a lever action or two (had one as a kid) - so the iron sights work on the SKS is good practice. I won't be modifying it in anyway, I like it roughed up the way it is. I figure my kids will like shooting it when they get a little older. For $159 bucks, why not chuck one in the safe?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #340
they call me the snowman

Exactly man!
There are tone of guns available for not a lot of money that offer the fun factor. While I don't completely trust their materials yet, Kel Tec has some sick offerings.

Consider this pic an homage to your shooting pics.

The gun is a Remington 870 with a red dot, mag extender, and some tactical shit.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
My sks doesn't see a lot of action anymore. The 7.62 is a great round. It has a ton of power and is a pretty cheap round to shoot. I can see why guys tacticool them. It's heavy, rough, and not quite as cool as some of the other toys. If you can only bring 5 fund to the range, what will you bring?

Mine will stay stock with the crude iron sights, or maybe a vintage optic. Nothing built after 1954 to keep her period original. It's fun too shoot the old stuff, plus it helps one appreciate how far firearms have come.

I was at the LGS today, and aside from petting their cute little dogs (and blowing bank on ammo), I checked out a Sig ar. I can't find a picture online that shows how cool it is, but yeah. Very cool, indeed. I really hope they make them unrestricted soon.

were you in the shop today? a customer was in today talking about his Jericho, I should've said something haha

yeah I need to buy more 9mm and 223/5.56

the whole ar thing is rumor mill hopefully it goes through and higher cap mags, but i wouldnt hold my breathe haha I'm happy with the pcv beowolfe mags

if you were in the shop the sig may have been m400 or 516 7.5 sbr and there was a sweet sig 716 that came in ar10/.308

edit

How did you like them so far Brianrietta? thinking of getting the ep3 and wearing my electronic ear muffs over

Last edited by incubus; 07-08-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #342

incubus - can you let me know when you get one of these in stock: Do All Outdoors ? Steel Roundup Dueling Tree .22/.17 | International Shooting Supplies

You were out when I was there before Canada Day
Old 07-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #343
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
just a couple more pics from that vegas weekend (me in first pic).

edit** i can't seem to post [img] tags from dropbox, so you'll have to click the link. unless someone else knows something i dont..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuyjgxgawi...ndonStag_4.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n03kkycc5u...donStag_15.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zny6mqgl5t...donStag_10.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/twpsg2t7r5...donStag_16.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8fceuceu7...donStag_12.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaz2p62vnn...donStag_14.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/77hetqno87...donStag_17.jpg

this is the quick video of the minigun. if you click on any of the links, make it this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13rzpjnrtz...2014.06.14.mp4
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #344
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Anyone here own a m1 garand?
supremematt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #345

nice i320 always wanted to go shooting in vegas, next time keep your finger out of the trigger :P

I've always wanted to shoot a m1 garand, did you pick one up?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #346
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post
were you in the shop today? a customer was in today talking about his Jericho, I should've said something haha

yeah I need to buy more 9mm and 223/5.56
Yup, that was me.
Those damn dogs are just so sickly cute. It's a contrast to the manly gun shop atmosphere.
:

I'm going to start reloading the 223/5.56. I'm getting tired of $.50/round, while the Norinco stuff is about $.38/round. It's dirty though, totally different than shooting the AE or S&B.

I'm an S&B 9mm whore. I just love that stuff. 124 grain packs a nice punch, and it always shoots dead straight. Even when I'm not having an accurate day.

Quote:
the whole ar thing is rumor mill hopefully it goes through and higher cap mags, but i wouldnt hold my breathe haha I'm happy with the pcv beowolfe mags

if you were in the shop the sig may have been m400 or 516 7.5 sbr and there was a sweet sig 716 that came in ar10/.308
Hopefully they'll come to their senses.
The one I checked out had the 100 round beta mag. That thing was silly awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
incubus - can you let me know when you get one of these in stock: Do All Outdoors ? Steel Roundup Dueling Tree .22/.17 | International Shooting Supplies
Those are the best way to spend $100 after tax, outside of tannerite targets. But the tree won't blow up.

Just don't shoot it with anything larger than a rimfire. I had to spend hours filing down holes in my plates after someone shot it with a .224

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
just a couple more pics from that vegas weekend (me in first pic).
Very cool beard action!
:

Really though, that noob tube is awesome. I'd love to grab one just for the wall.

And the minigun?

damn.........
Old 07-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #347

haha thought so next time ill say something. Sig516 sbr 7 is a little beast but i dont think id go shorter than 10.3 imo but its all personal preference

yeah i love the s&b 9mm, i think ive always shot 124g not unless im being cheap and shooting barnaul. I have some 147g lawman 9mm tmj its a great round loaded like a +p

im waiting for more norninco tins dont feel like buying american eagle its not like paper can tell the difference haha

worse comes to worse im slowly stocking up on hornady steel match 26$ or so for 50 rounds hp match ammo cant complain
Old 07-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #348
they call me the snowman

147 grain would be awesome in a Jericho. The beauty of the IWI is that it's built to be a 45 cal. So in 9mm format it has a lot of steel to keep the bang inside. Now imagine a 750 grain 50 cal shot. There won't be much shoulder left.

I'm heading out to Guildford tomorrow. Are you going to be there?
I need to pick up some slugs for the 870. Birdshot doesn't have the same kick as a sweet rifled slug.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #349

I'll be in till 1, glad to hear you're happy with the jericho
Old 07-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #350

I was taken out to shoot skeet today by a client. I'd never done it before, managed a 15 the first round, then two 12 rounds. The skeet set-up at Langley is well done.