REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 02-18-2016, 09:10 AM   #1176
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
we should all meet up for a range day in the future!
I was going to go today, but I'm afraid that my target is going to float away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post

also cgn seems to have a lot of keyboard commandos

lol @ keyboard commandos.
You probably see a lot of these folks coming into the store. It reminds me of the old days of RS, where a guy would talk so much trash online. Then the day of the meet comes, and he's the skinny little dude who keeps to himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray666 View Post
Or why someone would get a Rolex over a cheapo $10 watch.
You can also factor in resale value. You're always going to get more value for your Trijicon or Elcan, over your NC Star or Tasco. Not that there is anything wrong with either, but you can't argue against the quality of Mil spec equipment.
Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #1177
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^^also buy once, cry once. Something I am a firm believer in.
ray666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #1178
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray666 View Post
^^^also buy once, cry once. Something I am a firm believer in.
I learned that really quick. I also learned though that it does not always mean 'pay the most money' to get what you need.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2016, 10:24 AM   #1179
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
I've been shooting with some law enforcement and ert guys lately.

I'd have to meet people first before shooting with them, you can't trust everyone you meet on the Internet. that being said I've met some cool people in this thread and some of them have awesome collections and are tight lip about them, some others like to tease us haha.

here is the last few range trip cool with the undercover ccw

EDIT ** will upload these later**
also cgn seems to have a lot of keyboard commandos
This right here.

I've met some pretty cool people in RS and some really weird ones that I would not want to be associated with.

This is double true for when you're going to the range with live ammunition.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #1180

I had a great 'work from the range' day today. My kinda day. I got my new Steyr dialed in at 100 and I met my first mall ninja.

You name the highest price glass or rifle, and that is what he wanted or needed to have because the internet told him so. His newest two acquisitions were a Sako Finnlight in 375 H&H with a Swaro Z6 1.7-10 illuminated scope on it. This was brand new and he had already replaced the scope because the 'old' Zeiss 5-25 was just 'too much' magnification and his one and only hunt that proved to be not needed, so he was going all low power. Anyways, this guy could not hit the broad side of a barn - even with his lead sleds. And this infuriated him, swearing so much any sailor would have been envious.

His other rifle was an AR platform in .308, I forget the name but it was heavy as hell and he said it cost over $5000 with the upper and his new tactical scope, something else brand new and 'what CGN says is the best', cost him over $3000 as well. Anyways, that scope he didn't read the instructions and it was moving up and down quite a bit. I noticed 4 tension screws at the front and asked him if he needed to tighten those? He started swearing even more.

I let him try my new Steyr Prohunter, because he apparently had two of them - one in .270 and the other in 300 WM, and both of them didn't shoot well for him either. I told him to try mine out, with my new Nikon scope. Same thing, he has about a 4" group in his lead sled and I was shooting 1" groups at 100 yards with only a front wood rest and factory Norma ammo. He liked the scope and asked how much I paid for it? When I told him under $600 he started swearing again. Anyways, the guy was nice enough to me and all, but I cannot stop giggling and needed to tell someone; he's on CGN so I can't tell the story there.

Target attached - Norma 130g .270WIN at 100 yards shot with my Steyr Prohunter. The 4th round was always giving me a flyer - I think the barrel just gets too hot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-02-19 12.18.22 (Small).jpg (100.7 KB, 0 views)
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #1181
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

sounds like someone in this thread

I love it when guys shoot around me have the nicer gear and guns but don't know to shoot them. end of the day it's the person behind the gun and I always see it that I'm new and have something to learn on a daily basis.
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2016, 03:07 AM   #1182
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
sounds like someone in this thread

I love it when guys shoot around me have the nicer gear and guns but don't know to shoot them. end of the day it's the person behind the gun and I always see it that I'm new and have something to learn on a daily basis.
wonder who

Im just looking to upgrade my primary first rifle. minor mods here and there but nothing too crazy. Ive been missing a scope/optics and have been using the flip up sights, so I don't mind shelling out a bit for the spectre.Ive read/heard nothing about good things about it asides the price. might just go with the mepro21 doe

Last edited by Vansterdam; 02-20-2016 at 03:15 AM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:32 AM   #1183
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Targets are targets, I couldn't care less about people talking big about their range shots really. Anyone with enough time can get in their practice and take 10 seconds a shot to get good groupings.

Taking an animal is when you're actually tested. The amount of people who I've grown up with whether they be my parents and grandparents friends or even my own who have gotten into hunting who can actually shoot when the pressure is on is like a quarter of the gun owners I know lol.

If you can't get your shots dialed in at the range, please don't go out in the bush and start gut shooting all the animals lol
Old 02-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #1184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Targets are targets, I couldn't care less about people talking big about their range shots really. Anyone with enough time can get in their practice and take 10 seconds a shot to get good groupings.

Taking an animal is when you're actually tested. The amount of people who I've grown up with whether they be my parents and grandparents friends or even my own who have gotten into hunting who can actually shoot when the pressure is on is like a quarter of the gun owners I know lol.

If you can't get your shots dialed in at the range, please don't go out in the bush and start gut shooting all the animals lol
I agree - and many 'hunters' never practice like they play; hence, I shoot off-hand more often than not. I cannot figure out these guys that come with Lead Sleds, clean their rifle after every shot, want a clover leaf grouping, and then keep buying different guns and throwing money after that clover leaf yet claim they are doing it for hunting.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:56 PM   #1185
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Great deal for someone looking for Ruger 10/22
Ruger Model 10/22 Carbine Wood Stock .22LR - Wanstalls Online
$289 + $10 flat shipping (for those too lazy to drive).
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2016, 03:02 PM   #1186
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Anybody know where to go to get a rear sight on an M&P re-aligned? Mine is off-center going towards the left.

I don't have any caliper or fine measurement device to do this properly.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #1187
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Any gun shop can do it in no time. All you need really is a vise and a drift tool. Nothing too complicated. Shouldnt take more than 15 mins to do.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #1188
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
long shot (pun??) but Im looking to trade my Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 in MRAD for something 6-24. another HST, or pay a few bucks on top for a PST or Sightron, etc

Scope is on my Rem700 308 with about 80 rounds thu it. Love the scope but my eyes suck and Im looking to start reaching out farther this year. I should have bought a 6-24 to begin with but I thought I would double duty the scope at the range and hunting. I shoulda known better.

http://www.grouseriver.com/Vortex-Vi...9=VMR-1%20MRAD

shoot me a pm as I dont follow this thread closely enough
Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #1189
they call me the snowman

I got to shoot a new gen sub 2000 yesterday, and was impressed. We were stuck at the 25 yard range (stupid leos.....), but with the 9mm and iron sights it was perfect. My grouping was 10 shots in the 3" target. Nothing to get excited about, but since I was shooting from a standing position I think it was a good start.

I'll be going to our AGM in a couple of weeks to voice my concerns about the club renting out both the 50 and 100 yard range. It's absolute garbage that I am relegated to the 25 yard, even though I'm a member of the club.

For the record, yes I am pissed about that.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #1190

Is it possible to get a half decent safe for around 300-350? Don't need anything crazy
Old 02-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #1191
they call me the snowman

Costco is where I got my safe. But for $350, you're not going to get something with a lot of space. For $469, you can get a nice safe from there, but it's only 2.3 cubic feet.

I bought a sheet metal style safe from Canadian Tire for $149. It's a big safe, but I only use it to store ammo, or overnight storage of guns that I'm working on. I wouldn't keep my collection in there.

Does anyone know where I can get a Ruger Charger pistol in Canada?
Prophet River has a nice one with a Boyd's stock. But if I could find one locally with a factory stock, I would be happy.

thanks!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #1192

Quote:
Is it possible to get a half decent safe for around 300-350? Don't need anything crazy
Executive Lock & Safe Ltd. These guys have a bunch of used safes in the back of their shop. Cash talks, his wife with the big tatas wears the pants and she likes expensive things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Prophet River has a nice one with a Boyd's stock. But if I could find one locally with a factory stock, I would be happy.
Just order from Prophet River. Clay there is the owner and he is awesome to deal with. I have bought three rifles from them since Christmas and he always tried to respond to emails within 15 minutes. Also, there won't be any PST on the item. Ask if he has the original stock available.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #1193

^ And after I wrote that, I received an email from Clay at Prophet wanting to know if I was happy with the rifle they sent me. Awesome customer service.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #1194

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Costco is where I got my safe. But for $350, you're not going to get something with a lot of space. For $469, you can get a nice safe from there, but it's only 2.3 cubic feet.

I bought a sheet metal style safe from Canadian Tire for $149. It's a big safe, but I only use it to store ammo, or overnight storage of guns that I'm working on. I wouldn't keep my collection in there.

thanks!
did you get that one at costco that has the key/digital key pad combo?
Old 02-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #1195

Quote:
did you get that one at costco that has the key/digital key pad combo?
I have read a few threads about these digital locks all of a sudden crapping the bed and then you need to drill into the safe. I'd stick to mechanical
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2016, 01:38 AM   #1196
ESKETIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
I have read a few threads about these digital locks all of a sudden crapping the bed and then you need to drill into the safe. I'd stick to mechanical

Usually if the keypad stops working, you can still get in with the key.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:47 AM   #1197

Quote:
Usually if the keypad stops working, you can still get in with the key.
If you are on CGN search 'Costco Safe' and you'll see some interesting stories. Ask someone that works on safes - they love the Costco safes because it keeps them busy.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2016, 05:54 AM   #1198
ESKETIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
If you are on CGN search 'Costco Safe' and you'll see some interesting stories. Ask someone that works on safes - they love the Costco safes because it keeps them busy.
from CGN I noticed CanadaAmmo just got some stock of IMI ammo for sale. heard they are pretty good and only come once in awhile.

anyone here ever used em? worth the price?

Last edited by Vansterdam; 02-26-2016 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #1199
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
from CGN I noticed CanadaAmmo just got some stock of IMI ammo for sale. heard they are pretty good and only come once in awhile.

anyone here ever used em? worth the price?
Unless you're comp shooting or really into getting super tight groupings, just buy the cheapest stuff out there.

People have a huge hate for Norinco ammo but I love it.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Unless you're comp shooting or really into getting super tight groupings, just buy the cheapest stuff out there.

People have a huge hate for Norinco ammo but I love it.
I like to reload. Costs go down and you can develop the perfect load for each gun. Win/win