REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 09-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #976
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,324 Times in 5,641 Posts
How much are the hand loaded 7mm running you?
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #977
Rs has made me the man i am today!

what are your guys thoughts on ultra sonic cleaners? Thats what i use but seems like all of you guys use media tumbling. We do have a tumbler at work that some of the guy use but i usually just stick with the ultrasonic cleaner. Mind you i have a medical grade cleaner so that may be why they always turn out perfect. Been contemplating whether to try both.

I finally got my surgery done, now in the recovery stages so hopefully soon i'll be able to go shooting again.
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #978
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Good to hear eternal!
Congrats.

As for cleaning, I'm stuck with what I have and that's dry media. My friend has a jewelry store and uses an ultrasonic cleaner, and it's the best. I just wish I had better access to one.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #979
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Good to hear eternal!
Congrats.

As for cleaning, I'm stuck with what I have and that's dry media. My friend has a jewelry store and uses an ultrasonic cleaner, and it's the best. I just wish I had better access to one.
Thanks, it was quite a surprise. It was suppose to be originally on Sept 3rd but the called me on the 18th and said there was a cancellation and if wanted to do it on the 20th. super short notice but i ended up getting in so that was a relief. Then you can always borrow mine once you have a big batch ready. I have 2 medical ones. One that does about 500 9mm and another one that does about 500 .308 cases.
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #980
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
How much are the hand loaded 7mm running you?
I haven't broken it down yet to the penny, but I estimate roughly $1 per round after 200 rounds. Store bought is between $2-$3 per round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
Thanks, it was quite a surprise. It was suppose to be originally on Sept 3rd but the called me on the 18th and said there was a cancellation and if wanted to do it on the 20th. super short notice but i ended up getting in so that was a relief. Then you can always borrow mine once you have a big batch ready. I have 2 medical ones. One that does about 500 9mm and another one that does about 500 .308 cases.
Good to hear you finally got the surgery - I always say you are only as old as your spine.

As for media/ultrasonic/wet tumbling - I think they all accomplish the same results, it just comes down to how 'clean' and shiny you want them. I watched a Jerry Michulek video where he tumbles his brass in a cement mixer - and he sets records. Pick your poison.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #981

I am seriously considering a Ruger Single Six - I love my wheel guns now. Does anyone have one, or some time behind one? I can't find a single negative thing about this gun, I'm on that brain wave that I think cannot be stopped once it gets going. . I need more therapy - group therapy.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #982
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
I will head out to grab my reloading gear this week. As of now I'm using my dad's setup but once you're better we should get together and have a reloading party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
I am seriously considering a Ruger Single Six - I love my wheel guns now. Does anyone have one, or some time behind one? I can't find a single negative thing about this gun, I'm on that brain wave that I think cannot be stopped once it gets going. . I need more therapy - group therapy.
The only bad thing I can think of with the Ruger is the way the grip handle hangs so far back off the chassis.

That said, I'm being a bitch about it. I have never shot the Ruger, and chances are I'm making excuses because my shooting budget is gone this year after getting set up for reloading.

I'm a Smith and Wesson guy. Something about how they feel is just perfect. In fact, I should head to the range and shoot today. The Int'l guys are usually there on mondays. Maybe incubus will be there?

This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #983
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
anyone been to the new range in Langley yet? found it through a groupon which says their suppose to be opened mid September. sooo Im guessing it should be open?

INDOOR SHOOTING LANGLEY RANGE FIREARMS GUNS

https://www.groupon.com/deals/the-range-langley

thinking about getting that 15 month membership groupon deal lol

Last edited by Vansterdam; 09-22-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #984

Haven't been - tell me what the tactical range is all about. :

Going to stop in Reliable and check out some .22s today. **cue music**
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #985
ESKETIT

Quote:

Im more interested in that Chuck Norris lounge
Old 09-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #986
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
anyone been to the new range in Langley yet? found it through a groupon which says their suppose to be opened mid September. sooo Im guessing it should be open?
It's close to my work, so I'll drive by today.
But it was supposed to open in May, July, August, and now September. I'm signed up for the 15 month, but I won't pay a dime until I know it's going to open.

