REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 02-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #1201
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
I like to reload. Costs go down and you can develop the perfect load for each gun. Win/win
Best of all, you can reload with Norinco!!!

Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #1202
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Lol hand loads..always remember back when I was young, probably around 8-9 my dad used to have an AR15 before they became restricted

I used to shoot that thing all day long, great fun

Then one day we went to the range and he put in his hand loaded rounds, probably holding it just casually in my shoulder, put one round through it and lay the gun down and go cry down the hallway cause it startled me so lol
Old 02-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #1203
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Executive Lock & Safe Ltd. These guys have a bunch of used safes in the back of their shop
I gotta check this place out. I don't mind my Costco safe. But I'm not against going with a safe that is of higher quality.

Literally 25 minutes after you left, I ordered a charger from a place in Kelowna. I bought the basic charger for just under $400. Not bad at all. One shop in Alberta had a charger with a nice Boyd's wood stock. But I'd rather start with fewer parts so I don't feel bad when I change them out.

I just love my 10/22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
did you get that one at costco that has the key/digital key pad combo?
That's the one.
It works well, has lots of room, and doesn't break the bank.

But......
\/

Quote:
If you are on CGN search 'Costco Safe' and you'll see some interesting stories. Ask someone that works on safes - they love the Costco safes because it keeps them busy.
Mine has let me down before. It doesn't like certain battery brands, and will sometimes jam. The key "works"... but not always. In the last three years, I've had a couple of instances where I found myself wasting 5 minutes, cursing and messing with the key.

That's why it would be nice to get a high quality safe, and retire this one to a different room.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #1204
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I gotta check this place out. I don't mind my Costco safe. But I'm not against going with a safe that is of higher quality.

Literally 25 minutes after you left, I ordered a charger from a place in Kelowna. I bought the basic charger for just under $400. Not bad at all. One shop in Alberta had a charger with a nice Boyd's wood stock. But I'd rather start with fewer parts so I don't feel bad when I change them out.

I just love my 10/22.
I had a feeling that you were going to head down that road. Let me know how you like it. Bet you wished you had that red dot now!
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2016, 05:35 PM   #1205

Quote:

I just love my 10/22.

That's the one.
It works well, has lots of room, and doesn't break the bank.

But......
\/

Mine has let me down before. It doesn't like certain battery brands, and will sometimes jam. The key "works"... but not always. In the last three years, I've had a couple of instances where I found myself wasting 5 minutes, cursing and messing with the key.

That's why it would be nice to get a high quality safe, and retire this one to a different room.
Hmm..I'm tempted to get the Costco one because it seems like good value, but this makes me weary. So does the key actually move the mechanical locking mechanism or does it try to override the digital portion by using the key?

If it was just my guns it would he one think, but I'd like to put other documents etc in like passports etc but it's pretty dicey if I can't open it when I need them lol

Oh well, have a look tom.. That place with the used safes only had two new gun safes in stock at $1400, little out of my price range
Old 02-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #1206
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
Quote:
I like to reload. Costs go down and you can develop the perfect load for each gun. Win/win
figured Id grab some IMI and save the casings for reload
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #1207

Quote:
Oh well, have a look tom.. That place with the used safes only had two new gun safes in stock at $1400, little out of my price range
Didn't they have any used ones in the back? I looked at a few just a month ago - one was a half gun/half document safe. Plus several nice data safes that have 5 hour burn ratings.

I was going to buy one of their data safes when a friend of mine did me a solid and sold me his massive data safe for $500 because he paid that for the old shotgun safe pulled out of the Poco police department.

Last edited by Zedbra; 02-26-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:27 PM   #1208

when i got an email they said nothing in currently, although they may be thinking i'm looking specifically for a gun safe or didnt really understand what i was getting at.. although i was pretty clear.

maybe go for a drive and check er out tom anyways
Old 02-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #1209
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Called in today and got told they just needed to interview one of my references before proceeding with my application, so I got one of them to call in and now my application is moving along to the next step (which I believe is just waiting for the BC CFO to give final approval)
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #1210

fuck, seems like costco no longer carries their gun safe.. i swear it was there under a month ago

Hypa, time to upgrade and sell me yours!

drove around today checking out everywhere i could think of/find for gun safes, fuck the selection is super limited.. best selection by far was at the Grandview Canadian tire, but the majority were $800+

If costco still sold theirs, id snap that one up, even with the mixed reviews.. best option seems to be this buck commander bow/gun cabinet, wholesale has it on for $249

the door feels flimsy as fuck but apparently it's decently rated.. hmm
Old 02-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #1211

^ that Buck Commander is just a Stack-On with different shelving. Do you need the shelving? If not, just buy a Stack-On 14 gun cabinet when they come on sale at CT. I have two 10 gun cabinets - got them both for $99 on sale at different times. Upright Metal Gun Cabinet, 10-Piece | Canadian Tire

One of the reviews I saw about that Bow/Gun cabinet said it is not tall enough for a shotgun - and I have a few rifles and shotguns that are long in both my safes so it wouldn't work for me.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #1212

id like somthing with a shelf to put hand guns on, but dont really need it.. and yea the height thing was somthing i didnt consider until after i had left..

gonna go back to CT tom check another location out that has a few different ones in stock according to their website
Old 02-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #1213

Quote:
id like somthing with a shelf to put hand guns on, but dont really need it.. and yea the height thing was somthing i didnt consider until after i had left..

gonna go back to CT tom check another location out that has a few different ones in stock according to their website
Even though my cabinets have small shelves in them, I have 5 handguns stacked on them between the two. I use a glove between them and styrofoam on the metal shelf.

If you are buying the Stack-On cabinets, then wait until CT has a sale as they are often on sale for 50% off. They go on sale many times per year.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #1214

I don't know if anyone here has a MKIII pistol (not a 22/45), but I am selling a few sets of custom grips if anyone is interested.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:06 AM   #1215

Rule #1 of buying anything from CT is never pay full price unless you're in a rush, everything goes on sale eventually and usually for a fair bit off (like when some of their tools hit 75% off). What you can do is go to customer service and ask when the last time an item was on sale and if they'd be willing to honour the sale price, usually if it was within the last few weeks they'll give it to you for the old sale price.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Rule #1 of buying anything from CT is never pay full price unless you're in a rush, everything goes on sale eventually and usually for a fair bit off (like when some of their tools hit 75% off). What you can do is go to customer service and ask when the last time an item was on sale and if they'd be willing to honour the sale price, usually if it was within the last few weeks they'll give it to you for the old sale price.
While we are talking about CT pricing, another thing to consider is that many of them are franchise locations and just because on store has a product on sale does not mean that another one will honour that pricing. Often they do, but sometimes they won't based on their limited stock or cost to bring it in.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #1217

i live by that Canadian tire motto of never buying anything until its on sale, have forever lol

guess i will wait.. i'm terrible with getting an idea in my head then having to go out and buy X item right now! lol
Old 02-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #1218

Quote:
i live by that Canadian tire motto of never buying anything until its on sale, have forever lol

guess i will wait.. i'm terrible with getting an idea in my head then having to go out and buy X item right now! lol
You and me both. Sometimes, the savings isn't worth the wait!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:37 AM   #1219
they call me the snowman

Woot!
I got my Ruger Charger from Canada Post yesterday. I was worried, having never bought a restricted online. So I took about 4 hrs off work, knowing what time the mail usually arrives.

Of course, the first thing I did was tear it down and see if it really is just a 10/22 receiver in a short stock.

Yes, it is. It also uses AR mags, which is great because so does my T97. Time to kick up the parts collection and doll this thing up. I have a busy next couple of days with work and sports, but I'll try to get out to the range on thursday or friday and snap some pics.

+1 for Grouse River in Kelowna. They were easy to deal with, and helped me through what ended up being a very easy process.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #1220

I have a rifle I am waiting for and has been hung up at CP in Richmond for a week now. I want my new toy!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:08 AM   #1221
they call me the snowman

I am very happy with my Ruger Charger. Even though I am still waiting on the regi, and still haven't fired it yet. But the tinkerer in me is pleased.

I also picked up a buffer bolt, extractor, and extended mag release to go with the flash hider and Buckmark optic. Tomorrow night I'll have some time to do file the internals for the bolt release. I'd like to get more involved in the trigger on my 10/22's. They're a ton of fun to shoot.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #1222

I checked online last night and saw: "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2016, 07:14 PM   #1223

Quote:
I am very happy with my Ruger Charger. Even though I am still waiting on the regi, and still haven't fired it yet. But the tinkerer in me is pleased.

I also picked up a buffer bolt, extractor, and extended mag release to go with the flash hider and Buckmark optic. Tomorrow night I'll have some time to do file the internals for the bolt release. I'd like to get more involved in the trigger on my 10/22's. They're a ton of fun to shoot.
Looks awesome! I filed my sear to have a lighter trigger on my 10/22. It can be done - just go slow. I already posted youtube vid on doing this mod.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #1224

Since I hate waiting on the mail I called the BC CFO today, for some reason their phone line sounds screwed up but I was able to get my PAL number. Sorry to keep spamming the thread but I'm pretty excited.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2016, 10:26 AM   #1225
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Looks awesome! I filed my sear to have a lighter trigger on my 10/22. It can be done - just go slow. I already posted youtube vid on doing this mod.
I'm going to work on my reloading station and the 10/22 triggers this weekend. The kids sports are winding down, which leaves me with a little bit of Steve time.

Sportsman show is this weekend, and we're heading out on Sunday. Is anyone else going?