I recommend the same. I met the guys, and they're shooters, not businessmen.

But I really hope that it opens. I have been hankering for a good monday pistol day after work. That's the member's only day.

Quote:

You are such a gun whore, I love it!

This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #987
ESKETIT

Quote:
It's close to my work, so I'll drive by today.
But it was supposed to open in May, July, August, and now September. I'm signed up for the 15 month, but I won't pay a dime until I know it's going to open.

I recommend the same. I met the guys, and they're shooters, not businessmen.

But I really hope that it opens. I have been hankering for a good monday pistol day after work. That's the member's only day.

You are such a gun whore, I love it!

hmm Im curious if I buy that groupon for 15 months does it start the day I pay for it OR when the range opens
Old 09-22-2015, 12:06 PM   #988
they call me the snowman

It should start the day it opens.
I'm still trying to get the hell out of the office, and off to the range. But it's been a busy, yet unprofitable day.

Business in Canada in 2015 is teh horrible.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:22 PM   #989
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:

another 10/22 with the magpul stock
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #990

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post
another 10/22 with the magpul stock
Na, looking for a good .22 pistol or revolver. Haven't been able to find a Single Six or Single Ten. Mildly interested in the Browning Buckmark Plus UDX and the Ruger 22/45 LITE. I'm goping to read up on those two a bit more. After reading about a lot of ongoing S&W issues and over a year at times to get responses for warranty, I am scratching them off my list/
Old 09-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #991
they call me the snowman

I have the Sig 1911-22 and its a fun toy. I also have an inforce green led weapon light and a cool holster from Israel. For a grand total of around $500, it's a nice piece.

Just have the trigger worked over. It's not the most silky out of the box.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #992

Quote:
I have the Sig 1911-22 and its a fun toy. I also have an inforce green led weapon light and a cool holster from Israel. For a grand total of around $500, it's a nice piece.

Just have the trigger worked over. It's not the most silky out of the box.
I never really thought about the GSG/Sig format, the 1911 isn't really my thing, but perhaps I should consider it. Nonetheless, until I scratch the Single Six/Ten off the list I won't be making any decisions. I really liked the feel of the Buck Mark UDX in my hand - the wide and double canted trigger fealt good holding in both hands, which is what I want as I like to shoot single handed with both.

Off the list already: Ruger Bearcat, S&W 617, Bersa 22, and the Alpha S&W clone.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #993
they call me the snowman

I wish I could give you the 1911-22 for a week so you could get to know it. It was the first pistol I that bought, pretty much on a whim. But the 1911 chassis works so well. I love the dovetail, and how the gun fits in my hand.

The buckmark is a nice piece too. There are so many choices in the restricted market right now. It's a great time to be in buying mode.

For rimfire, have you considered the charger pistol? Lots of aftermarket out there for the ruger.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #994

How accurate is the GSG? I want to try out a few shoots and I want something comfortable for my large hands and also accurate.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #995

Just reloaded 20 precise rounds for my 7mm MAG. Going hunting so very soon and I am already having troubles sleeping with anticipation....like a kid on Xmas Eve.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2015, 10:10 PM   #996
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

did the liberals lock this thread?
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #997

I was just coming here to post in this thread - I was wondering the same thing.

So I picked up a Ruger SP101 .22LR and it has the typical stiff DA. So, I am thinking of doing an order for a Wolff spring set. Seeing as how there is a minimum $25 USD order and my set is only $10 (and I don't need or Wolff doesn't have other springs for my guns), I was wondering if anyone else wants to order springs with me to get one order shipped up?
Old 11-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #998
I don't get it

So where are all the good deals this holiday season

I did the 5am reliable lineup last year and am going to skip that one.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #999

Italian Sporting Goods will be the second week of December. I just got a great deal on a 1967 Browning A5 20g Magnum from them - I can't wait to try this beauty out.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:47 AM   #1000

Support your local gun shop - they'll treat you right over time. This A5 looks like it has barely been shot - I'm still grinning over this purchase.

This post thanked by: